Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Visa Options after Further Leave to remain

Hello Folks, I have taken my eye of the ball in relation to my wifes visa options when her further leave to remain visa expires in Septmeber this year. My wife and I live in Northern Ireland. My wife has applied for Irish Citizenship as allowed under the Good Friday Agreement. However the processing times for this are very unreliable and after 6 months my wifes application is still at the initial processing stage

My wifes current Futher leave to Remain (M) visa expires in September.

Do we apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain or British Citizenship?

Thanks

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

You must apply for ILR next but the good news is there is no NHS charge..The bad news is she needs English B1 standard and the LITUK test..
    If she does not have those two tests you could always apply for FLR(m) again plus the NHS surcharge..

Quote Originally Posted by Irishfella View Post
    I have taken my eye of the ball in relation to my wifes visa options when her further leave to remain visa expires in Septmeber this year.
    I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but that is why I, and many others on here, suggest that as soon as you get one visa you download the forms for the next visa or stage you need so that you can see exactly what is required.

You either have a very few hectic months in front of you getting the tests, English language & LITUK, done and passed before September or take the easier but more expensive option of a further FLR.

Download the forms for ILR now and see what you need to see if you have all the info required and see if your wife can start learning for the tests.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Member สมาชิก

Hello Folks, Thankfully my wife now has her B1 and Life in the UK test. Only problem we have now is that most of our utility bill and proof of address documetation is residing with my wifes Irish citizenship application. We have one council tax bill and a few NHS letters. Am i right in thinking that as we reside with my father in his home that he can write a letter confirming my wifes occupancy and that will be suffice?

Thanks
    Last edited by Irishfella; 19th May 2019 at 00:53.

Hello Folks, Thankfully my wife now has her B1 and Life in the UK test. Only problem we have now is that most of our utility bill and proof of address documetation is residing with my wifes Irish citizenship application. We have one council tax bill and a few NHS letters. Am i right in thinking that as we reside with my father in his home that he can write a letter confirming my wifes occupancy and that will be suffice?
    No.

The whole point of the letters addressed to each of you, both of you or a combination of both is that they prove your relationship and they need to be from throughout the duration of the visa. Can you get copies of the others or did you take copies of those that you sent for your wife's other application?

Copies are fine and you can scan them yourself with the new system of applying.

Member สมาชิก

I have scanned copies. Can I submit these digitally?

My wifes FLR visa expires in September this year. She first entered the UK in June 2014. Can my wife apply from the date she was 5 years in the UK or does she have to wait until 28 days before her visa expires?

Thanks

I have scanned copies. Can I submit these digitally?

My wifes FLR visa expires in September this year. She first entered the UK in June 2014. Can my wife apply from the date she was 5 years in the UK or does she have to wait until 28 days before her visa expires?
    Yes you can. The new system allows you to do all the scanning and upload it all yourself. You submit the application digitally and as you add more and more info the system generates a list of documents that are required to send for your application.

When the application is complete, you pay for the NHS surcharge, add the IHS number to the application, complete it and pay of it. Book an appointment with one of the centres dotted around the UK (only the core centres give free appointments) and then the system will give you an upload link where you can upload your scans. No NHS surcharge needed with ILR though. Just a very, very expensive visa.

Take your documents to the appointment. They will definitely need your wife's BRP and passport and the barcode that is emailed to you. Because I scanned and uploaded everything all the person did was double check that I had uploaded everything and checked that it all opened properly. If you scan a BRP, scan it from and back and put the scans, normal size, in the middle of an A4 scan. All documents need to be A4 if you take them to the centre to be scanned as they use scanners that do multiple copies, similar to a photocopier. A really good reason to do the scanning yourself. They sometimes skip sheets when they are stuck together.

For me, I have never seen a good reason to apply early for ILR or FLR unless it is to beat a price increase that normally comes in April. I've read about a few people who have had ILR refused because they applied too early. In one case by two days. In a recent refusal on here, UKVI made the mistake. I will be applying for my wife just as her FLR is expiring and I have done both times. Which visa did your wife have when she entered the UK?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I agree with Rasg and would apply for do it as late as possible so there is no issue that the home office feel you have applied too early.

My wife came here on July 28 2015 so would be eligible on this date in 2020.
    Her FLR expires Dec 2020 so I will prob apply around then to save money.

I read as she is married to a British citizen she can apply for citizenship straight away after ILR.
    My stepdaughter turns 18 in Dec 2021 so just hope she gets citizenship before she turns 18 (or does B1 and LITUK apply after 18).

Member สมาชิก

Hello men, I thought my wife was entitled to apply for indefinite leave to remain after having completed 5 continuous years residency. Certainly that was the advice on the forum 5 years ago which is why she arrived in the UK on the first day her visa was valid. The reason why we want to apply in June is that we want to go on Holiday in October and it would be leaving things to the last minute if we waited until 28 days before her visa expires. What is the average processing time for ILR visa?

Thanks

Hello men, I thought my wife was entitled to apply for indefinite leave to remain after having completed 5 continuous years residency. Certainly that was the advice on the forum 5 years ago which is why she arrived in the UK on the first day her visa was valid. The reason why we want to apply in June is that we want to go on Holiday in October and it would be leaving things to the last minute if we waited until 28 days before her visa expires. What is the average processing time for ILR visa?
    That is true but if you mess it up the visa will be refused. Other will no doubt chime in but make sure you take into account all the factors. My wife was here for six months on a fiancée visa. That time is not counted for ILR, for example. My wife's first FLR took seven weeks to arrive. That time is not counted and the same applies for her latest FLR which is being processed at the moment. I found that out last week. Just be careful.

I believe that ILR can take up to six months.

Old Hand มือเก่า

put the holiday on the backburner 100 per cent on ILR gain that then holidays are no longer a problem that is what i would do .

Member สมาชิก

Hello folks, Just to confirm that the 5 year countdown starts the day the spouse first enters the UK on an FLR visa. ILR obtained and holiday booked for October. Thanks for all your help.

That's very good news.