Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Rejected tourist visa

GetAttachmentThumbnail_003.jpgGetAttachmentThumbnail_004.jpg
    Hello all, i'm Keith, maybe i should have introduced myself earlier but i'm not very good with these forums, I have been reading with great interest some of your experiences regarding visa's & i have taken onboard a lot of advice from those who are very knowledgeable when i made an application for my girlfriend to come visit me, unfortunately we got this reply on saturday & i'm desperate to fix this problem and i would appreciate any advice i could get on this.

I can't read it at all. Sorry.

Member สมาชิก

what does it say?

As above, zooming in just makes it blurry. Can you type the writing out into your post?

Rookie มือใหม่

Sorry it’s a copy of a photo I will rewrite it today

Quote Originally Posted by keith68 View Post
    Sorry it’s a copy of a photo I will rewrite it today
    Remember to block out any personal information (if any) IE names - DOB - passport number etc.
    bangkok mags

Rookie มือใหม่

Default rejected visiting visa

hello everyone, i'm after some advice please, recently my girls visiting visa was rejected.

I have refused your application for a visit visa because i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 -V4.10of appendix V of the immigration rules because;
    in order to assess your intentions i must consider your circumstances in Thailand based on the information you have provided with your application.
    the onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions. You have said that your boyfriend will accommodate you whilst in the UK and i am satisfied that he is in a position to do so based on the documents provided. While i take that into account in assessing your proposed maintainance and accommodation in the UK, This is only 1 aspect of the visitor rules and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the UK on completion of your visit.

You state that you are self employed hairdresser earning 200,000THB £5101 annum £425 per month as income. I have noted the financial documents that you have provided in your name however your stated income is not reflected in the bank statement that you have provided, and i am unable to establish the origin of your funds from the documents and statements made by you, I am therefore not satisfied this bank statement is an accurate refection of your personal and financial circumstances.

It is your responsibility to satisfy me that your personal circumstances in Thailand are such that if granted leave to enter you will abide by all the conditions attached to any such leave and that you will leave the UK on completion of your proposed visit. On your application form you state that you are employed however the documents you have provided do not demonstrate your personal/financial circumstances, I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period of 6 months.

Given the lack of documentation submitted regarding your personal circumstances, I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family,social or economic circumstances in Thailand or your intention to travel to the UK.

Given the above i am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitorand that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by visitor routes ( these are listed in appendices 3,4 and 5). I am also not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds.This includes the cost of return or onward journey, any costs regarding dependents, and the cost of planned activities. Therefore your application is refused under paragraph V4.2(a), (c) and (e) of the immergration rules.

If anyone can offer advice on this, i'd be most grateful
    kind regards
    Keith & Dang

Rookie มือใหม่

thanks, ive posted a new thread and written it by hand this time, so i'm looking to delete this thread as it will be no use to anyone, as i say i'm new to this so i'm still trying to get to grips with the way it works

Hi Keith, this time its much easier to read

All I can advise is what I assume you did/didnt send them or make clear enough so please bare with my assumptions and I am sure other gents will also advise further too.

1. did you include a letter from her employer stating how long she has worked there and her salary, also explaining that she sometimes gets paid in cash which would obviously not go on her bank statement?

2. does she own any land/rent a house/own cars/motorbikes or have any other considerable assets that could be classed as a financial tie to thailand? if she does you need to provide documents to prove ownership of said asset.

3. Does she have any dependent family or even any family shes close to? if so its always worth including information about this in her cover letter

4. I assume, Keith, that you are going to be essentially paying for the entire trip? if this is the case I believe in their last paragraph you didnt make it clear to the immigration officer in your covering letter/support letter that this is the plan. They state that they dont think she has the funds to pay for the trip?

5. If as above I was right that you are wanting to pay for the trip, did you send certified bank statements showing you have enough money to support the trip?

if you write back with a bit more substance on the application you made we will be able to advise you with a bit more precision. I can write a complete list of documents that I sent in for my wifes visa application and more recently my motherinlaws application if you would like?

EDIT:

passport

covering letter explaining personal circumstances and reasons for visit.

birth certificate & translation

house book / current home address and how long lived there & translation

parents names and dates of birth

how much she earns in a year

past 10 years travel history (as in passport)

employment details & letter off employer stating salary and payment method

details of any criminal convictions

any papers submitted in thai must be certified and translated

6 months bank statements

land titles & translation

business registration documents if applicable

your documents to send:

covering letter explaining your plan for supporting her/how long shes staying.

dates of planned travel

details of house to stay in such as mortgage papers/deeds/info about size of house

6 months bank statements

copy of passport picture page

estimated cost of holiday

name and address of anyone else paying towards the trip

name and address of immediate family in uk that you intend to visit/stay with.

Most of all I think in your covering letter you need to advise them that as you are in a serious relationship you would not want to jeopardise any further visa applications by overstaying.

As others will advise the most common rejection is because of reason to return to Thailand. You really need to explain absolutely everything to the immigration officer as if there is any hole in the picture they will flat out reject the application.
    Im sorry my answer isnt very well formatted.

I wonder what documents you did supply and what you put in your sponsor letter to receive a refusal letter like it. Most are a few paragraphs at the most.

How much did you put on the application itself that your girlfriend would contribute? It seems that the figure of 200.000 baht pa is not shown in the money going into and out of her bank account or bears no relation to that figure. If you had come here first I would have suggested that you keep your girlfriends bank statements etc completely out of the application. I have seen so many that are refused for financial reasons.

The problem is that it's been done now and you now have to address the issues that the ECO has raised in the refusal letter for the next application. I would be really interested to see your sponsor letter and the figures that you put for the cost of the trip and the money your girlfriend had that was put in the application.

Did you give your girlfriend any money to "pad" her bank account?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

It is fairly common for people to get refussals on their first visit visa application but the refussal letter shows you what you need to address, resubmit with proof of income and you better proof of your relationship and you should be ok. I was refused on an inital application and we still traveled at the time we were intending to by addressing the points in the letter and reapplying quickly.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by keith68 View Post
    I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period of 6 months.
    Did you apply for a visit visa for the full 6 months and how long have you and your gf known each other?

It seems you have not provided enough financial evidence to satisfy the ECO you can fund your gf's visit for a 6 month period.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    Did you apply for a visit visa for the full 6 months and how long have you and your gf known each other?

It seems you have not provided enough financial evidence to satisfy the ECO you can fund your gf's visit for a 6 month period.
    If that is what the OP has done. Asking for much more than a month is not a good idea for a first visit visa.

True rasg, especially if funds are tight which seems to be one of the issues!

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

The issue which the ECO has refused on, whilst mentioning finances, is reason to return.

The finance issue is that the applicant's employment is not verified.
    The income that is claimed to be from employment does not show up in the applicant's bank account.

Therefore it can not be used as 'genuine' employment and is not considered to be a valid reason to return to Thailand once the visit is over.

In order to address the reason for refusal another application needs to be submitted (there's no appeal process for visit visas) which addresses the reasons for refusal.

In order to do this successfully you would need to show a very strong case for good reason to return.
    For the first visit visa application this is quite difficult as there is no previous immigration history.

What we did for my wife's first visit visa was to emphasise her ties to Thailand, local responsibilities, family connections, the fact that she didn't (at the time) wish to stay in the UK, the fact that her children needed her to be there for them, and added a character reference letter from a friend of ours (who is the CEO of a company in the UK).
    Now, whilst these things individually do not necessarily provide evidence of reason to return (after all, there can be no 100% guarantee that someone WILL return) added together, along with the fact that I directly addressed the issue in my covering letter ("With regard to your need to be assured that my wife will return to Thailand once her visit is over....") I believe that we successfully showed that it was quite likely that she would return to Thailand.

Also, her first visit was for one month. Subsequent visits were for three months.

We also had two applications refused, and in the applications that followed those refusals, I again directly addressed the refusals in my covering letter, along with evidence that addressed the reasons for refusal.

Your case is slightly different in that there isn't really evidence that can address refusal on the grounds that the ECO doesn't believe your girlfriend will return to Thailand, but you can definitely make a case that she will.

Make a new application, directly address the reason to return issue as it is the reason for refusal, and provide as much evidence as you can that she has no reason to stay in the UK and will indeed abide by the terms of the visit visa and return to Thailand after her visit.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Old Hand มือเก่า

i read into this as there are funds in a her bank account which there is no record of coming from anywhere and that she dose not have sufficient funds for the visit .
    My own view on this is
    1, Do not ask for 6 months they give you that anyway ,maybe a 3 week holiday.
    2, Sponsor the visit yourself £1500 should be plenty and its easy if your wages are paid into your bank .
    3,By supplying her bank statements with out just blow dry saloon credits going in opens all cans of worms
    ie money laundering not paying taxes unable to prove where the cash has come from .(not saying this is true but that is the only picture the ECO gets)
    4,should have asked for advice on here its FREE and a lot of members know there stuff even throe we do not agree all the time .
    5,I had known my now wife 2 years and spent just under 12 months of that with her in Thailand and Vietnam the visit visa was very easy nothing to major as i sponsored her and she did stay the whole 6 months i bought a ticket after she was granted all be it i did get a phone call from Manchester border control which i explained why i had bought the ticket for so long and that it was a open ticket and company relocation i could not be given holidays at a date when first applied for .I did not lie and had the answers for him even my firms number to confirm the relocation .
    6,Like Bifftastic says now you have to convince the ECO she will go home and that is like trying to get a 6 year old to eat there veg
    7,The relationship is genuine focus on that and future plans sponsor her yourself and go for a 3 week holiday at the cost of £90 around that mark for the visa , you do not have a lot to lose and above all ask the guys on here for help i am no expert but some are .Good luck on your next application .

Rookie มือใหม่

To the British Embassy Bangkok

Dear Sir/madam
    My name is xxxxxxxxxxx, I am the partner of xxxxxxxxx.
    I would like to invite xxxxxxx to visit me in the UK from 23/07/2019 until 25/08/2019.
    I wish to sponsor her visit & i will pay all her travel expences, i will be providing her with accommodation and food & drink as well as
    any other costs that arise.xxxxxx will not need to spend any of her own money.

xxxxxxx will not over stay her visa as she has responsiblities back in Thailand, she has her children &
    family as well as her own hairdressing salon & although she is self sufficiant in Thailand, i do send her some money via western union
    for some luxuries for herself and family, but while she is in the UK i will be covering the whole cost of her dependants back home
    in Thailand until she returns.We both understand the importance of abiding by the terms of the visa & will fully comply with them. as i would
    like to invite xxxxxx again next summer.

During her visit to the UK she will meet my family & friends as she has spoken to them via video call and they are eager to meet her in person,
    We will also be visiting tourist attractions in the midlands as well as some historical venues eg. Warwick castle ect, before travelling down to
    Chichester to visit her cousin, & then we will head to some of the seaside resorts along the south coast.

I first met xxxxxxx on a dating website at the end of november 2018 & we spoke every day, and i travelled to Thailand to meet her in feburary 2019,
    on a 2 weeks trip, during that time i was invited to go to meet the rest of her family in xxxxxxx Ubon Ratchathani,
    We spent all our time together while i was in Thailand & have become very close, Since i returned to England we speak every day throughout
    the day via text message & video call on either messenger, whatsapp or line app.

I predominantly live alone here in England,My son xxxxxx, aged 7, comes to stay one night per week, he has got his own bedroom here.
    I have a 2 bedroom appartment that i have on long term rent, i have lived at my currant address for 6 years
    & i am very settled here, i have ample room to accommodate xxxxx throughout her stay here, i have attached some photos of each room
    to show my appartment.

I consider my financial situation to be suitable to be a sponsor as i earn £45,829 at the end of the tax year 2019.
    I am a law abiding citizen & i was born in the UK & have lived here all of my life, I work for a global logistics company & i have been in there
    employ for a number of years, I have a breif reference from my manager that i hope will help to show i am honest & of good charater.

The documents i enclose to support the application;
    home rental contract
    current council tax bill
    bank statements
    payslips
    character reference from my employer
    western union transer receipts
    copy of my passport
    internal flight tickets
    some of the pictures we took during my visit to Thailand in Feburary 2019
    some screenshots that we have taken during our video calls
    pictures of my home here in England
    I have only included a small number of the photos and small extracts of our messages as it is hopefully more practical & less time consuming
    for yourselves, I can however produce all photos & printed copies of all our text messages if you wish to see them.

Thank you for considering this application, If there is any other information you need in order to make your decision please contact either myself
    or xxxxxxxx on the phone numbers above.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

sorry about the late reply work getting in the way of the important stuff again

Old Hand มือเก่า

That sounds great the only thing i can see is the amount of time spent together enclose pics of your visit as well .Maybe someone else can have some input .
    Give some time for others to respond .

I'll look more closely at it tomorrow but it's full of spelling mistakes. They no longer want photos, by the way.

What are her reasons to return?

Old Hand มือเก่า

I guess this is RASG
    xxxxxxx will not over stay her visa as she has responsibilities back in Thailand, she has her children &
    family as well as her own hairdressing salon & although she is self sufficient in Thailand, i do send her some money via western union
    for some luxuries for herself and family, but while she is in the UK i will be covering the whole cost of her dependents back home
    in Thailand until she returns.We both understand the importance of abiding by the terms of the visa & will fully comply with them. as i would
    like to invite xxxxxx again next summer.
    I didn't know evidence of relationship was not needed anymore ,
    Spelling mistakes is irreverent its not a english test !!!