Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RSS Feed Dog rescues baby buried alive in field in Thailand

A dog that lost the use of one of its legs digs out a baby buried alive in a field in Thailand.

Read full article ...

(This post was generated automatically by Thailand-UK.com from the BBC News Asia RSS Feed)

Old Hand มือเก่า

It's tragic that this girl felt so alone and scared that she had to resort to such a desperate act. Attempted murder on paper but the realty is the social services fail kids like this in Thailand and psychological help is what she needs.
    In all the years I taught in a secondary school out there, I never witnessed a single mention of sex education.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Girl on our estate pregnant at 14 baby at 15 no sex education. However it still happens in Europe where there is sex education, where are we going wrong is it the parents? Worried as I have an 11 year old daughter.

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

My daughter, who is 17, is part of a group called DJ Teen which is sponsored at her school and by the Children and Youth Council. They discuss teenage pregnancy, sexual health, contraception and societal pressures on young people and the effects that unwanted pregnancies can have on people's lives. They organise activities, trips, and they made a short film. It's a nationwide program which has live chats, discussions, and activities for teenagers in many different regions of Thailand. So, whilst there is always work to be done keeping young people aware of the issues they face as they grow up, there are initiatives in Thailand that aim to address this.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

https://www.facebook.com/djteen/?hc_ref=SEARCH
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Member สมาชิก

They need to teach sex education of course as well as road safety, the highway code (land traffic act 1979) and the real history of Thailand as well as teaching how to think not what to think. Not a lot of chance of any of it sadly. Kids tend that do well in spite of government Schools, and not because of them. They get top marks on the numerous uniforms and marching about though.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Everyone I grew up with had classes on it. Lots of media outlets try and help and services are there. In the UK kids have always been governed by anything but common sense. The ones lucky enough, or smart enough to make the right choices do well and the others end up in the muck. I once read that when kids get to 13, there's a tunnel they go down and there's not a lot parents can do until they come out the other end.
    I remember some of the idiotic choices I made at that age (and thereafter) but I knew the really, really bad stuff to avoid.

Thailand is totally different in as much as they make the whole teenage pregnancy and sex thing a secret. A dirty one at that. Pretend it doesn't happen. There was a question in a Thai national exam, regarding what to do if a boy feels the need to feel relieved, so to speak. The correct option to choose was to play football!!! One 'expert' argued that talking to your family was the correct option. The others to choose from were, sleep, go out with a friend of the opposite sex (because there are no gay kids in Thailand), or invite a friend to watch a film.

My wife's friend had a daughter at 18 and her parents, who are in their 60's, told the town she was theirs! People just accepted it.

For my own sanity, I am very grateful I have two boys and no daughters!