Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Current ILR processing time

Hi all my wife and childs ILR applications are now possible to make ie she is just inside 28 days before the 5 year qualifying period , But as we were considering a Holliday abroad in the summer (pretty sure we will need Schengen Visa required ? Trip to London aggravation ,cost etc ). But if I put the ILR application in now how likely is it we will get our passports back in 3 months . Or should we forget about applying until after the summer Holliday her current FLR visa expires in October .

Im pretty sure everyone on here knows how keen my wife is to get this over and done with asap .Also how does waiting longer to apply for ILR affect the next stage of British residency.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matsky View Post
    Also how does waiting longer to apply for ILR affect the next stage of British residency.
    She already has British residency with her FLR and subsequently her ILR.
    Do you mean British Citizenship?

Just looking at the Gov.UK website it seems (maybe just me) a bit confusing.
    You can apply if the spouse of a British Citizen after 3 years!!!! (I thought it used to be 5) but then it says you must also have ILR!!!!

If you have ILR this says that you must wait 12 months after obtaining it!!!! (This did not use to be the case, as long as you had been here 5 years then you could apply, Nok applied straight after getting her ILR).

There are also some qualifying times that you need to adhere to:
    You should also not have:
    spent more than 450 days outside the UK during those 5 years
    spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
    broken any UK immigration laws (for example living illegally in the UK)

Have a look here and see what you think, others might comment as well.
    Last edited by Gary & Nok; 25th Apr 2019 at 11:46.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post

If you have ILR this says that you must wait 12 months after obtaining it!!!! (This did not use to be the case, as long as you had been here 5 years then you could apply, Nok applied straight after getting her ILR).
    Gary, i think it's different when your spouse is a British citizen, and you can apply immediately after receiving ILR

have a look at this apply for citizenship quiz:
    https://www.immigrationdirect.co.uk/...h-citizen.html

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Garry Sorry Yes I did mean Britis Citizenship .I am more worried about the other part of my post though .

I am more confused than ever . Our travel plans are in chaos . I have hastily booked some flights for the end of July and now have no idea of the way forward , We will need schengen Visas for my wife and child , I have found out that now with the latest method to apply you can retain your passports and residency card and alll other supporting documents . But I’m not sure if The Greek Embasy in London will issue her with a Schengen Visa when she will only have 37 days left on her FLR/ British residency Permit . Current ILR application times are a bit of a lottery from what I understandd unless you can stump up the express fee of 800 quid each ! So I’m unsure wether to apply now , when we return , not to fly and loose the flights .

I have read elswhere that maybe she can’t travel while an application is being processed anyway ?

Has as anyone got any experienceof anything similar.

Hi Gary. It explains it better here...

Eligibility and fees

You’ll usually be able to apply for citizenship if you’re over 18 and have had one of the following for 12 months:

• indefinite leave to remain in the UK
    • ‘settled status’ (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain under the EU Settlement Scheme’)
    • indefinite leave to enter the UK (permission to move to the UK permanently from abroad)

You will not need to wait 12 months to apply if you’re married to a British citizen.

You may have lost your indefinite leave to remain or enter if you’ve been away from the UK for more than 2 years at any time since you got it, or 5 years if you have settled status (subject to approval by Parliament).

You must also:

Member สมาชิก

Thanks everyone, So it’s 12 months after ILR has been granted before you can apply for British Citizenship in our case . not when it was applied or from when you were eligible for it . As I said it’s not my main concern this year . One hurdle at a time , but if they do take longer than 3 months to decide her ILR, we will be in the same boat next year re schengen visas etc for the kids summer holidays , But with Brexit so far from being sorted who knows what anyone will need to do in the future to travel to Europe .

We we are going to apply for ILR over the next week and see how quick it can be done . My back up plan is that she can always apply for a Schengen Visa in her own right as a Thai national ,and nothing to do with her status in the UK , maybe that’s possible from the UK ?

My my original Post does ask about current processing times . I guess know one on here has any current knowledge.

but again Thanks for your input.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Sorry RASG , I just re read your post re married to a Uk citizen , so your saying she can apply straight after she hopefully gets ILR ?

Sorry RASG , I just re read your post re married to a Uk citizen , so your saying she can apply straight after she hopefully gets ILR ?
    My quote was from the government website so it should be correct.

You will not need to wait 12 months to apply if you’re married to a British citizen.

The last few ILRs I have read about have taken around six months unless you spend the extra for a speedy service. £800 I think.

Member สมาชิก

6 months it’s a fffffff disgrace , the cost is extortionate . They are making a massive profit , most businesses when they are making large profits want to get on with the job .

Thanks again for your reply. I will finish the post off and let the forum know how long it does take , in 6 months then ....

6 months it’s a fffffff disgrace , the cost is extortionate.
    It is a disgrace, sadly that is the state of our immigration system at the moment.

Postal applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain can take up to six months to be processed and completed, during which time you will need to surrender your passport. Appointments are available for a same-day decision, the waiting time for this is between four to six weeks.
    Same day but 4-6 weeks!!!!
    I'm ONE of the 52%