Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default [Applying for Schengen Visa in Manchester] Visa Metric

Planning on getting a schengen visa for the wife rules are she can not be accompanied by anyone ,BUT THEY WANT MY PASSPORT are you for real visa metric .JOKE

Old Hand มือเก่า

I have to rename this thread.
    Having attended today with my wife what a little gem this is in Manchester.
    Fantastic service and they did let me attend with my wife all be it .it was not busy and i could imagine the distraction of lots off kids being in the office .
    I paid for 3 hours worth of car parking at a cost of £1.50 but guess what we was in and out within 16 mins great service would recommend this to any one in the north west .
    The visa application was also very easy .5 star service very happy .
    Last edited by maokaang; 1st Jun 2019 at 10:02. Reason: Thread title changed

Old Hand มือเก่า

list of documents needed for schengen visa for Germany
    (1)completed application form on there site signed with the same signature in the persons applying passport .
    (2)completed other notes form found on there website signed again
    (3)wifes passport +copy of the photo page they do ask for 2
    (4)my passport +copy of the photo page
    (5)marriage certificate original and translation +photocopy of both
    (6)wifes brp card +photocopy of back and front of it
    (7)£21.60 =£5.60 there fees and £15.00 for passport postage back (by card payment)

Nice to see that the prestige EU freedom of movement bestowed upon us is so well governed and hassle/cost free...

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

so bloody civilised those Europeans.... need to get one to Spain, sounds straightforward enough

Not with Spain it's not. Spain is the most difficult of the EU nations to get a Schengen visa. They require a lot of extra documents that they shouldn’t be asking for.

I hold a residency card and own a house there, pretty sure it's going to be a breeze compared to coming to (Great) Britain

On that basis I wonder why you didn’t try a different way to get your wife over here than the route you took. Did you at least explore the possibility of using the Surinder Singh route to bring your wife to the UK? If successful it would have saved you a shedload of cash and your constant complaints about the UK system would have been minimal or non existent.

Old Hand มือเก่า

yes Rasg you are right ,they want a lot more documents ie hotel flights im sure even bank statements which is all wrong asking for these .can use this visa throe to take a trip for a week to Spain

you are forgetting that on paper we should have already left the EU, who knows if or how long that route will be open

No I'm not. The way things are going, we won’t be leaving the EU any time soon. Unless something dramatic happens there is not the Parliamentary arithmetic to make Brexit happen.

When Tory MPs have said that they will vote against their own government to bring it down, the new PM, when he or she is voted in, will have to do something extraordinary to make Brexit happen.

Old Hand มือเก่า

The end of the the day for someone in Manchester its a fantastic time to gain this and so easy ,and a relief not having to go to London .ive posted what is needed and my experience take advantage for that trip to sunny climates while its there .

Old Hand มือเก่า

update passport returned today visa approved 7 days how quick is that get in there happy days

well done Samsung, looking forward to showing my wife some more of Europe later in the year

Old Hand มือเก่า

Just a quick update very strange they have not followed there own process ? by giving a six month visa .
    Visa expires 31/10/2019 which is the date set in stone for the UK to leave the EU valid from the 11/06/2019-31/10/2019 which is around 4 and half months just thought i would point this out .
    But all in it was a painless process and much welcomed bit of news for us guys and i hope visa metric expand to other nations in the EU ,But this is a different topic .

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for the info Samsung.

For Schengen are we able to apply to the easiest country for example Germany, without intending to visit there or do we have to show proof that we intend to visit there.

Just curious as should my wife receive her UK settlement VISA next month, we'd like to visit Spain later in the year but you mentioned Spain to be more difficult so would it best/easier to apply to a different Schengen country instead?

Old Hand มือเก่า

Im no expert but im sure border control could stop you as the country you apply for should be for your main visit to that area and then you could go on to visit others .
    Take note on what i observed about the length of the visa which i think is down to brexit .
    I was fortunate to be going to Germany and based in the north west it was fantastic but if i wanted to go to Spain then a trip to London for a free visa which again wouldnt want to much info i think they just fussy thats the requirment set out what is needed .

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by nickuk View Post

For Schengen are we able to apply to the easiest country for example Germany, without intending to visit there or do we have to show proof that we intend to visit there
    In theory a Schengen visa allows you to visit any country in the EU. They state that you should apply to the main country you will be staying in. It could be frowned upon if you rock up for a 2 week package holiday in Benidorm with a German schengen visa in your pass port, never having visited there.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    but if i wanted to go to Spain then a trip to London for a free visa which again wouldnt want to much info i think they just fussy thats the requirment set out what is needed .
    I got my Mrs a Spanish visa last year from the consulate in Edinburgh. They wanted proof of holiday booking and a copy of bank statements in addition to the documents you mentioned earlier

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Mackem Stu View Post
    In theory a Schengen visa allows you to visit any country in the EU. They state that you should apply to the main country you will be staying in. It could be frowned upon if you rock up for a 2 week package holiday in Benidorm with a German schengen visa in your pass port, never having visited there.
    Thanks for that. So does the VISA detail the country you applied to? I just presumed it would detail 'EU Schengen zone' or similar being that it is allowed for all EU countries?

It's probably best that I apply to the country intended to visit!

-Thanks

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickuk View Post
    Thanks for that. So does the VISA detail the country you applied to? I just presumed it would detail 'EU Schengen zone'
    If you get one from the Germans, it will have the details in German, with the multiple language options as well, but mainly German
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."