Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: carers visa

Member สมาชิก

Default carers visa

does anyone have experience of applying for a carers visa and how long does it take from application applying from within uk thks

Blog Entries

There isn’t a specific ‘carer’s visa’, the application would be for a visitor visa, which must be applied for outside the UK. Are you able to provide more detail of your circumstances?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

she has been caring for my mum as alive in carer for 18 months and is brilliant she was on a student visa which i only know now as she came through a reputable agency ispoke to her immigration lawyer who says he is applying for a carers visa which he says could take 1 to 2 years which i cant believe she has been given 28 days to leave the country but he says once he applies she will be ok

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

she is in the uk

Blog Entries

Is this a relative or paid help?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Is this a relative or paid help?
    I don't think relatives come via agencies. Safe to assume she was hired help.

In which case she's been working illegally for the past 18 months. A student visa allows 20 hours work per week.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Member สมาชิก

luckily she came thru an agency but yes she wasnt legal to work if we had taken her privatly then we would have checked her legality

1. Her agency can hardly be called reputable, if they assign illegal workers to their clients 2. Her 'immigration lawyer' must be a charlatan as there is no such thing as a carers visa. Her chances of getting a work visa for a low paid, low skill job are ZERO.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Member สมาชิก

thanks i am afraid you are right and my mum is going to lose a fantastic though illegal carer

Blog Entries

Given what has been posted, I have doubts the agency have even spoken to a qualified immigration advisor. The chances of being given a visa for this type of employment is very remote.

For the sake of those searching the forums in the future, here is a link to the basic law and policy regarding 'carer' type applications.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...1/section2.pdf
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Member สมาชิก

thanks tobias its actually te carer whos in touch with the lawyer weve looked at the website it seems ok and spoken to him he sounds credible but i doubt much of what he said he reckons it could take 1 to 2 years to get the visa a lot less time than to get her money but she wants to do it so if it takes months good for my mum

Are you now employing this person directly ?

Member สมาชิก

no its through an agency so in my view any legal problems are theirs my mum and dad are 93 and 90 who employ them i dont think the y will get aproblem .if we were employing directly then i think we would have to let her go if thats why you are asking