Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Big AL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    I just find it incredible that semi or fully automatic weapons can be bought legally in any country, I mean what legitimate purpose do they serve outside of War ?
    In the US there are "survivalists". They think that they needs these guns. I don't know what they think they need to survive and sometimes it leads to their deaths.

In the US there are "survivalists".
    I would imagine some would be concerned about zombie apocalypse or alien invasion and use that for justification, let's hope they don't confuse the return of Jesus with an alien invasion though as that might cause a bit of a sticky situation

The bigger problem is that those that cause these atrocities would not worry about obtain weapons illegally or would scale down to other methods of weapons that can still cause massive loss of life

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    I went to a range close to Patong when I first went to Thailand but it's there to fleece the tourists nothing much more. Very disappointed. They wanted so much to shoot 45 or 9 mm that I ended up plinking with a 22 for half an hour. They take a photo of you and want £5 for it. Really poor quality.

The laws in Thailand on pistols in Thailand are fairly lax from what I have read. Semi automatic rifles, I have no idea.

The laws in NZ allowed the nutter to have two or three semi automatic rifles and from what I have read there is no restriction on the number. Not sure why somebody would need that many.

Pre 1997 I owned half a dozen pistols of various calibres before the government with support from the opposition banned the lot with a few exceptions after Thomas Hamilton blew a gasket. Our shooting teams have to go abroad to shoot 22 pistols.
    IMG_9736.jpg
    Mrs firing a .22 (Glock) probably the least best time for me to start a matrimonial conflict
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    IMG_9736.jpg
    Mrs firing a .22 (Glock) probably the least best time for me to start a matrimonial conflict
    Where is that Range mate? I am looking for somewhere close to Chum Phae preferably, thx

Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    Where is that Range mate? I am looking for somewhere close to Chum Phae preferably, thx
    Royal Thai Navy Shooting Range Bang Na (BKK) its really easy to locate in BKK.
    We are members so can use ranges in Bangkok - Sattahip - Songkhala.
    bangkok mags

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big AL View Post
    In the US there are "survivalists". They think that they needs these guns. I don't know what they think they need to survive and sometimes it leads to their deaths.
    I work with one, his whole basement has about 4 yrs of non perishable food, as well as guns...seems a perfectly sensible bloke to talk to - I'd never heard of 'preppers' before I met him....I have so many arguments against it but in my older life I'm more likely to take my missus approach 'mai pen rai'.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Hi Flip, whereabouts is the gun club you are a member of as I know your not to far from me, I know there is one in Korat somewhere near the army base but I have thus far been unable to locate it. I used to shoot before Hamilton had his spree and haven't really shot since because I knew that they would ban just about everything, I fancy getting back into it when I'm over there, much better when its outside and warm and sunny and not some wet grey range in February.