Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ andyn1066's Avatar

Cool Second Thai Marriage documents

Hello All,

Been a while since there's been any posts from me. Recently returned to UK after being divorced at the Bang Rak BKK Amphur, after a happy 10 year marriage to Kung. We are now happily divorced, and still friends. All went well in the Amphur, fairly straight forward. Unfortunately didn't realise we needed a translator, we managed to get one for 3500 baht just along the road.

The question I have is now I have a Thai divorce certificate, what documents would I need to marry again at an Amphur? Would it be a case of just producing my passport and the Thai divorce certificate? Many year ago I had been married in the UK, and for my first Thai marriage had to do the normal procedure of having my British Decree Absolute certified and translated etc. Really hoping I don't have to jump through all the same hoops as my first marriage or even more hoops, but we are talking about Thailand!!

Any information would be great,

Andy

Old Hand มือเก่า

I would say you will be fine as the document is in Thai but you might need one to tie up loose ends in the UK ie pensions

Hmmmm, I should remember all this but I don't 100%. I do know that I had my Thai & UK divorce certificates with me at the British Embassy when I went for the affirmation but I didn't have to have them translated.

As you are not a Thai citizen, you will still need an Affirmation of Freedom to Marry.

Guidance on what is required for the affirmation here:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...r_DIVORCED.pdf

You will note that in the above guidance it states that only certificates issued outside the UK and Thailand need to be translated and certified.

There are a few hoops to jump through these days as the Thai authorities had a few problems with fake documents and tightened up the procedure.

Have a read here:

https://thailand-uk.com/forums/showt...-Thailand-2017

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ andyn1066's Avatar

Flip,

Many thanks. I thought it might be easier this time, but we are talking about Thailand !

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I mean this most kindly and I am glad that things ended amicably the second time and possibly the first but are you mad?