Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Default Please check my supporting documents check list.

Ok, so, the settlement visa application has been submitted online, paid the fees, and we have an appointment at the VFS in the Trendy Building on Monday.
    I'm flying out on Saturday (we have a sick relative who is not long for this world, and I want to see him before he leaves us) and, what with the uncertainty about uploading documents, and my reluctance to pay £75 to some little oik to do it for me in London, we will submit all the supporting documents when my wife does her biometrics in Bangkok.

I would very much appreciate it if some of you would run an eye over my list of supporting documents so that I can be as sure as possible that I've got everything I need.
    So, I have;
    A copy of my passport
    A letter from my employer's HR department stating my current salary, and (since I've just had a pay rise in April this year) what my salary was for the previous 12 months (it is, and was, above the minimum requirement).
    6 months of payslips printed from the company website with the company logo on them (this is the only place they are available, and I will be mentioning this in my covering letter).
    Tomorrow I will have 6 months of bank statements (the bits that show my salary being paid in, not reams of paper showing me buying sandwiches in Tesco's). I ordered actual statements from my bank but they haven't turned up yet, so I'm off to the local branch to pester them to put a stamp on the ones I've printed (is this really necessary? We've done six visit visa applications just using copies that I've printed myself).
    Our original (Thai) marriage certificate and an English translation (we have used this translation successfully for many visit visas).
    The originals, and translations of, my wife's name change documents.
    My tenancy agreement, a copy of my Council Tax bill, a letter from my landlord acknowledging that I have informed him of my wife's imminent arrival, and our responsibilities under the right to rent legislation.
    Photos of the flat.
    A copy of the email from the immigration health charge service acknowledging payment and quoting the IHS number.
    The printed application form itself.
    Appendix 2 of said VAF4A

My wife has;
    Her English test pass certificate.
    Her TB clear certificate.
    Her passport.
    Her face.
    Her fingers.

Are we missing anything?

Thanks.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

The Fee
    Wish you both well and hope for a positive outcome, I will leave the list to others with recent experience.
    Good Luck.
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    The Fee
    Wish you both well and hope for a positive outcome, I will leave the list to others with recent experience.
    Good Luck.
    Paid the fees
    thanks for the good wishes
    "And yet, here you are."

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    Tomorrow I will have 6 months of bank statements (the bits that show my salary being paid in, not reams of paper showing me buying sandwiches in Tesco's). I ordered actual statements from my bank but they haven't turned up yet, so I'm off to the local branch to pester them to put a stamp on the ones I've printed (is this really necessary? We've done six visit visa applications just using copies that I've printed myself).
    A visit visa is a very different animal to a settlement visa.

IMHO opinion it's simply easier to do what is requested in the guidelines if you are not supplying original posted statements. My bank is Santander and head office informed me that no branches are allowed to stamp bank statements. The bank branch that is on campus at my local university knew exactly what I wanted because they deal with student visas etc all the time and stamped them, FOC, in less than ten minutes.

Santander has "online statement" at the top of it but I wasn't willing to risk over £1000 for the sake of a 30 minutes trip.

I know of others who have "got way" with supplying their online statements without stamps or a bank letter but I have no idea of the bank they were with or what was included at the top of their statements.

I went to the bank today and they 'don't do stamps any more'. They do print statements in branch though. The quality was worse than the ones I printed, they were in black and white, and they only go back three months.
    I ordered 'real' statements last week but they haven't arrived. Called them and they said I didn't order them. So I ordered them again, but they more than likely won't arrive in time.
    My statements have 'printed on <date>' in the top right corner and have 'Halifax - print friendly statement' on the top, but other than that are identical to the ones from the branch except mine are of better quality.

I've had statements stamped before for the 'very different animal' that still required financial proof, and also used statements with no stamps.
    I'm kind of stuck really. I'm going to call the branch that stamped them before and see if they can still do it. When I asked them before they knew exactly what it was for. Now I live in the sticks and the people are a bit dim, so I might have more luck at the branch in London.
    "And yet, here you are."

I did manage to speak to someone else from the bank on the phone and, after they spoke to a grown up, they did indeed confirm that the bank, as a company, do indeed provide the stamp I'm looking for so I'm off into London tomorrow to find a bank staff member who will do it for me.
    Other than that...is my list ok?
    "And yet, here you are."

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I went to the bank today and they 'don't do stamps any more'.
    I had the same with my wifes last FLRM application. Took the printed statements into branch and was told they don't stamp them. My wife went back the following day and they stamped them no probs at all. She is obviously much scarier than I am

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    I had the same with my wifes last FLRM application. Took the printed statements into branch and was told they don't stamp them. My wife went back the following day and they stamped them no probs at all. She is obviously much scarier than I am
    It's really strange that some banks say they don't do them and others do. It;s the reason I went to the bank at my local Uni where they deal with people applying for visas all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bifftastic View Post
    I did manage to speak to someone else from the bank on the phone and, after they spoke to a grown up, they did indeed confirm that the bank, as a company, do indeed provide the stamp I'm looking for so I'm off into London tomorrow to find a bank staff member who will do it for me.
    Other than that...is my list ok?
    It seems fine but I would also take your original passport too rather than just a copy.

They use a special passport scanner and they might want to scan all the pages with information or stamps on.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post

Santander has "online statement" at the top of it but I wasn't willing to risk over £1000 for the sake of a 30 minutes trip.

I know of others who have "got way" with supplying their online statements without stamps or a bank letter but I have no idea of the bank they were with or what was included at the top of their statements.
    My bank is Santander. When I took my printed statements in to be stamped for our FLR application , I was informed that they don’t do it anymore. After requesting to speak to the branch manager, he agreed they would do it on “this occasion “.

When I got home, I simply logged into my online banking and changed from paperless to receiving posted statements once again. It will save all the messing about when we apply for ILR in January

Member สมาชิก

I stuck with postal bank statements with Halifax despite their constant bangering to go paperless.

Look's to me like you have everything and it seems like a straightforward application (no divorces, multiple jobs, self employment etc)... Are you going for priority?

Good luck with it, ours was granted 2 weeks ago and the feeling of relief is indescribable!

(p.s take a photo of the TB cert on your wifes phone, if you dont get it back she has something to show immigration)

I'm going to give another bank branch one more go tomorrow on my way to the airport to see if I can get them stamped. If not, I'll just explain in my covering letter (I'll have two versions) what the bank told me and hope the ECO sees that they're genuine statements (they match my payslips).
    No, we're not going for priority. I think that the whole 12 weeks timeframe for decisions is there just to prime people to pay the extra for a nominally shorter one. Plus I don't have an extra £750 or however much it is, lying around (I've looked down the back of the sofa, nothing!).
    Thanks for the tip about the TB cert, she's making a copy of it, and the English test result, just for her own records.
    "And yet, here you are."

My wife received her passport back today and her application was successful
    It seems my concerns about online printed bank statements and payslips were unfounded.
    I'd like to thank everyone for their help. This site is (still) an invaluable resource for anyone who has to jump through the hoops our government place in front of us when trying to arrange our lives.
    Thank you all.
    "And yet, here you are."

Awesome news Biff!!!
    I'm looking at your timelines and I am pretty similar to you, we had an appointment 28th June for a Settlement visa, still waiting for a reply but expecting something hopefully before the 60 (Working) days timeline.

Out of curiosity, how much did you supply regarding photos and communications between you and your wife? I noticed you never mentioned that on your list of supporting evidence.

Hope everything goes well in the UK and we will both be here in a few years time again flapping over FLR's and ILR's

Quote Originally Posted by Baz M View Post

Out of curiosity, how much did you supply regarding photos and communications between you and your wife? I noticed you never mentioned that on your list of supporting evidence.

Hope everything goes well in the UK and we will both be here in a few years time again flapping over FLR's and ILR's
    Thanks I didn't supply any evidence of communication with my wife at all. She's had six Visit Visas over then last eight years we've been married. Part of the application requires you to list any previous visas and visits to the UK. The declaration for this Settlement Visa only asks if we have met, and the date we met last.
    So if they were worried that we didn't know each other, the previous visas would have let them know that we do
    I also didn't get any email about the decision having been made. I got one bog standard 'we've received your application' email and then silence. The usual abysmal level of communication/customer service from a department that has has thousands of pounds from me over the years.
    "And yet, here you are."

Biff,
    We got our Visa also!! Received it the last week of September 1st time of asking. Thank God that is all over for now..........few years now of relative relaxation before repeating it all over again for the ILR

well done gents, the first one is always the worst. Now get yourselves down to argos for a decent rice cooker and some insulated leggings

Funny you should mention the leggings......she was asking the other day about some see through ones like she sees many ladies here wear......I said they are tights....no they are leggings.....no tights!! I must get to the bottom of this!!