Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question House Build. Korat

Does anybody on here know whether Alan from Together Construction is still in business? Just checked their website and all reference to Alan has been removed or deleted including any reviews / testimonials. Several months ago, Alan's name was prominent on all pages and contact details of the website. The only reference now is to "Lin". Also, the business location appears to have moved.

Just wondering whether anyone has any more details?

Alan Sinclair 0853482501

I contacted him when my first contractor screwed things up. He came out, looked at the job, said he would do it but was busy for a couple of months. Then despite several messages on LINE, I never heard from him again.

There is the other Allan - Allan the builder but he's usually busy for a year in advance. He also likes to stick to builds closer to his home.

When are you hoping to start?

Thanks for that, Flip. I'm hoping to make a start this year, if possible. When I looked at Allan the Builder's website I noticed that he will travel but only if the job is big enough. I'm pretty certain that my half rai of land and modest budget won't be enough to make it worth his while. We actually bought the land over a year ago. Originally, a rice field so we've built it up a few feet with earth etc with 2 sides of the perimeter wall to keep it all in place. Hoping to get the chanote (?) registered at the amphur when I'm over there next month and then after that, we should be good to go - fingers crossed! Well, it is Thailand after all!! 555

As a 'rule of thumb' it should be left to settle for a fair length of time especially if a rice field. Surely it wasnt just earth that you filled in with (?)

ian1208
    Judging others before you have met isn't a wise option.

Quote Originally Posted by ian1208 View Post
    As a 'rule of thumb' it should be left to settle for a fair length of time especially if a rice field. Surely it wasnt just earth that you filled in with (?)

ian1208
    No Ian, it was a mixture of earth and rubble / boulders etc. That itself was done over a year ago.

Member สมาชิก

I am not building on filled in ground I am driving 16 concrete piles in and having proper foundations.

It is not always necessary to use either filling or piles - check the geology first. A Scotsman who worked on the piling teams for the new Bang Pa In to Nakhon Ratchsima tollway close to my house told me that they were hitting rock at around 1m deep in many places. OK, 1m may be a little deeper that you'd go for a standard footing in the UK but if I had to choose between concrete pads on filled land and digging 1m down to solid rock - there would be no contest.

However, I wouldn't change the type of footing because it suits the construction type - concrete beam superstructure. I would still use pillars to support the frame above - just bed them on to rock.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by welshguy View Post
    I am not building on filled in ground I am driving 16 concrete piles in and having proper foundations.
    Yep, great idea, mine has been done like that, they came and drilled the soil to find out what they need to do, ended up with 22 three metre columns pile driven in to the ground then concrete blocks on top of those.
    So, fingers crossed