Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Do I still need a tourist visa?

Hi. I am going to Thailand on holiday in July. I realised I would be in Thailand for 31 days so I would need a tourist visa. If I was to get a return ticket to Vietnam somtime in July would that mean I dont need a tourist visa?

Old Hand มือเก่า

no you should be fine leaving Thailand via air and returning you will get another 30 days .But do book your flights to vietnam and return also take proof of them to your departing airport as you will not have a correct visa and the airline could or will refuse you travel happened with me with swiss air but i had the air tickets to vietnam downloaded and showed them at check in .

Member สมาชิก

Thats good to hear as not enough time to apply for a Thai tourist visa.
    Thanks for reply Samsung

You do know that you can go to an immigration office in Thailand and get an extension. A bit easier than flying to Vietnam !!!!
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    You do know that you can go to an immigration office in Thailand and get an extension. A bit easier than flying to Vietnam !!!!
    Hi. I am just a bit worried the airline notice its 31 days and ask for our tourist visa.
    I am thinking now Siam Reap Cambodia for a couple of days.

Old Hand มือเก่า

ah keith it is not a extension in there you go have extra days .
    I have done it.
    Its a refusal and they give you 10 days to leave the kingdom stamped in your passport , but you do get the extra days 10 days on top of your 30 days so you could look at it as a extension .
    I am sure it was around the £80 mark with the trip to the photo shop next door for photos .

Member สมาชิก

ah keith it is not a extension in there you go have extra days .
    I have done it.
    Its a refusal and they give you 10 days to leave the kingdom stamped in your passport , but you do get the extra days 10 days on top of your 30 days so you could look at it as a extension .
    I am sure it was around the £80 mark with the trip to the photo shop next door for photos .
    Sorry but you are wrong!!
    Keith has given correct information - you can extend the 30 days visa exempt for another 30 days at immigration costs 1990 baht

Old Hand มือเก่า

this is what i found on another site much the same as mine .
    My own was done a few years ago and could have been before the change in 2014 were now i do think you can get 30 days extra but as you see in the photo its more like saying you have to leave by a certain date that is what is in my old passport when i find i shall take a picture like i said its more of a refusal than there you go a new visa mine was worded you have to leave the kingdom by this date .
    im sorry i am right maybe the info is dated and since i dont do it every year its old info but from the picture you see thats what i have in my passport .
    its a denial other wise they may as well give you 60 days it will say you have to leave the kingdom by this date you application is refused as it did on mine .
    Keith has given correct information - you can extend the 30 days visa exempt for another 30 days at immigration costs 1990 baht
    As far as i have done its a refusal rather than a extension .and it was for 10 days or 2 weeks i shall dig my old passport out .
    maybe i did mine before this date
    A 60 day Tourist Visa (every entry) and, since 29.8.2014, also the 30 day visa exempt stamp, will be extended for 30 days at Thai Immigration, THB 1,900.
    and i stand corrected thanks for the update .

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Surely it’s easier and cheaper to just get the 60 tourist visa over here.
    Think I paid £20/£25 then £5 delivery and got it back in less than a week.

1900 is surely about £50 nowadays.