Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default uploading documents to sopra steria for ILR

I'm trying to upload documents to the ukvcas/sopra steria website ready for my ILR appointment this Friday.
    Have scanned and saved the originals and the detail on the copies is very good. Problem is when I try uploading the documents a lot of the detail/characters are missing. even large English numbers and characters in bold print are omitted, while smaller faint characters, some in Thai, are showing.
    Tried different resolutions, black and white copies, colour copies, pdf format as recommended in their guide lines, to no avail.
    anyone got any tips?
    Thanks.

I used PDFs and JPEGs. The files need to be smaller than 6 Mb each. If a PDF isn't, download the full version seven day trial from Adobe. Open each PDF, and using the Save as menu option and save as and optimised PDF. It will drop in size by 70-80%. I scanned everything at 300 ppi. All scans need to be A4. If you scan the front and back of a BRP. for example, put both scans on a singe image and increase the canvas size to A4.

Thanks for the reply rasg.
    I've tried another computer and the uploads seem to be working now. I can only assume there was a problem
    with my computer software or a poor internet connection.
    word to the wise, make sure you upload your documents in plenty of time before appointment.

We had our ILR appointment at sopra steria in Manchester this morning, and I was not impressed with the attitude of the staff, who were young and looked like they didn't know what they were doing. One man in particular was quite hostile when I queried what checks they did on documents uploaded by applicants themselves. I was not allowed to accompany my wife into the interview. I explained to the manager that it was me that had prepared all the documents and that if there were any problems/ items missing my wife would not know. He told me after the biometrics had been taken I could come in and check the uploads. Needless to say they processed everything without me and even turned the computer screen away from my wife. so if she had been able to spot any problems they didn't give her the chance. when I raised the issue with the manager it was clear he didn't give a s*%t. Whilst waiting to speak with him, even though I was at the front of the queue he was shouting over my head to deal with people who had arrived after me. He actually said that if anything was missing the ECO would contact me for further information, which from what I've read on other posts is not true.
    The only paperwork they looked at was the print out of appointment confirmation and my wife and step son's current passports. I asked the manager if he needed to see the BRP cards and old passports, and was told no. I thought they had to retain the passports and BRP cards, and that they were returned after the home office decision. Hope I'm wrong about that. They gave my wife no information about what would happen next and just seemed to want to get us in and out as fast as possible.
    All in all the process did not inspire confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by marvinpie View Post
    We had our ILR appointment at sopra steria in Manchester this morning, and I was not impressed with the attitude of the staff, who were young and looked like they didn't know what they were doing. One man in particular was quite hostile when I queried what checks they did on documents uploaded by applicants themselves. I was not allowed to accompany my wife into the interview. I explained to the manager that it was me that had prepared all the documents and that if there were any problems/ items missing my wife would not know. He told me after the biometrics had been taken I could come in and check the uploads. Needless to say they processed everything without me and even turned the computer screen away from my wife. so if she had been able to spot any problems they didn't give her the chance. when I raised the issue with the manager it was clear he didn't give a s*%t. Whilst waiting to speak with him, even though I was at the front of the queue he was shouting over my head to deal with people who had arrived after me. He actually said that if anything was missing the ECO would contact me for further information, which from what I've read on other posts is not true.
    The only paperwork they looked at was the print out of appointment confirmation and my wife and step son's current passports. I asked the manager if he needed to see the BRP cards and old passports, and was told no. I thought they had to retain the passports and BRP cards, and that they were returned after the home office decision. Hope I'm wrong about that. They gave my wife no information about what would happen next and just seemed to want to get us in and out as fast as possible.
    All in all the process did not inspire confidence.
    The attitude probably varies from centre to centre. I took my wife to the library in Reading they were fine but the whole UK visa system was down for four hours that day. About 25 people were waiting in front of us. I asked and the staff actually worked for Reading library. Probably why the attitude was different.

I sat down with the woman who were looking at my wife's application with no problems after my wife had had the biometrics taken as I explained that I had prepared the documents. I wasn't allowed to view the screen either. How long was your wife in there for? It took about half an hour for the woman to check all of my uploaded documents? I provided a scan, front and back, of my wife's BRP but others were have theirs scanned with a very strange looking scanner. The only item that was scanned was my wife's passport and they used a special passport scanner for that. All the pages that weren't blank.

They don't retain anything. My wife's BRP for the FLR application arrived this morning in a thin brown envelope with a letter too. Less than five weeks.

Wife's and stepson's biometrics took about 10 minutes and the "checking" of documents was done in 5 minutes tops. I did not upload copies of The brp cards as I thought they required the originals. The ill tempered man said they checked mandatory documents but no one questioned the fact that the cards had not been uploaded - even after I asked if they needed to see the brps. Congratulations if the brown envelope means you've got the flr!

Member สมาชิก

We went to Croydon today for wife's indefinite leave to remain visa and they scanned and uploaded all documents without apparent problems and wife said very friendly, suppose much depends what office you go to.

Wife's and stepson's biometrics took about 10 minutes and the "checking" of documents was done in 5 minutes tops. I did not upload copies of The brp cards as I thought they required the originals. The ill tempered man said they checked mandatory documents but no one questioned the fact that the cards had not been uploaded - even after I asked if they needed to see the brps. Congratulations if the brown envelope means you've got the flr!
    Seems like the people at Reading are more thorough. Maybe because they are librarians?!

Thanks.

Sorry for going off topic but I find " Quite Hostile " and " Ill Tempered " to be out of order, considering how much you guy's are paying out, they should be bending over backwards to help
    bangkok mags

I think in any other "customer care " environment you would expect staff to be polite and helpful. Sadly in a monopoly situation staff know very well they've got you by the b*&s and expect everyone they deal with to accept everything without question. Maybe I'm just an old cynic and they were having a bad day.