Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Official proof of funds.

Am i correct in thinking for marriage visa we need 400 k in bank and monthly income . Can anybody let me know where to find the official figures ,i couldnt find them on Thai embassy site, asked them while there last week and they couldnt answer.

Quote Originally Posted by robert d View Post
    Am i correct in thinking for marriage visa we need 400 k in bank and monthly income . Can anybody let me know where to find the official figures ,i couldnt find them on Thai embassy site, asked them while there last week and they couldnt answer.
    You're best of looking on Thai Immigration Lawyers websites, if in BKK best to go to Chaengwattana Immigration they give out "current" lists, to which their list can change for what they want to see.
    http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/...page=procedure
    https://www.immigration.go.th/index
    As far as I know its 400,000 THB in a Thai Bank in you're own name (not a joint account) or a monthly income.In the past it could be a combination, the money in the Bank should be in 2 months before or 3 months before depending where the information was given, I would go for 3 months to be on the safe side as things stand. Im off to the Immigration next month, so I will check that out. I read on the UK.GOV they advised at that time to have the money in a Thai Bank.
    Please note each Immigration office will vary what they need to see IE my address is BKK, so I have to go by what they want in BMA, that could differ from Chiang Mai or Phuket for example.
    However the monies needed will be the same.
    bangkok mags

Default Thanks

Sisaket , thanks for that , i have been stressing out as there is so much conflicting info out there, im hoping to move out later this year ,i can put the 400 k in bank but im just working out how much of my pension i need to draw monthly . ill go for non o mariage , single entry then change to marriage after the 90 days.

Just a follow up , i was told at BKK bank that i had to prove i'd been in country for 6 months before i could open an account, if after 90 days on SE then want marriage visa after that how do i go about that

Go to a different bank. I have had an account with Krung Thai bank for many years. I decided to open another account with a different bank in order to keep the money for my extension in. I have a retirement extension. I asked at Ayutthaya bank and they wanted me to have a work permit.Even though cannot work ( in Thailand) on a retirement extension. I then went to SCB and they wanted a copy of our wedding certificate. Got this and then opened an account with them. Also went to Bangkok Bank. Just had to fill in a form saying account was for retirement and that I wasn't American, so opened one with them also.
    You need either 400 000 in the bank or 40 000 baht a month. Has to be in the account, in your name only, for 2 or 3 months 9 ( not sure about marriage extension, it is 3 months for retirement 800 000 baht) before applying for the extension.
    If you enter on a single entry non O, you can extend it for 60 days if it takes time to sort out a bank account, costs 1900 baht.Apply within the last 30 days of your allowed stay.
    Check with the immigration office where you will be living, as different areas require slightly different things. You will need letter from bank stating the account is yours, and a bank statement for the last 3 months. Also a map showing where you live, photos of you and your wife around the house,outside the house. Probably a visit from immigration to check you are living together, interview with neighbour, and takes about a month to be granted. This will be required for every further extension applied for.
    I chose to get a retirement visa, even though I still work, outside Thailand. Requires 800 000 baht in the bank or 65000 baht a month paid in to the bank account, but took just a couple of hours to be granted and a renewal just one hour.No photos, map, visit from immigration etc.
    You will probaly need to show a TM 30 form.

Many thanks ,totally put me at ease , massive decision to make ,im only 56 ,could not finish work and stay in uk.

Member สมาชิก

Go into any bank and slap 400k on the counter, very unlikely they will say no. This is what I did when they said I needed a WP and got into the i'm retired I don't need one circular discussion. In my case it was 800k, they could not say yes quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Tia View Post
    Go to a different bank. I have had an account with Krung Thai bank for many years. I decided to open another account with a different bank in order to keep the money for my extension in. I have a retirement extension. I asked at Ayutthaya bank and they wanted me to have a work permit.Even though cannot work ( in Thailand) on a retirement extension. I then went to SCB and they wanted a copy of our wedding certificate. Got this and then opened an account with them. Also went to Bangkok Bank. Just had to fill in a form saying account was for retirement and that I wasn't American, so opened one with them also.
    You need either 400 000 in the bank or 40 000 baht a month. Has to be in the account, in your name only, for 2 or 3 months 9 ( not sure about marriage extension, it is 3 months for retirement 800 000 baht) before applying for the extension.
    If you enter on a single entry non O, you can extend it for 60 days if it takes time to sort out a bank account, costs 1900 baht.Apply within the last 30 days of your allowed stay.
    Check with the immigration office where you will be living, as different areas require slightly different things. You will need letter from bank stating the account is yours, and a bank statement for the last 3 months. Also a map showing where you live, photos of you and your wife around the house,outside the house. Probably a visit from immigration to check you are living together, interview with neighbour, and takes about a month to be granted. This will be required for every further extension applied for.
    I chose to get a retirement visa, even though I still work, outside Thailand. Requires 800 000 baht in the bank or 65000 baht a month paid in to the bank account, but took just a couple of hours to be granted and a renewal just one hour.No photos, map, visit from immigration etc.
    You will probaly need to show a TM 30 form.
    Immigration wanted a photo of me and Mrs outside the Condo and clearly showing the Condo door numbers and also wanted me on my own on the other side of the door, that was for last year, they cannot get into our building without a KeyCard. Opening a Bank account if in BKK my advise is do it A) Downtown, places like CentralWorld / MBK etc where the staff are more clued up and deal with foreigners daily, even in my area of BKK their not up to date with requirements. B) Downstairs in the Chaengwattana Immigration Complex, due to where they are situated they are up to date with requirements needed to open accounts.
    bangkok mags

Have I missed the point in robert d 's post . He asked about money in the bank for a marriage visa not an immigrants one, set me straight someone.
    Melnathan

Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    Have I missed the point in robert d 's post . He asked about money in the bank for a marriage visa not an immigrants one, set me straight someone.
    Melnathan
    The Non - Immigrant O Visa based on marriage to a Thai National, currently there is no actual Marriage Visa but is often referred to as " Marriage Visa".
    bangkok mags