My wife told me at the weekend that the Life in the UK test (LITUK) is to end on 29th March according to a post (in Thai) which she showed me from an online group of Thai spouses in the UK. I thought that this was strange as I've heard nothing of this and I do keep a very close eye on the various updates to the immigration rules.

That post is wrong and I told my wife so. I thought that I would share this as it's possible that the Thai partners/spouses of other members of the board may have also come across that post.

Here is the most up-to-date information about the future of LITUK and the language requirements:

The Government has just published an Integrated Communities Action Plan (February 2019).

Among the action plan targets are:

"We will revise the content of the Life in the UK test to give greater prominence to British values."

and

"We will strengthen the language requirements for those seeking to become British citizens, as well as keeping under review the impact of English language requirements on visas."

and

"We will provide information for all visa application routes about life in modern Britain, so that those applying for a visa to come to the UK are aware of our values before they arrive. This information will be aligned with the revised Life in the UK test."

The lead department in the first two targets above is given as being the Home Office. The lead for the third target is the Home Office and the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG).

The delivery date given for all three targets is "ongoing". In other words, they are works in progress.