Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Problems with dates on Visa's for UK from Thailand

I have posted this elsewhere but just a warning regarding Visa dates. Our marriage visitor Visa finally came through after an escalation from UK.Gov but with the wrong dates. We stated travel on 12th August 2019 and applied 3 months in advance as required in the UK gov site and India put the 20th of June on it as that is when they assessed it which stops us being in the UK at Christmas and New Year. We escalated it to get it changed and they stated that they put the assessment date on the Visa not the travel date. They say that they only put the travel date on the Visa if you apply 3 months in advance, which we did but they seem to have missed this. You cannot reply to the emails and the UK Gov helpline cannot help once a decision has been made. It seems that the timing of your application is essential as you cannot guarantee what they will do with the Visa date. If you do it too soon you can get an early date that you do not want. If you leave it late you can miss your date. You want. A narrow window to be sure. Followed all of the rules to the letter and got stuffed on the date but at least got the Visa. Anybody else had this problem?

Old Hand มือเก่า

i didnt know that the uk gov did a marriage visitor visa ,i could be wrong .i just thought it was a visitor visa and at around £90 isnt bad i could be on a total wrong visa sure a expert will help rasg ,mr t ,tom over to you .

They do. Get the visa, fly in, book the wedding get married, have a holiday and go home.

Member สมาชิก

Yes it is a marriage visitor Visa under same category as the visitor / tourist visa. I would recommend marriage in thailand now after our experience so far getting evidence etc together for legal marriage in the uk w quite a job

We had no difficulty at all. The local Registrar guided us through the process. The only issue I found at all was proving that my wife had lived here in the UK for enough time. Ten days, if I remember. One of my neighbours wrote a letter explaining that she had chatted to my wife every day when she came to the UK. She also let me have a copy of her council tax bill to show she was our neighbour. That was all. It took two weeks for the Thai Embassy to send the documents to the Registrar showing that she was free to marry.

Member สมาชิก

Hi rasg. Had your wife been in th UK on a standard visitor Visa or fiance visa may i ask? I am curious to know what the Registrar would view as her living in the UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by nickj1000 View Post
    Hi rasg. Had your wife been in th UK on a standard visitor Visa or fiance visa may i ask? I am curious to know what the Registrar would view as her living in the UK ?
    She was here on a fiancée visa. She arrived in March and we married on June 25th. (3rd anniversary today.). FLR applied for a day or two before her visa ran out.

I started enquiries about the wedding the week she arrived.

You have to give 29 days notice to get married in the UK.

More info here with required documents:

https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-p...6-dcb43668982b

Member สมาชิก

Thanks very much for the info and the link!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks very much for the info and the link!