Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Marriage UK-Thai national July 2019

hey guys, please help.
    2 Questions

1. Just booked an appointment, for the 1 July, at the UK embassy in Bkk for marry/ Affirmation. I have written out my own Affirmation as per instructions. The advice website gives is a bit vague ...do I pay for Affirmation before appointment or when I get to embassy ?

2. Also just read on here about Amphurs not recognising Affirmations ......2016, is that now still ongoing or now sorted ?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Dave.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

email the affirmation to yourself, then when you go to the embassy and you need to make amendments then it won't take you no time at all, they have a computer you can use.

as for not recognising affirmations, I wouldn't worry about it too much, there are a lot of places you can use, we used
    Chatuchak District Register Office (Amphur)
    5 Soi Vibhavadi Rangsit 34
    Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900

They were great, and this was only last June

Wayne

Member สมาชิก

thank you Wayne. Very helpful on both questions. Have a good life,
    Dave.

Member สมาชิก

I got married last month, first we tried Bang Lamung Amphur and they wanted 4 weeks to confirm the documents were not forgeries, this is new procedure but something to be aware of. We then opted to use and agent and get married at Chatuchak, this went smoothly and worth the 6000B. Whole process took less than an hour.

The affidavit is a bit of a pain, you pay at the embassy when you go and your Thai gf's address has to be in a specific format or you will have to do it again. The previous tip about emailing it is good but they allow you to correct it on a computer at the embassy if there is a problem.

I used an agent to do the translation and take the forms to the ministry of foreign affairs, it was 5000B, I alos used them for the marriage. If you are planning on settling in the UK you will also need to get the certificates translated.

Member สมาชิก

It was a long time ago, but we used an agent for all the marriage documentation and were also accompanied to the amphur to get it registered. They also arranged the translations etc so we had everything we needed for Visas and subsequent Home Office stuff. It didn't cost a lot in the overall scheme of things, it was worth it to us to avoid the hassle and get it done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    I got married last month, first we tried Bang Lamung Amphur and they wanted 4 weeks to confirm the documents were not forgeries, this is new procedure but something to be aware of..
    Certainly has changed since 2011. We got married at Bang Lamung. It was 18 April and Pattaya was still celebrating Songkran but we thought we'd do a reckie and find out where it was. Much to our surprise the office was open. We had all our docs with us so decided to go in and make an appointment for a week or so later so we could gather some friends. By the time we came out, we were married!!!!