Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar

Default Trevor Whitehead Books

https://www.amazon.co.uk/l/B01N5NNZ3...uKKXwwaYoe_frM

Ex Forum member Trevor Whitehead has just had his latest book "3 Nights in Thailand" published.
    Based on a true story I am sure it will be every bit as good as his other offerings. Trev himself actually thinks it is his best. Highly recommended
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow UNITED !!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Sammy Shrimper's Avatar

Thanks for the tip off. I did read one of his other books, Pattaya Dangerous which I managed to get from a second hand bookshop in Pattaya.
    Get busy living or get busy dying

Well N Barton, on your recommendation I did get this book. I had to bite the bullet and buy a new copy on-line.
    I must admit I did wonder why the author had put a warning about the content at the beginning. It wasn't until a good three quarters of the way through that I understood why. Obviously I don't want to put a spoiler on this post, so won't reveal what happens. I can say that at certain points I was frightened to turn the page. Very good book, based on a true story? If it is true, then I'm surprised I've not read about it in the papers. Certainly gives an insight to what can go wrong in Thailand. The author has put his email address at the back of the book for feedback. I've written to him this morning, giving him my thoughts on the book, asking how much of the story was actually true, and as N Barton mentions he is a former member of this forum, I've asked him what his forum name was on here, and why he no longer contributes?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

As an exercise I found who he was here in less than a minute. Go on, have a try!

As for why he longer contributes, I guess if you can get paid for your writing, it's better to do that than spend time writing here. Why give away experiences and stories for free if you can make it into a book? We should all be doing it!

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Didn't have to look, remember him, think he was banned on more than one occasion - was pretty much your stereotypical open mouthed 50 something expat in Disneyland.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

I can't remember anything bad about him. But if you said his handle three times in the mirror, he'd appear and kill you.

Really ??? I think my clue would have been, he was useful !

Well in case anybody is interested he did reply to my email. Comes across as a nice guy. Mentioned that his book Pattaya Dangerous was his best seller so far, but his new book was selling well. He only had good things to say about this forum, and he sends his regards to all the members who remember him. I don't need to look for his name, he told me, Handyman. He asked me if I would post his authors page on here, so this is him.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trevor-Whitehead/e/B01N5NNZ3E

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    Really ??? I think my clue would have been, he was useful !
    I mean I found out which user he was but I can't remember anything unusual about him. From a quick search of his posts he seems like a normal guy to me!

My clue fell flat? No one remembers the classic early nineties urban horror with a soundtrack by Philip Glass? That's all I ever thought of when I read anything by him. Kept repeating it in my head

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    My clue fell flat? No one remembers the classic early nineties urban horror with a soundtrack by Philip Glass? That's all I ever thought of when I read anything by him. Kept repeating it in my head
    Your on your own there