Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default New Tollway from Korat to Bangkok

Hi

Is any of the new road open between Korat & Bangkok or are they waiting for it all to be completed?

Will be bomming it down that way mid April Songkran time.

Thanks

Lot's of it looked like this on 22nd December.

Flip might have an update?

IMG_0158-013.jpg
    'Tis me

Old Hand มือเก่า

great pic that

IMG_9384.jpg
    11 JAN 2019
    Bang Pa-In – Nakhon Ratchasima Intercity Motorway Project (M6) Lam Takhong Viaduct
    Pak Chong District
    Nakhon Ratchasima Province
    bangkok mags

Here's a few more pics from the Khao Yai / Sikhui area. I'm sure others have found it's hard to take decent pics from a moving car - and no, I wasn't driving!

Is anyone able to explain more about the construction of these pillars and the load bearing and how it work's? There's obviously different load bearing elements to the design. with various buffers built in, but sometimes I still wonder how they absorb the load? And of course this design is used all over Thailand, so it's tried and tested, although the bumps make me worry about the maintenance!

I love this style of 'brutalist' style of architecture - in Bangkok. Not so much in country areas.

IMG_0160-012.jpg

IMG_0152-015.jpg

IMG_0161-012.jpg
    'Tis me

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Flip might have an update?
    I'm afraid you won't be using it this Songkran - maybe next.

There are sections up near Lamtakhong dam that have working streetlamps yet just a couple of km away, there are sections that are yet to be built.

There is a bit of a row going on over some changes made to a flyover/intersection near Pak Chong and a whole service area to build there too. There is quite a large section, just after it leaves the 362 near Saraburi that disappears across the countryside for a considerable distance and without a drone , there's no way of knowing what the progress there is.

Sometimes new roads open section by section but with this one, I can't see that being possible - as I said earler, completed sections are just a few km away from some hardly started.

That said, I think all the pile driving is done as the teams have left local hotels and headed 'upcountry'.

My forecast...........Summer 2020.

I just hope they don't run into funding problems nearing the end - like the HS train project to Korat has, its virtually ground to a halt.

I put up some videos on the Construction, which answers some of the questions above, an ex-student of my Mrs put some drone pictures on FB today (M6), as above with the lights etc (nr the Dam).
    bangkok mags

Member สมาชิก

Many Thanks for your responses, I though maybe bits may be open. I saw something on the BBC that seemed to show a new motorway that had tunnels to protect wildlife & I wondered if that was the new highway. Sisaket where can I see your videos?

Caller, I have a plan of most of the route but it doesn't include where the road starts from - Bangkok end. Obviously its called the Bang Pa In - Korat motorway but that section on the 362 just below Saraburi looks like its the start to me. That's not Bang Pa In to my way of thinking - more like Saraburi. Are you aware of where it goes (if anywhere) after the 362 (in a Bangkok direction)? I've never really taken notice of that part - too busy looking out for crazy drivers when I join Highway 1.

Update:

Just done a google - info here:

http://www.doh-motorway.com/en/motor...tern-route/m6/

Quote Originally Posted by hoodeeni View Post
    Many Thanks for your responses, I though maybe bits may be open. I saw something on the BBC that seemed to show a new motorway that had tunnels to protect wildlife & I wondered if that was the new highway. Sisaket where can I see your videos?
    That's the 304 that goes to Korat from the east of Bangkok. The road was quite dangerous and I believe the new tunnels remove the high risk areas. That's open now and can be used.
    'Tis me

Quote Originally Posted by hoodeeni View Post
    Im sure their in the Photos from Isaan thread.
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    That's the 304 that goes to Korat from the east of Bangkok. The road was quite dangerous and I believe the new tunnels remove the high risk areas. That's open now and can be used.
    I've never used the 304 Caller, is it a viable option or is it slow?

I wish you could delete posts as well as edit them. Sorry, I should have googled it first - I have been on that road - some great scenery higher up (North of Prachinburi) but not an option if you want to get anywhere fast.

When the ex worked in Borwin I used to go up and down using the 331 and then (I think) the 304 to Kabin Buri then turn off into KY Nat Park and through. The 331 was horrendous but there was a lot of resurfacing going on the last time I was on it. The drive then became quite pleasant - obviously beautiful once one entered the park.

However at around 5.5 hours compared to the motorway route taking 3.5 and bearing in mind that the park would rip me for 400 baht - I stopped going that way.
    Last edited by Flip; 12th Mar 2019 at 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I've never used the 304 Caller, is it a viable option or is it slow?
    I have never been that way, well only as far as Wang Nam Kieow(sp?).

When living in Korat and travelling to Bkk, I wanted to do it, just for a change of scene. But the other half wouldn't hear of it and said it was too dangerous. So that put paid to that.

But elsewhere, a forum member will be taking that route to Korat shortly and has promised to report on it. I'll feedback when he does.
    'Tis me

It may be OK but I've never used it from Bangkok - as I say, I joined it from the 331. Scenic but slow.