Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member สมาชิก

what a joke.....how are they going to cope after brexit and all those EU residents start applying

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    I dearly hope that when I apply for ILR in April 2020 for my wife someone can tell me in simple terms how to do it..(although the link to White Rose visas gave a reasonable guide on how to do it..)
    My eyes are on you next April let me know as well ,i give up when it asked questions about contact with family ie via email facebook .some stupid questions

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    what a joke.....how are they going to cope after brexit and all those EU residents start applying
    What brexit ?

Member สมาชิก

exactly... hopeless rabble

Member สมาชิก

A bit of good news for me today,

Dear Mrs P********

Regarding Visa Application: G**********
    For S***** P******

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm we have received your supporting documentation and your application is currently being worked on. Unfortunately we are unable to return documents until a decision has been concluded.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeof...ov.uk/s/2DT8W/

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

Member สมาชิก

Good luck Darren, If you could post back and let us know how long it was from the application to receiving the decision for the priority service, thanks

Member สมาชิก

will do Nik... 15 working days so far.

Member สมาชิก

Nice one Darren, re. the documents you submitted from within the UK; Did you do this prior to the biometrics appt in BKK or could you only do this after?

Member สมาชิก

Hi Nick,

Biometrics on 24th April
    Documents sent to Sheffield 28th April
    Documents signed for 29th April

It's important to point out a few facts. 1. We were offered free scanning at the biometrics appointment in Bkk but I was still waiting for my last bank statement to meet the 6 month bank statement rule. So it wasn't an option for me. 2. I was allowed into the back room where applications are checked and biometrics taken, which is usually off limits for partners/spouses. The only reason I was allowed in was to pay for priority in cash (£670). At the counter the girl once again asked if we were scanning documents and after I had explained why not she asked if I knew where to send the documents. I thought it was wise to double check so I asked her if it was the Sheffield address and she confirmed I needed to send my documents to Sheffield within 2 weeks.

Now we all know that this information is no longer correct, fortunately for me there appears to be some leeway and I imagine that is because there have been a lot of people who made the same mistake.

So, as far as I can tell spouse visas either need to be scanned at biometrics for free (actually a small fee) , scanned in the UK for £75+ OR uploaded when applying via accessuk

Member สมาชิก

Bizarre! Why are they keeping your documents?! Mine were sent back to me after a couple of weeks of sending.. . My wife recently received an email to say the application was currently being prepared for consideration by a clearance officer after waiting almost 2 months without so much as an email or sms.

Member สมาชิก

good question...to meet the priority deadline they have 14 days to give a decision

Quote Originally Posted by Nogoodmrfish View Post
    Bizarre! Why are they keeping your documents?! Mine were sent back to me after a couple of weeks of sending.. . My wife recently received an email to say the application was currently being prepared for consideration by a clearance officer after waiting almost 2 months without so much as an email or sms.
    Because that is how it was before before the system went digital. My wife's visa came back along with all of our documents at the same time. As Darren's docs were sent to Sheffield after the system changed it seems they are handling his wife's visa along with many others in the old fashioned way.

Member สมาชิก

the process and timeline for returning documents and emails seems to vary from one application to the next, it really is a mess. Hope you get a decision soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    the process and timeline for returning documents and emails seems to vary from one application to the next, it really is a mess. Hope you get a decision soon!
    Of course it does.

Some applications are a lot simple than others. As I am self employed, I would expect any of my wife's applications to take longer. Not so much with her first FLR and Settlement visa as I was the sole proprietor but especially now as my wife is now a partner in the business. Good from a tax point of view. Not so much from the accounts point of view. Three sets of tax returns...

Member สมาชิก

Yes but anyone with experience with system design knows how to deal with this, there are only a limited amount of variables. What we find with visas is an almost random system.

Example:
    visit visa 1, declined, documents never returned.
    Visit visa 2, granted, some documents returned, some missing
    Visit visa 3, all documents returned
    Visit visa 4, declined documents returned
    Visit visa 5 granted some documents missing
    Visit visa 6 granted... no documents returned

and this goes on across the system, some spouse visas getting emails, some getting none... it's just a good job they're not flying planes or performing surgery... good design takes note of user experience and I don't think they consider it carefully enough

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for confirming that, i was just curious as to the process you did. For my wife's previous VISA we did the biometrics first and I then flew back to the UK and sent the docs to Sheffield.

This one i'm doing the self-upload which is much easier.

Member สมาชิก

Have you any news yet Darren?
    I note it's now been over the 6 week deadline for priority application since your biometrics?

I just wanted to come back on my previous post re. self upload of docs;

It was an absolute waste of time doing all the self uploading!!! The VFS website has major bugs within the system and will not let you 'view' all the docs you have uploaded. Furthermore, the print out sheet you receive after you have booked the biometrics appt, details all the file names of the uploads you made. In each of these sections there were files that I DEFINITELY uploaded but were NOT detailed.

Because of this and as a precaution, I took all the docs on a USB stick to the biometrics appointment and highlighted to the staff the fault in the system. They said the only way to be confident that i am including all the required docs was to scan at the centre which i was obviously not happy about being that I have roughly 500 pages of docs at 40bht per doc print and then scanning!!

All my physical docs I left back in the UK and so I made the decision to call home and ask that they be submitted in person which they now have been.

So taking the above, I would NOT recommend doing the self upload until it's absolutely clear from VFS that they have fixed the system. When that will be who knows!!

Member สมาชิก

Any news on your decision yet Darren?

He updated on a different thread. She got it.

Member สมาชิก

Cheers Rasg, that's good news.
    I was interested to hear the timeline, he said he'd post back to let us know

He paid extra for priority so it won't give you a good idea unless you are thinking of paying it too.