Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Question British Nationality -Refused on Good Character

Hi all and thank you for reading my post.

Entry in UK illegally on 2002 and claimed asylum but failed.

July 2009- Married to EU Citizens
    October 2009 - Certificate of application which stated"Thank you for the application for residence card. Until such time as your application has been decided by the UK Border Agency, you will be treated for immigration purposes as family member of a legally resident EEA national and, as such, you are free to live and work in the United Kingdom''
    March 2010- Grant Five Years (Residency Card)
    Jan 2015- Grant Permanent Residency Card
    Feb 2016- applied Nationality
    May 2016 Received letter to provide more information and also completed residency questionnaire. The letter read:
    "According to our records, you were in the UK without leave to remain under the immigration Laws between 2002 when you entered the UK illegally and March 2010 when you were granted leave to remain. It would therefore appear that you were not complaint with UK immigration Laws during this period and may not meet the good character requirement for naturalisation"

I completed the form and sent back to them with no evidence due to 14 days to return the form; as I could not get any within sort period.

Few weeks later, I received the refusal letter saying that they cannot be satisfied from the documents provided with NR form to complete if I wish it to be reconsidered and pay a fee of £272.

I did not apply for reconsideration, as it would be wasted again.

I am hoping to submit fresh claim but not sure from what month is my best option to cover 10 years policy ban. I phoned home office and i was told that i can apply anytime but just to be in safe side and cannot afford waste over £1000 for same mistake, below are my date options to submit a fresh claim.

Can you please advise what is my best option for successful application ?

Option 1- Should i apply from October 2019 (date of certificate of application) October 2009-October 2019?
    Option 2 - Should i apply from March 2020 ( issue of residence card) March 2010-March 2020?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thank you

Jack

Member สมาชิก

"According to our records, you were in the UK without leave to remain under the immigration Laws between 2002 when you entered the UK illegally and March 2010 when you were granted leave to remain. It would therefore appear that you were not complaint with UK immigration Laws during this period and may not meet the good character requirement for naturalisation"

I agree with the above verdict!

Jack,

What is your nationality ?
    Last edited by -Keith-; 20th May 2019 at 12:03.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi Dave,

i am not contesting the decision. i just want to know what is my safe option to new application, as i am trying to avoid losing another £1000 that's all

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Sri Lanka

Quote Originally Posted by Jack121 View Post

Sri Lanka
    Then we cannot help you. This is a forum for Thai/UK couples and individuals.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thank you for your respond. However, this is forum and thought it is for anyone who needs help not just people from Thailand or am i wrong to say this?

I have seen replied from some of expect and i don't think they are Thai either, away thank you for your time