Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    17 Jul 2015
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    260

    Default English b1 test refused

    Trinity college in cardiff refused to take my wife's english test as i made a fault on her registration.
    I entered 1 more digit then needed with her passport id number, Very annoyed with myself as very rare i make silly mistakes like this.
    What gets me they can see its her by the photographs in her passport and visa card.

    Now they want to charge another £150 for a retest.
    What a complete joke this country is, You would think they could still let her take her test.
    And you get all these Asylum seekers coming into this country and getting away with cashouts from this government.

    I want to take this further, but not sure what action to take.
    Anyone else on here been in a similar situation.

    And they wont let you in the building, just the person taking the test.

    Its just pure greed by them knowing people will have to bite the bullet

  2. #2
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    8 Oct 2014
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    84

    Default

    So you’re angry because you cocked up and didn’t enter the details correctly. It’s hardly their fault. It does say when filling out the booking that all details must match EXACTLY.

    It’s the same when booking flights. If you spell a name wrong they can hit you with a charge when you go to check in.

    Guess the moral of the story is check and recheck before hitting confirm.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackem Stu View Post

    It’s the same when booking flights. If you spell a name wrong they can hit you with a charge when you go to check in.
    An airline offered an alternative flight after changing mine and they made two spelling mistakes with my name on my new ticket. They said it wouldn't matter when I queried it and weren't prepared to correct their mistake but on showing it to another department they said it did matter and gave me the impression they would be having words.

    Sometimes it's surprising how much things differ talking to different people who work for the same organisation.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

  4. #4
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Yes in Manchester i went with my wife they had a big reception downstairs test was somewhere upstairs guess what the heavens opened up and they throw me out now the saying goes i would not throw the cat out in that to say i was annoyed but it does say on the booking page you wont be able to wait .
    I would get in touch they must have a complaint policy ,£150 is a lot of money .
    Also how many mistakes are going to be made with all the online applications now a work colleague is super fast on a computer but always seems to have to do the job twice saying that his twice is still quicker than my once .
    Some high level stories about market traders hitting the wrong numbers and losing there companies big money .

  5. #5
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    An airline offered an alternative flight after changing mine and they made two spelling mistakes with my name on my new ticket. They said it wouldn't matter when I queried it and weren't prepared to correct their mistake but on showing it to another department they said it did matter and gave me the impression they would be having words.

    Sometimes it's surprising how much things differ talking to different people who work for the same organisation.
    I ve made a Boo-Boo on Mrs name for a flight later this year a letter missing, I have a dodgy letter on my keyboard and did nt double check (as advised above), will cost to have the letter added (ironically when you say her name that letter is silent) I emailed them ASAP but will have to pay a small fee, but they wanted me to send Credit Card details via Email in which there's not a chance in this world sending that information in a Email.
    Dont be a Pap like me, treble check everything.
    On the OP's point it is a lot of money, but no customer service, years ago they would rectify the one digit but now is all about extracting as much money a possible. On my part I except my mistake but also years ago they would rectify that as well (without payment)
    Last edited by sisaket; 16th Feb 2019 at 21:39.
    bangkok mags

  6. #6
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    I blame lack of concentration not looking at what your writing more on what keys you press .
    For the younger generation its good but the dinosaurs could be a problem .
    Very easy to make a mistake and when your filling in 50 pages plus i am not to happy with all the online visa applications i tried it 15 months ago and wasnt happy with it for FLM M went back to the old pen .

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    I blame lack of concentration not looking at what your writing more on what keys you press .
    For the younger generation its good but the dinosaurs could be a problem .
    Very easy to make a mistake and when your filling in 50 pages plus i am not to happy with all the online visa applications i tried it 15 months ago and wasnt happy with it for FLM M went back to the old pen .
    You have to be kidding! If most youngsters were checking things you would be lucky if any big words were spelled properly!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    You have to be kidding! If most youngsters were checking things you would be lucky if any big words were spelled properly!

    And their use of American English
    Last edited by marshall; 18th Feb 2019 at 01:33. Reason: Grammar
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

  9. #9
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    You have to be kidding! If most youngsters were checking things you would be lucky if any big words were spelled properly!
    does big mean more than five letters ??

Similar Threads

  1. Advice on English test and TB test
    By kevg in forum Website / Forum Issues / The Starting Post
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31st May 2015, 13:32
  2. Please help! - English illiterate wife and A1 English test worry :S
    By Cassy2012 in forum English Language ภาษาอังกฤษ
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29th Mar 2013, 17:34
  3. A1 English test
    By mbsk in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th Feb 2013, 00:21
  4. A1 English Test "Reading & Listening" - 2 skills in 1 test?
    By Cassy2012 in forum English Language ภาษาอังกฤษ
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st Oct 2012, 07:59
  5. TB test and English test recommends questions please
    By Gary Turner in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28th Mar 2011, 13:13

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •