Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Who is right ?

Member สมาชิก

Default Who is right ?

Hi all.

My Thai Girlfriend is coming to uk in August for holiday. We are soon going to apply for 6 month visa with a personal Thai Visa Company (£100).

She tells me, as I am her "sponsor" ( I am paying for everything ) that Visa Company want ALL my job details ( P60), Bank statements for 6 months, endorsement letter and every personal information !!!?

I have looked on Uk Visa website and as far as I can tell the only thing that is asked is........

• the name and address of anyone paying for your trip.

I think Thai Company is wrong. I do not like to give personal information if it is not needed.

who is right ?

Thanks

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

There is enough information on this webb site you can do it yourself without paying a £100. Just ask your questions and you will get the answer from some very knowledgable people on here
    Melnathan

Quote Originally Posted by daabren View Post
    My Thai Girlfriend is coming to uk in August for holiday. We are soon going to apply for 6 month visa with a personal Thai Visa Company (£100).

She tells me, as I am her "sponsor" ( I am paying for everything ) that Visa Company want ALL my job details ( P60), Bank statements for 6 months, endorsement letter and every personal information !!!?

I have looked on Uk Visa website and as far as I can tell the only thing that is asked is........

• the name and address of anyone paying for your trip.

I think Thai Company is wrong. I do not like to give personal information if it is not needed.

who is right ?
    If you are her sponsor you will need to supply proof that you can fund the trip, show proof of your relationship, a reason or reasons for your girlfriend to return to Thailand and have a place for her to stay.

That will involve you supplying a bank statement showing you have sufficient funds and quite a bit of personal information. Whether you like it or not.

Not as much as the visa company is telling you however. For a visit visa you will not need a P60, or six months of bank statements but you will need to supply quite a lot of information about yourself and your girlfriend.

One of the best reasons to return is a job to and owning a land and a house are useful additions. Having kids doesn’t mean much as so many work away from home. If you get a letter from her boss explaining she has a job to return it will be a huge help and he/she may have to confirm it if UKVI call him. If the letter is in Thai they will speak to him in Thai. If it's in English, they will speak in English. If you don't want to open a can of worms, don't supply bank statements for your girlfriend and if you are sending her money don't mention it. If UKVI think you are her source of income it will be detrimental to the application.

Don't request a six month holiday for her for a first visit visa. UKVI know that Thais don't get long holidays and the application is unlikely to succeed. Request no more than a month. If the visa is successful, she can stay longer but you will need to explain why things changed in any following visit visa application. If the next visa is a marriage visa it doesn't really matter.

Proof of your relationship will be printing chat logs, emails etc and also hotel and flight bookings you have taken together.

You can reserve all of your bank statements and everything else if you decide to get married and that will mean you will have to divulge a lot of personal info.

My recommendation is that you do the visa yourself. Any visa company that charges £100 is not going to be very good and unless they are OISC accredited I wouldn't go near them.

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

My wife has had six visit visas. Every application we have submitted has included six months of my bank statements, six months pay slips, confirmation letter from my employer of my salary and length of employment. My council tax bill, my tenancy agreement, photos of my flat showing there is adequate accommodation for her visit, and a letter from my landlord confirming that she is allowed to stay there.
    As for reason to return, for the first visa application I really laid it on thick for them, covered all the reasons I could think of in my covering letter (family, strong community ties, no wish to jeopardise future visa applications, awareness of the visa rules etc.) I had a friend of ours who was at our wedding write a character reference and provided reams of paper demonstrating our relationship history. My wife doesn't have a 'job' in the accepted sense, as in a company with a HR department that can grant her leave for x amount of weeks.

The person making the decision on your application only has the evidence you supply to them so they will need your personal information in order to make the decision. If you don't supply it, they will not have evidence of sufficient finances, appropriate accommodation, or reason to return.

If you just provide your address and give no actual evidence of the things that are required, the application will be refused.

I agree that you don't need the agency. You can do everything yourself, but you will need to provide the evidence so that the Entry Clearance Officer can make a decision.

If you want to blank out details like account numbers and so on then you can, but I've supplied all the evidence listed above many times and, so far, no-one has hacked my bank account and Mi5 haven't kicked my door down. Neither have I been the victim of Russian fake news bots or clandestine assassination attempts with nerve agents.

I would suggest that your concerns about submitting personal information to a UK government department are perhaps just a little misplaced on this occasion
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Member สมาชิก

Both are excellent replies and you both make good points that I had not considered.

Thank you both

dave

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

Totally agree with bifftastic and we have never failed when I have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    ... if you are sending her money don't mention it. If UKVI think you are her source of income it will be detrimental to the application.
    I have to disagree with this part of what rasg said. I am the only wage earner in my family and therefore my wife's main source of income. That's why I showed my bank statements rather than hers in all her visit visa applications. That fact wasn't detrimental to any of the applications at all.
    "And yet, here you are."

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    I have to disagree with this part of what rasg said. I am the only wage earner in my family and therefore my wife's main source of income. That's why I showed my bank statements rather than hers in all her visit visa applications. That fact wasn't detrimental to any of the applications at all.
    There is one big difference. You are married. You would be expected to keep your wife in the style she has become accustomed to. The OP is not married and that is the big difference.

I will reiterate what I said. If UKVI think you are her source of income it will be detrimental to the application. If she is in the UK and her main source of income is in the UK, why would she go home?

Quote Originally Posted by daabren View Post

Is the company in Thailand?
    Visa companies in Thailand usually charge 5,000 THB for a visit visa application and if it's successful they will probably charge you an extra 20,000 THB.

Best to take advise from others and don't use one because the agent will fill in the online form for your girlfriend and they never give you a copy of it, so you won't know exactly what he/she put in the form. It's their way of making you go back for future applications. If you did thew next online application yourself and it didn't match the first one it will bring attention to the ECO.

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    There is one big difference. You are married. You would be expected to keep your wife in the style she has become accustomed to. The OP is not married and that is the big difference.

I will reiterate what I said. If UKVI think you are her source of income it will be detrimental to the application. If she is in the UK and her main source of income is in the UK, why would she go home?
    You can reiterate it all you like mate. It's not 1919 it's 2019 no-one 'expects to be kept in the style they've become accustomed to'
    With regard to finances, they just want to know that there are some and that they're enough to support the person during their visit. This applies to brothers, sisters, friends, girlfriends, wives, or anyone who is visiting the UK. If the applicant themselves doesn't have sufficient funds for the visit, then the people they're visiting can show their finances and state they're supporting them. The entry clearance officer doesn't care where the money comes from as long as it's available to the applicant.
    The reason to return is a separate issue entirely.
    Relationship history, family ties in Thailand, property ownership, family business (like farming etc.) all these things go towards demonstrating a reason to return.
    "And yet, here you are."

Old Hand มือเก่า

Relationship history, family ties in Thailand, property ownership, family business (like farming etc.) all these things go towards demonstrating a reason to return.
    Dont go into so much £80 a pop is not that expensive why complicate issues she knows the law ,blah blah blah it is that simple ,,,Dose not matter if they have had it a thousand times and they probably have not ,
    seen as its all been shipped off to India now.

You can reiterate it all you like mate. It's not 1919 it's 2019 no-one 'expects to be kept in the style they've become accustomed to'
    That was a figure of speech and me being flippant.

With regard to finances, they just want to know that there are some and that they're enough to support the person during their visit. This applies to brothers, sisters, friends, girlfriends, wives, or anyone who is visiting the UK. If the applicant themselves doesn't have sufficient funds for the visit, then the people they're visiting can show their finances and state they're supporting them. The entry clearance officer doesn't care where the money comes from as long as it's available to the applicant.
    The reason to return is a separate issue entirely.
    You are in a different set of circumstances as you are married.

What you don't seem to understand is that the reason to return has a lot to do with money. Or the lack of it. If a guy has known a Thai girlfriend for a few months and is sending money to her and he is her only source of income, she is unlikely to get a visit visa. The ECO simply thinks her source of income is in the UK. Why would she return to Thailand? I've seen the refusal notices here and elsewhere many times.The same applies when the money being sent to Thailand is more than she earns in Thailand.

It matters a lot where the money comes from. Can you tell me why padding a Thai girlfriend's bank account, where she can’t explain where the money has come from, almost always ends in with a refusal?