Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default English b1 test refused

Trinity college in cardiff refused to take my wife's english test as i made a fault on her registration.
    I entered 1 more digit then needed with her passport id number, Very annoyed with myself as very rare i make silly mistakes like this.
    What gets me they can see its her by the photographs in her passport and visa card.

Now they want to charge another £150 for a retest.
    What a complete joke this country is, You would think they could still let her take her test.
    And you get all these Asylum seekers coming into this country and getting away with cashouts from this government.

I want to take this further, but not sure what action to take.
    Anyone else on here been in a similar situation.

And they wont let you in the building, just the person taking the test.

Its just pure greed by them knowing people will have to bite the bullet

Member สมาชิก

So you’re angry because you cocked up and didn’t enter the details correctly. It’s hardly their fault. It does say when filling out the booking that all details must match EXACTLY.

It’s the same when booking flights. If you spell a name wrong they can hit you with a charge when you go to check in.

Guess the moral of the story is check and recheck before hitting confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackem Stu View Post

It’s the same when booking flights. If you spell a name wrong they can hit you with a charge when you go to check in.
    An airline offered an alternative flight after changing mine and they made two spelling mistakes with my name on my new ticket. They said it wouldn't matter when I queried it and weren't prepared to correct their mistake but on showing it to another department they said it did matter and gave me the impression they would be having words.

Sometimes it's surprising how much things differ talking to different people who work for the same organisation.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Old Hand มือเก่า

Yes in Manchester i went with my wife they had a big reception downstairs test was somewhere upstairs guess what the heavens opened up and they throw me out now the saying goes i would not throw the cat out in that to say i was annoyed but it does say on the booking page you wont be able to wait .
    I would get in touch they must have a complaint policy ,£150 is a lot of money .
    Also how many mistakes are going to be made with all the online applications now a work colleague is super fast on a computer but always seems to have to do the job twice saying that his twice is still quicker than my once .
    Some high level stories about market traders hitting the wrong numbers and losing there companies big money .

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    An airline offered an alternative flight after changing mine and they made two spelling mistakes with my name on my new ticket. They said it wouldn't matter when I queried it and weren't prepared to correct their mistake but on showing it to another department they said it did matter and gave me the impression they would be having words.

Sometimes it's surprising how much things differ talking to different people who work for the same organisation.
    I ve made a Boo-Boo on Mrs name for a flight later this year a letter missing, I have a dodgy letter on my keyboard and did nt double check (as advised above), will cost to have the letter added (ironically when you say her name that letter is silent) I emailed them ASAP but will have to pay a small fee, but they wanted me to send Credit Card details via Email in which there's not a chance in this world sending that information in a Email.
    Dont be a Pap like me, treble check everything.
    On the OP's point it is a lot of money, but no customer service, years ago they would rectify the one digit but now is all about extracting as much money a possible. On my part I except my mistake but also years ago they would rectify that as well (without payment)
    Last edited by sisaket; 16th Feb 2019 at 21:39.
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

I blame lack of concentration not looking at what your writing more on what keys you press .
    For the younger generation its good but the dinosaurs could be a problem .
    Very easy to make a mistake and when your filling in 50 pages plus i am not to happy with all the online visa applications i tried it 15 months ago and wasnt happy with it for FLM M went back to the old pen .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    I blame lack of concentration not looking at what your writing more on what keys you press .
    For the younger generation its good but the dinosaurs could be a problem .
    Very easy to make a mistake and when your filling in 50 pages plus i am not to happy with all the online visa applications i tried it 15 months ago and wasnt happy with it for FLM M went back to the old pen .
    You have to be kidding! If most youngsters were checking things you would be lucky if any big words were spelled properly!

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    You have to be kidding! If most youngsters were checking things you would be lucky if any big words were spelled properly!

And their use of American English
    Last edited by marshall; 18th Feb 2019 at 01:33. Reason: Grammar
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    does big mean more than five letters ??