Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member สมาชิก

Default settlement visa/general questions

Helloooo,

First of all i would just like to thank everyone here for there continued support and help on this amazing forum, although not actively posting on the site it was instrumental in me and my girlfriend (now wife's) 3 month visit visa application back in June, basically i've have been lurking around for a little while

Some of these questions might look a little simple/basic to some but i guess everyone's situation is unique and i would hate for it to be refused because i've done/didn't do something daft, we will be applying for a spouse visa and all the base's right now seem to be covered but i have some niggles/concerns.

Now, until earlier this afternoon i was positive the only way to submit the documents was to send everything to my wife in Thailand and she would need to apply in Bangkok and then the documents would be sent from there just like the visit visa, now what i understand is.. i can actually send everything myself directly from here to Sheffield, is that right?!

With that said and if that's the case i'm confused, i would certainly need her passport here to include inside the folder with all the documents but she would also need it to apply in Bangkok with her id card and application form, so my question is would the passport be forwarded to Sheffield from Bangkok with her biometrics and application form from Bangkok? i would be sceptical about all the documents coming together in Sheffield!

would my wife pay for the application in Bangkok or would i now pay when i submit the folder here in the U.K?

Are the original birth certificates a necessity for the application? i mean, we have them so we can include them but mine is 38 years old and my wife's is falling apart lol

The affirmation to marry that say's should be included in Frogsters guide (which is incredibly awesome by the way), pretty sure they took it at the amphur when we were married in Bangrak, is that an issue? do we need it?

A floor plan of the property, is this essential? or will photo's of the property suffice?

I have also read that i need to photocopy all the documents, in essence creating a completely different second folder, is this right? if that's the case that's some heavy sh*t to be sending all the way to Thailand

I'm sure there are more questions i'll be asking in the future and my wife will be kicking my arse tomorrow after seeing this post asking why i didn't ask about x and x and x but right now these are a few things on my mind, other than that i'm quite confident about the application in general as i have everything they want and need to see i believe, i will be posting here quite a bit over the next few months anyway with more daft questions and for helpful advice from the professionals

Anyway thanks to all and everyone in advance who takes the time to read and and reply and offer me there time and experience!

Cheers, Daz

Hi Nogoodmrfish,

I take it you're filling out the settlement application online(Visa4UK) for her? For the appointment in Bangkok, you need to book and pay for it at the end of the online application. Once you have a date confirmed, all your wife needs to take is her passport, the 'application form confirmation', the 'application form' itself and her A1(minimum) certificate. I was told to take the IOM TB test cert but that wasn't needed. Basically, they'll keep her passport and copy her other bits of paper etc. In the meantime, you send everything else off to Sheffield and wait for the outcome. You don't need to send your supporting documents to Thailand. We got our decision in exactly 12 weeks from the date of her appointment and her passport was sent back to her in Thailand.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks so much for the reply mate! I appreciate it!

We were going to fill the application out together like we did for the visit visa, until recently I was under the impression I’d need to send everything directly to the missus in Bangkok, the vfs website also states she needs to present all the supporting documents when she applys there so naturally we’re a bit confused. Thai women are also writing on pantip writing the vfs no longer scan documents and send them to the U.K. lol so wasn’t sure the best way and what’s right as everyone is contradicting each other!

she’s taking the B1 as her English is pretty good and I have no problems covering all the supporting documents, proof of earnings, relationship evidence etc so it’s just a few outstanding things concerning the application itself and how to go about it and what’s the best way to go about it all that’s bothering us both.

So just to confirm, I’d send everything (supporting docs) from here straight to Sheffield and all she literally needs in Thailand is... her passport, the application confirmation and final finished application form and her English test results, I take it the iom tb test would be sent with my supporting documents from here and a photocopy would be enough if she sent it me via email and I just printed it from here? I’d probably put a copy of the application form and English test inside inside also just to cover my arse.

And daft question lol if they keep
    her passport there in Thailand how would they go about putting the visa inside if it’s a success if it’s not in Sheffield? Unless I’m missing something here and it is in fact done there in Thailand?!

Many thanks for the reply dude!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Also, the original marriage certificates are with her in Thailand at the moment and I’m assuming I need these, the original copy’s here with me and the translations for the application?!
    Last edited by Nogoodmrfish; 17th Feb 2019 at 16:49. Reason: Error

I very much doubt that you will need to include the language test results. UKVI access them online or certainly did back in 2016 when my wife applied for her settlement visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogoodmrfish View Post

So just to confirm, I’d send everything (supporting docs) from here straight to Sheffield and all she literally needs in Thailand is... her passport, the application confirmation and final finished application form and her English test results?
    Yeah that’s all we were told to bring in September last year, I went the day before the appointment to confirm what was needed.

I take it the iom tb test would be sent with my supporting documents from here and a photocopy would be enough if she sent it me via email and I just printed it from here? I’d probably put a copy of the application form and English test inside inside also just to cover my arse.

I’m not sure if copies are accepted or not to be honest mate, perhaps someone else could confirm that. I sent originals with our application and left a copy of the TB test for my wife to show at the airport when she landed here last month, she didn’t actually need it to be fair but I think some people have been asked for it at the airport.

And daft question lol if they keep
    her passport there in Thailand how would they go about putting the visa inside if it’s a success if it’s not in Sheffield? Unless I’m missing something here and it is in fact done there in Thailand?!

Yeah, they keep her passport and put the visa in, in Thailand.

Many thanks for the reply dude!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Also, the original marriage certificates are with her in Thailand at the moment and I’m assuming I need these, the original copy’s here with me and the translations for the application?!
    I sent original certificates and translations with our application.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I didd too

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi Daz
    I'm going through the settlement application process now and sending all my documents (incl originals) to Sheffield from the UK. All my wife will be bringing with her for the appointment in BKK will be her passport, the appointment confirmation, completed application form and copies of her TB and English test certificates. I gather from what I've read here and elsewhere that they will only take her passport and barely glance at the rest....

Member สมาชิก

Thanks to all who have replied.

Melteddrummer, cheers dude she is going to send the marriage documents and translations to me with a bunch of other bits we need before we apply.

Dicky, are you sending the original certificates for the Tb test and the English test from here to Sheffield or are you just sending copies and your wife is taking the originals, could I just send the copy’s in my folder if my wife takes the originals with her when she applys?

Sorry I’m being a bit anal lol but I’ve never applied this way before.. just want to make sure everything is done correctly

Cheers all for the feedback!

If anyone is near Norwich/Cambridge way we will all have to go out for a couple of pints when she arrives!

Rookie มือใหม่

We are going through the process of applying for my wifes family visa.
    one quick question: i am writing a letter to give to my boss, for him to sign on company headed paper. Does anybody know what address i should put on the letter. Sorry for the basic question but i cannot find an example anywhere.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

my work used "To Whom it may concern"

Rookie มือใหม่

I have the originals (TB & English tests) and am sending them from here in the UK. My wife has copies and will present them if asked at her appointment. The appointment confirmation email states that my wife should bring the TB certificate with her to the appointment but doesn't specify if it has to be the original or it can be a copy. I'm taking a chance that a copy will do as I understand that all the decision making is done here in the UK, so really all she needs is to hand over her passport, do the biometric stuff and provide her application reference ( on the application form). From what I've read I get the impression that it shouldn't really matter how the documents get to the Sheffield (send from here, post from BKK or let VFS scan and send it), provided the documents are all accompanied by the application reference then it should all meet up on the Clearance Officers desk.... hopefully I'm not being too naïve about all this

The Appointment Confirmation still hasn’t been updated. They really should have updated it by now.

Rookie มือใหม่

Wife attended her appointment today and all she needed was her
    passport and application form. They didn't ask for anything else.

now the waiting begins ....

Member สมาชิก

Cheers dicky, good luck.. you’ve been very helpful! You’ll have to post back and met me know how it goes, we have literally just submitted the application online, I’m now a poor man lmao i have a quick question regarding the nhs charge, once we received the email it says to update the application with the ihs number but the application was already finished, sorry if I’m coming off a bit stupid, don’t want any mistakes.

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Sorry to derail your thread slightly With the NHS surcharge, I'm presuming that it's paid after the visa application is successful. or do you pay it when you don't even know if the visa has been granted or not?
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Member สมาชิก

When I did my visa I had to pay the same time as the visa fee unless it’s changed that was on spouse visa then again on FLR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    Sorry to derail your thread slightly With the NHS surcharge, I'm presuming that it's paid after the visa application is successful. or do you pay it when you don't even know if the visa has been granted or not?
    You pay before submitting your application. If it’s unsuccessful, the NHS surcharge fee will be refunded

Member สมาชิก

Like Mack says you pay at the same time as when you pay for the application, skint now lol not sure how I’m supposed to submit the ihs numbers though unless it’s something that I register when she is here, they should make these things a little clearer considering all the flaming hoops they make you jump through anyway, smh

If it hasn’t changed since my wife applied for her settlement visa you have to pay for the NHS surcharge and then add the IHS number to the visa application.

Member สมาชิก

At the risk of looking like a complete arse hat now, what do you mean?! The application had already been finished, signed for and is now closed so I can’t get back into it to update anything and I don’t remember it asking for an ihs number anywhere, do you mean I print it separately and attach it in the folder?!