Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insect bites

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N Barton View Post
    I would deffo try a tube of hydrocortisone for the ones that get through your defence
    We all need something better than Zabaletta
    I tried the high concentrated DEET once, 99% I think it was. It took the varnish off the bar I was leaning on!
    I use the Soffel clear sprays from 7-11 or a local shop they work well enough if you get them on as the sun's going down. Any bits you miss will get bitten though.
    (COYI)
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Quote Originally Posted by N Barton View Post
    I normally burn one of these in the bedroom overnight as well, much to the wife's annoyance as she claims that they stop her from breathing - I can always hope haha
    Haha!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    We all need something better than Zabaletta
    I tried the high concentrated DEET once, 99% I think it was. It took the varnish off the bar I was leaning on!
    I use the Soffel clear sprays from 7-11 or a local shop they work well enough if you get them on as the sun's going down. Any bits you miss will get bitten though.
    (COYI)
    Time for Balbuena and Diop then! ⚒

Old Hand มือเก่า

'Quite coincidentally a work colleague of mine, who also happens to be an "ammer" , has been asking me this afternoon about mozzie protection for his trip to China.
    I recommended DEET 100, which I have used in the past. When I googled it for him I found out that it has been taken off the market and only the DEET 50 version is now available.'

Living here, I can honestly say I've never experienced these kind of mozzies before. They're far worse than Thailand. Maybe because there are so many rivers in China or simply a completely different bug. You can barely see or hear them yet they are destroying my son on a daily basis despite having the windows and doors shut. I have the useless blue light thing that looks pretty but doesn't attract mozzies. I use the plug in thing, which does work at night. I would recommend taking one of them to Thailand, or buying one there if they sell them.

The actual sprays 'seem' to have a way of losing their potency after awhile and the bugs just bypass them. I regularly change brands and this works for a few days but that's it.

The other thing I find effective is oil. I spray tea tree oil on my son's clothes and this does work. Oil based repellent lasts longer and 'seems' to work.

Other than that, good bloody luck. Some people seem to be roast dinner to the mites whilst others are fish guts. We live in an apartment on the 12th floor yet they still visit. I don't get why they feel the need to travel up 12 floors to get less f what they have on the ground floor, namely damp, dark cool rivers, car parks and ponds.