Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RSS Feed USA 13-0 Thailand: United States claim biggest ever Women's World Cup win

The United States record the biggest ever victory in the Fifa Women's World Cup as they score 13 goals against Thailand.

Read full article ...

(This post was generated automatically by Thailand-UK.com from the BBC News Asia RSS Feed)

Old Hand มือเก่า

I've never seen a Thai girl remotely interested in playing football so it doesn't surprise me. It would be nice to see more Thai schools encouraging them to play.

Not sure how many 'ladies' there were in the Thai team! Have you seen the pic taken before the game?

I say this in jest!
    'Tis me

13-0 just emphasises what a mis-match it is.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Old Hand มือเก่า

It's good to see that there is a ladies football team from Thailand. Not to sure whether they had to qualify, but things can only get better.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Yes they did have to qualify. They will also get a substantial income from competing. They were very unlucky to have to open against USA.
    My wife watched excitedly for about 40 mins before declaring it unfair to expect Thai people to have to play football in Europe where it is too cold. She also criticised the coach for picking a goalie who is clearly not tall enough.

Was reading that some ex-women players have been criticizing Team USA.
    https://www.goal.com/en/news/disgust...l1n61jngomdk5c
    A couple of gals I know were at England v Scotland in Nice.
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    13-0 just emphasises what a mis-match it is.
    I think we might see something similar in the men's game if the world cup is to be increased from 32 to 48 nations in the future.

Member สมาชิก

They could certainly do with a better keeper, she was very poor.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I know this is a little off topic but still on topic ,how poor is is and has others have said very poor by the BBC trying to ram something down our throats me for one would normally watch this very low event but after the last 12 months of consistent football not a chance am i interested in watching non league football probably worse .
    I also think the BBC guys should go now, we have the cricket world cup on and its in our own backyard and because they didnt want to spend the cash they serve up this .Its time to find a blocker or something and fit it to my set top box and save myself £150 a year .
    Would i miss BBC no i dont think i would .

I can't remember when I last watched anything on the Beeb and I really having to pay for it.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Tony & Apple's Avatar

You have to feel sorry for the goal keeper hopefully they will get a better result in the next game
    แอนโธนี่

Old Hand มือเก่า

I watch Chile v Thailand on which Thailand lost 2-0. However, Thailand did have their chances to draw.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    I've never seen a Thai girl remotely interested in playing football so it doesn't surprise me. It would be nice to see more Thai schools encouraging them to play.
    After the world cup, I think you will see more girls playing football.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Yea, I hope so. I'm not in Thailand now so I don't know what kind of reception they're getting but it would be great to see another avenue open up for kids.

I wonder how the egotistical men's team are taking it. By now a Thai national team should have been in a World Cup, considering the size of the game in Thailand, but they're attitude is awful.

Member สมาชิก

It's not the lack of talent in Asia or because they are smaller, Japanese women already won the world cup beating the USA on penalties.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Yep, I remember about ten years ago, Thailand were really close to qualifying, had a great squad and needed to get a result in Japan. The media were full of optimism prior to the game, as were the public yet Thailand got hammered simply because they couldn't control their discipline. When they returned the media were full of stories claiming the Japanese had cheated because it was too cold and should have been abandoned. That, compiled with just about every other time Thailand loses a sporting event and the rants of 'Kee-Gong...' ring out, started my support for any nation Thailand are playing against.

Not so with the women's teams however. Let's hope it springs into life after the World Cup.