Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Travel to Bangkok via Amsterdam

Myself and child(both British) and Thai wife are planning to visit Thailand . We intend to travel by KLM from Inverness to Amsterdam and then non stop to Thailand.

Will my wife need a visa to travel to Amsterdam.

Thanks
    David

If its just a connecting flight then no visa is needed. If you're staying in Amsterdam for few days then she will need a visa to leave the airport.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

My wife has done this a few times..no visa needed as long as you stay in the secure area..On your return flight I do believe there is a KLM lounge you may be able to use at Suvanaphumi airport on your return flight..

iS IT WORTH THE HASSLE OR IS THERE A GREAT DIFFERENCE IN PRICE BETWEEN THAI AND KLM
    MELNATHAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elad View Post
    If its just a connecting flight then no visa is needed. If you're staying in Amsterdam for few days then she will need a visa to leave the airport.
    Absolutely correct. Amsterdam is an easy airport to transit through, some long walks but easy to navigate. Just keep an eye out for late gate changes!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    iS IT WORTH THE HASSLE OR IS THERE A GREAT DIFFERENCE IN PRICE BETWEEN THAI AND KLM
    MELNATHAN
    got to get to London for Thai air

Member สมาชิก

I have booked flight Inverness to Amsterdam and then non stop to Bangkok. Is it like Dubai where you dont see your suitcases until you reach Bangkok, or do you check them in at Amsterdam,

Thanjk
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I have booked flight Inverness to Amsterdam and then non stop to Bangkok. Is it like Dubai where you dont see your suitcases until you reach Bangkok, or do you check them in at Amsterdam,

Thanjk
    David
    If it's KLM or a code share partner you should be able to check the bags to BKK.
    bangkok mags

Member สมาชิก

I booked on 9 June 2019 with KLM flight Inverness to Amsterdam to Bangkok and return from 26 March 2020 - 16 April 2020 for 2 adults and on child at a cost of £1,733. Today I checked the same flight and the cost has dropped to £1,446.

I contacted KLM and they said prices are subject to availability. Thoughts on this please.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I booked on 9 June 2019 with KLM flight Inverness to Amsterdam to Bangkok and return from 26 March 2020 - 16 April 2020 for 2 adults and on child at a cost of £1,733. Today I checked the same flight and the cost has dropped to £1,446.

I contacted KLM and they said prices are subject to availability. Thoughts on this please.
    I don't think there is much you can do. If the price of your tickets has dropped greater than the fee for changing your ticket, then changing your ticket would be an option.

When booking direct with the airline, its inevitable you will pay more than booking through a travel agent.
    Looking at how soon you have booked your fare in advance, there is a probability that some of the travel agents hadn't block booked any seats yet.

Looking at skyscanner, travel agents have the fare as low as £1366 which would explain the drop in the fare when booking direct with KLM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    I don't think there is much you can do. If the price of your tickets has dropped greater than the fee for changing your ticket, then changing your ticket would be an option ...
    I agree. The contract was agreed at the time of purchase and it is too late to go back and change outside of what was agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    ... When booking direct with the airline, its inevitable you will pay more than booking through a travel agent ...
    I would take issue with you on this point, I almost always purchase tickets direct with the airline. Many offer a price promise guarantee that should you find the same flights (and conditions) at a lower price then they will refund the difference and then some.

Travel agents do not block book, some are consolidators and have access to special fares which are sometimes lower than the airlines published fare. Very often a travel agent issued ticket will be higher than buying direct because the agent builds their fee in to the ticket price.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Same here. On quite a few occasions I've found booking direct with the airline (we always use Emirates) to be cheaper than all the usual comparison/agent sites. I usually price direct from the airline before then comparing. When not booking direct I've always found Netflights to be cheapest for our particular flights

Just a point of interest , if you book direct with the airline and pay with a credit card your payment is insured but if through a agent you are not because it is the agent making the booking with the airline.
    Melnathan

Member สมาชิก

I booked 2 adults and 2 children in June with KLM from Manchester to Bangkok return for about £1600. If i had booked about 6 weeks prior to this i would have got them for around £1400.

Cheers..