Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Police check for visa

Hi all, I see that part of the paperwork to be submitted with your visa application at the Thai embassy in London is a police check, does this only need to be done once, or each time you apply or renew your visa? And is this only required outside of Thailand, if I were in Thailand would I need the police check?
    many thanks for any help
    essexboys

If it's a requirement for a police check to qualify for a visa, then it makes sense for it to be required for every application, does it not?

How many visas will you need?
    'Tis me

Hi caller, I went into 'Thai visa' and got the answer, if I'm applying in my own country (uk) then I need to get the police check, if I apply in Thailand then I do not need the police check

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Hi caller, I went into 'Thai visa' and got the answer, if I'm applying in my own country (uk) then I need to get the police check, if I apply in Thailand then I do not need the police check
    Ah, that would be the criminals route then. Considering their oft-stated desire to stop foreign criminals settling in Thailand, it's a wonder that hasn't been changed. Did TV state whether multiple such applications in Thailand might be frowned upon?
    'Tis me

Hi caller, the advice was that on a non immigrant 'O A' visa based on being over 50 the visa was 1 year if I apply in uk then I need a police check and medical certificate, the 800,000 thb or equivalent can be in my uk bank, as the first visa starts to end, say in the 12th month, then a visa run can be done to get another year stamp. After that the next time I want a visa if I apply in the uk I need to show police check, but if in Thailand I don't need to show a police check. TV didn't say whether multiple applications were frowned upon
    Last edited by Essex boys; 21st Feb 2019 at 11:27. Reason: Advise

Yes, the extra year for a trip planned just before the OA expires does indeed give you another 12 months. That's pretty common knowledge and well covered here as well. I just popped into Cambodia. It's just worth bearing in mind that changes seem to be happening thick and fast to accepted visa practises and keeping an eye on any changes. I assume you're aware that if you do it in Thailand and using bank funds, that the rules have changed in respect of how long the 800k needs to stay in your account both before and after the visa has been issued and that the funds must not drop below 400k.
    'Tis me

Too late for you to edit this Essex but can the mods please change the title and possibly add a note in the OP's first post to the effect that this information relates only to a retirement visa. There is no requirement for a police check on a Tourist Visa, Non Immigrant O based on marriage - or I think any other type of visa. However unlikely, people reading this may think they need a police check and obtain one - £25 wasted.

Hi all, again many thanks for the replys, caller I knew about the financials and how long you now need to keep them in your account, but yes a very valid point.
    Flip, yes, apologies for that i wasn't very clear about the type of visa, but it will be for a non immigrant 'O A' based on retirement over age 50. I just checked o now the Thai embassy in London web site, I clicked on their link to the police check company, and it now looks like the fee is £45.00.
    thanks again for the advice and for error spotting....
    essexboys