Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default April in Thailand

Hi all, as of 29th March my partner and I are going to be in Thailand, we're meeting her friends and travelling slowly up to chiang mai from bangkok taking about 5 days. We're spending another week with them but then plan on having the final week to ourselves somewhere a bit nicer and really relaxing, we're not into the party scene or anything like that so would love any recommendations as to where people think.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar

Are you looking for anything in particular e.g. beach
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow UNITED !!

Old Sukhothai Historical Park is a nice laid back place and so is Phrae. There is a nice road (Craft Village) in Chiang Mai lots of shops selling carvings.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Old Hand มือเก่า

Hot but i love it songkran in April i think its a great time to visit flights are cheap excellent choice .
    Just read the post again remember you have to get back to Bangkok for travel home so take that mission in when planning were ever you go .

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Sukhothai Historical Park and Phrae are good as said above. There is also the Black House, White Temple, Ban Ran Thai (for tea) and a host of other places in the North, have a look at my trip report I did a few years ago it may give you some ideas.
    https://thailand-uk.com/forums/showt...-on-a-CRF-250L

Have a good trip what ever you decide to do

Wayne

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkrite1 View Post
    Hi all, as of 29th March my partner and I are going to be in Thailand, we're meeting her friends and travelling slowly up to chiang mai from bangkok taking about 5 days. We're spending another week with them but then plan on having the final week to ourselves somewhere a bit nicer and really relaxing, we're not into the party scene or anything like that so would love any recommendations as to where people think.
    Visit Chiang Rai is a nice place for a relaxing holiday

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkrite1 View Post
    somewhere a bit nicer and really relaxing, we're not into the party scene or anything like that so would love any recommendations as to where people think.
    What exactly do you have in mind - Chiang Mai is one of the nicer cities in Thailand and the surrounding areas are very 'relaxing'. As you will only have a week, I would stay 'up North' - anywhere else will mean you spend a day of that week travelling. Chiang Rai and the surrounding area is particularly beautiful and not too far away + you can fly back to Bangkok from there when its time to leave.

The mountain near Chiang Mai gives good views over the city. A bit further there is Samoeng Forest, the road is very picturesque.

There is also a park not far from Chiang Mai city, and many large Temples with long staircases, one also has a cable car though it is enclosed.
    20170921_124316.jpg

20170922_135712.jpg

Wat Umong.
    20170922_121322.jpg

20170922_122033.jpg
    Last edited by marshall; 4th Mar 2019 at 16:19.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

I would say Chiang Mai is one of the most promising place for tourists. 5 days are good enough to see some of it's major and top ratted tourists destinations. One of them is Doi Suthep Mountain just few kilometers from city this gigantic mountain offers you to see best vies of city and much more, San kamphaeng Road trip would be another nice experience for you guys, Doi Inthanon National Park another must to see destination there for nature and adventure lovers, If you are found of shopping then must go to Warorot Market, also enjoy majestic views of The Mae Ping River and if you are history lover then must go to see ruins of Wat Chedi Luang.

Great information but not for the OP. This thread was started in March and the OP's holiday will have come and gone back in April.