Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default WARNING - supporting document rules have definitely changed

Supporting documents for UK settlement visa will no longer be accepted at Sheffield and will be returned if you send them there.

Documents now have to be submitted at UK centres, scanned and returned to you.... oh and you will need to pay another £75

I saw a post yesterday (I think it was from you) saying you had couriered or posted to Sheffield and I didn't think that sounded right.

My wife has been to UKVCAS today and there was no charge for scanning.

I think for FLR there is no charge but definitely £75 for first settlement visa.

Now I have to hope I receive our documents back in time to get to Cardiff and scan them. Sheffield have been informed of the mix up through the helpline.

The new rules came into effect on 29th March whilst I was in Thailand getting married. I checked with VFS in Bangkok if I was still to send docs to Sheffield and they said yes, obviously they have not been informed of the change. Poor show

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    I think for FLR there is no charge but definitely £75 for first settlement visa.
    I think you are wrong. It might be in Thailand but not in the UK.

Elad was at a UKVCAS centre for ILR last week and he pointed out that there was no charge. No charge for us today either.

I don't trust scanners that scan dozens of sheets at a time which is why I did it myself and just uploaded myself. It took a few hours but I was able to check everything, over and over again and I did it at my leisure.

We went to Reading but I was generally chatting to the staff and they actually work for the library not UKVCAS.

As I said elsewhere the system has been available in the UK since November 2018. I'm not surprised that Thailand is a bit behind but a quick Google and I found the info. FLR also went digital at the same time and the only exceptions that need a paper form are applicants who are exempt from the fees and there is a slightly different form to use if I remember correctly.

That is for FLR, ILR and for applications from within the UK. If applying from abroad the rules changed on 27th March. You can not make an appointment and you have to pay £75 when the scanning is done.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/ne...ettlement-visa

2. You can self-upload supporting documents without additional charge. If you wish to self-upload your supporting documents, you should refer to the document checklist you have received as part of your online application. If you do not want to submit any documents as part of your visa application, please upload your checklist or a blank document. If nothing is uploaded, you will automatically be charged the assisted scan fee.

There you go. Do it yourself. Free.

wrong, again that is for applications from within the uk
    "If you applied on Access UK "

If you applied on Visa4uK

1. You can opt for Document Scanning Assistance Service at the Visa Application Centre without an additional charge

2. Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK in person for a fee of £75 per application payable in cash or with a debit card. All supporting documents can be submitted in person by your sponsor or an agent at any of the following locations in the UK. This is a walk-in service and documents cannot be received by courier.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

So to be clear:

If you submit your documents in Thailand for settlement you now have 2 options

1. scan your documents at VFS in bangkok for free

2. Go to one of the drop in centres in the UK and scan them for a fee of £75

Sending documents to Sheffield has ended and your documents will be returned.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Nightmare all this digital applications not a fan .
    GDPR act has probably a lot to do with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    GDPR act has probably a lot to do with it .
    Maybe, but from an outside point of view, surely having everything digital makes a lot more sense.
    No paperwork to fall out of the folder or go missing.
    Easier storage of information.
    Instant recall of information instead of looking through filing systems.

Sounds a lot better and more professional to me, but then I am not having to get any of the scanning done
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Maybe, but from an outside point of view, surely having everything digital makes a lot more sense.
    No paperwork to fall out of the folder or go missing.
    Easier storage of information.
    Instant recall of information instead of looking through filing systems.

Sounds a lot better and more professional to me, but then I am not having to get any of the scanning done
    I wouldn’t trust them to do my scanning. As I mentioned with our experience with UKVCAS yesterday, they use stack scanners that can drag two or even three pages through and if you are not watching it, a vital document has been missed. The digital version of documents falling on the floor. Even many cheap all in one printers can scan. It's a few hours work but a lot of mine was done from my wife's very first visit visa where I sent copies of passports, name change papers etc.

I read an article earlier that says it's possible to upload yourself if you originally went to VFS and it costs nothing. Darren says no you can’t. I say yes you can. I don't really care as my wife's settlement visa was done and dusted a long time ago.

Member สมาชิก

Does this include FLR as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmaussy246 View Post
    Does this include FLR as well
    Yes it does. The application is online and as you input the information it creates a checklist of documents that you have to supply. There are no indications that there are guidelines to go with the checklist on the application but there are. You need to download the FM-SE guidelines PDF in conjunction with the main application.

When you submit and supply biometrics you can entrust the scanning to UKVCAS or you can scan them and upload them yourself before you go.

There are UKVCAS centres all over the country.

If you don't use a Core UKVCAS centre which has free appointments, if you're lucky, the others will charge you between £60 and £120 just for the appointment according to the time and day. Lots of extras you can pay for too.

Rasg, the thread is with regards sending documents to Sheffield which would mean you did not scan your documents in Bangkok. In which case you can not submit your documents for free.

The system for FLR and ILR are NOT the same as submitting your first settlement visa from abroad, be wary of wrong advice here from someone who has used the new FLR system but not the new first settlement application from outside the UK.

you can NOT book an appointment and you can NOT submit supporting documents for free in the uk.

You can scan documents at VFS which they say is free but there is a small charge OR you can turn up at one of the listed UK drop in centres and scan your documents for a charge of £75

It has been pointed out to you elsewhere that you are simply wrong.

I'm done with this conversation with you. If you had done your research properly you wouldn’t have submitted your wife's visa incorrectly. I hope your documents don't get lost.

I have no idea why you make the same posts on two different forums. None whatsoever.

Rasg you clearly have no idea about anything, leave this thread please and in future read the titles. Idiot!

FLR rules/process is similar but different. This is for applications from abroad who upto the 27th had an option of sending documents to Sheffield

This is the advice you have been given and this is what happened.

The application system was changed on Friday 29th March. Unfortunately VFS didn't tell anyone. Up until that date documents could be sent to Sheffield. From that date the PO Box in Sheffield was closed, and no documents en route to Sheffield were accepted by UKVI. I am aware of four applications that were not accepted at UKVI Sheffield, and were either sent back to the applicant or on to the sponsor in the UK. I believe that VFS then hoped that the sponsor would use the newly introduced pay service in UK to scan the documents at a cost of 75 GBP.

The alternative to being forced to use the VFS 75 GBP service was, and now is, to either upload the documents yourself (either the applicant or sponsor, or whoever), and then make an appointment to give biometrics. Or, make the appointment to give biometrics and, at the same time, purchase the VFS document scanning service, and VFS will scan your documents when you attend to give biometrics. By pure coincidence, VFS raised the cost of the scanning service from 150 THB to 460 THB on that same day. From experience the self-uploading system that VFS has in place at the moment is rubbish, very slow, and possibly deliberately so in order to get applicants to pay up for the VFS scanning service.

VFS are aware that they messed this whole new process up, and if you approach them direct, they may well try to assist in getting your application submitted as quickly, and as efficiently as they can.

No need to call anyone names Darren..We are all on this forum to help one another..

The guy has problems seeing past his ego, I suggest if he is in anyway offended he should refrain from commenting on my threads...
    Last edited by Darren; 3rd May 2019 at 23:31.

Rather than fight maybe one of you can write a simple guide to the new process and what it means for applicant then this thread can be consigned to the dustbin arguments and all.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi Rasg

Are you able to tell me where you got this information from please? I’m currently going through the process and sadly for me the rules changed the day I submitted and sent my documents to Sheffield. I could possibly be one of the 4 applications not accepted at the Sheffield office. I’m trying to gather as much information so that I can make a complaint regarding the process.

thank you