Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Taking cordless tools to Thailand

Hi all, I'm going to take my drills to Thailand with me and I was going to pack them in the cases to go in the hold, I have a few drills some 18v and one 12v they are lithium ion battery's, the questions are
    1/ is it safe to transport them in a case in the hold of a plane
    2/ do the batteries charge ok when plugged in to a Thai socket using an adapter (uk to USA)
    many thanks for all and any help or advise
    essex boys

I wouldn't sleep for the whole flight.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Most items nowadays plug into any AC power supply and it will tell you on the battery or charger the voltage that the unit can take. Usually 120-250 volts of I remember. Thailand is pretty much the same as the UK so you are unlikely to have a problem. Not sure what you mean about UK to USA adapter. Surely you mean a UK to Thailand adapter?

One thing the carriers don't like are lithium batteries. I would check.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

i assume he means US adaptor because that is what the Thai sockets are just running on 220/240v. when I go over I get US adaptors from home bargains.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I did it the other way and purchased my cordless in Thailand and have been using them in the UK for a few years without any problems. Just packed them and never thought about it. Perhaps if the batteries were flat?
    Melnathan

Cut and pasted

• Dry cell rechargeable batteries such as Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) and Nickel Cadmium (NiCad). These kinds of batteries are similar to those used in flashlights or common electronic devices that are allowed on board the aircraft. These kinds of batteries should either be installed in the device, or safety packed such as in its original packaging from the store. If they are loose batteries, you could safety travel with them by putting them inside of individual sealable plastic bags, or by using tape or some other kind of covering on the battery terminal to protect the terminals from a short circuit.
    • Lithium ion batteries (including rechargeable lithium, lithium polymer, LIPO, secondary lithium) are allowed, but with some limits. Passengers may carry consumer-sized lithium ion batteries with no more than 8 grams of equivalent lithium content or 100 watt-hours (Wh) of power per battery]. This size covers AA, AAA, 9-volt, cell phone, PDA, camera, handheld game, standard laptop computer batteries, camcorder batteries, and many drone batteries. Passengers can also bring up to two larger lithium ion batteries that each contain between 8 and 25 grams of equivalent lithium content per battery in their carry-on luggage. This size covers larger extended-life laptop batteries.
    Judging others before you have met isn't a wise option.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Hi gents, thank you all for the replys, yes I did mean uk to Thai but I think that uk to USA are exactly the same ( 2 flat pins).....I think I will check with the airline if they can be carried, and how they should be packed.
    many thanks for the replys gents
    essex boys