Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Life in the UK Test

Hi,

My wife recently received her FLR (M) visa so we are finally on the last leg of our visa journey ... hopefully!

She has been practicing for the LITUK Test and wants to take the test asap. I have heard rumours that it may change, and probably will, before she needs to apply for the ILR visa.

What would be peoples advice on taking the test now? Would it likely still be valid to use for the ILR even if they change the test in the meantime?

Any help / suggestions is appreciated.

Steve

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Tom and Nok have covered this topic recently in great detail..See if you can find it on this forum..In short..not likely to happen for a good while..

https://thailand-uk.com/forums/showt...ighlight=LITUK

Old Hand มือเก่า

i would say whatever test it is at the time will be ok as then the government will be open to all kind of compensation claims if they say you can not use that sure they will be a cut off somewhere say from this date of FLM gained .
    I think it will be the time line of when introduced and allow people to make a choice good question but they wont leave themselves open for claims agianst them .

Hi Steve

I'm afraid that it's not possible to give you definitive answers at the moment.

The government confirmed that it is revising the LITUK test on page 9 of its Integrated Communities Action Plan which was published last month: "We will revise the content of the Life in the UK test to give greaterprominence to British values." The lead department for this is the Home Office but the delivery date is given as "Ongoing".

I don't really think that there'll be much progress on the introduction of a new LITUK until after more urgent and pressing Brexit and other immigration matters are dealt with by the Home Office civil servants.

At this stage we can only make assumptions about the possible recognition of current version LITUK passes being acceptable for future ILR and citizenship applications once the new LITUK comes into play.

My guess that there may be a transition period as happened with the introduction of SELT tests back in April 2015 when there was a seven month window (5 April to 5 November 2015) during which certain "old" English language tests offered by Pearson, C&G and Cambridge would still be accepted for UK settlement visa applications.

My wife will be applying for ILR in the middle of next year and she has been revising and practising for the current LITUK. She's decided that she wants to take the LITUK in the next couple of months and we are assuming that such a pass would still be valid next May. We might, of course, be wrong.
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    Hi Steve

I'm afraid that it's not possible to give you definitive answers at the moment.

The government confirmed that it is revising the LITUK test on page 9 of its Integrated Communities Action Plan which was published last month: "We will revise the content of the Life in the UK test to give greaterprominence to British values." The lead department for this is the Home Office but the delivery date is given as "Ongoing".

I don't really think that there'll be much progress on the introduction of a new LITUK until after more urgent and pressing Brexit and other immigration matters are dealt with by the Home Office civil servants.

At this stage we can only make assumptions about the possible recognition of current version LITUK passes being acceptable for future ILR and citizenship applications once the new LITUK comes into play.

My guess that there may be a transition period as happened with the introduction of SELT tests back in April 2015 when there was a seven month window (5 April to 5 November 2015) during which certain "old" English language tests offered by Pearson, C&G and Cambridge would still be accepted for UK settlement visa applications.

My wife will be applying for ILR in the middle of next year and she has been revising and practising for the current LITUK. She's decided that she wants to take the LITUK in the next couple of months and we are assuming that such a pass would still be valid next May. We might, of course, be wrong.
    Then i would suggest a good solicitor would be able to claim all funds back which you have paid to gain that pass .
    But i agree tom im sure they would have a window for test results so go with what is in place .I mean my wife who has been studying for 3 years for this pass would have wasted 3 years sure that is not right under any law for someone to say you have wasted your time and money .

Member สมาชิก

We decided to gamble and booked the test, which my wife passed first time yesterday

Now just fingers crossed that the rules don't change and that is another thing crossed off the list for ILR.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    We decided to gamble and booked the test, which my wife passed first time yesterday

Now just fingers crossed that the rules don't change and that is another thing crossed off the list for ILR.
    I would say that it will be honored ,99.9 per cent sure .thats the bench mark for a test your misses has spent hundreds of hours studing for it and its no longer valid i dont think so .
    congrats in order and i would say dont worry you be fine .