Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Financial requirement for FLR visa

I hope someone can help me on this
    I`m using my private pension plus state pension and savings for the FLR visa
    So when calculating my income from the private pension can I use the before tax amount
    I read that you use your before tax income on earnings but does this include pensions
    Thanks for your help on this

Yes, use the gross ("before tax") amounts of your private pension and state pension. According to page 56 of Appendix FM 1.7 (Financial Requirement):

"8.1.1 The gross annual income from any State (UK Basic State Pension and Additional or Second State Pension, HM Forces Pension or foreign), occupational or private pension received by the applicant’s partner or the applicant can be counted towards the financial requirement under Category E."

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks Tom & Nok
    I could not find it before in the financial requirement doc I must be going word blind
    The other thing that`s bothering me is joint addressed letters I have none only individual ones
    I plan to ask a friend who is a neighbour to write a confirmation letter that we have been living
    together for the last two years would this satisfy them what do you think ?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sinavida View Post
    ... The other thing that`s bothering me is joint addressed letters I have none only individual ones
    I plan to ask a friend who is a neighbour to write a confirmation letter that we have been living
    together for the last two years would this satisfy them what do you think ?
    Thanks
    The letters do not necessarily need to be jointly addressed, they can be letters sent to each of you individually over the period in question. A letter from a friend will not be sufficient evidence of cohabitation/residency, the rules require you to provide the necessary letters/bills/statements etc.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks Tobias
    I thought a letter from another source would help but as you say they are not what they want
    Thanks again

Blog Entries

The important point is that the letters must be an equal mixture of items addressed to each of you, and the dates of them should be sufficient;y spread out across the range of the relevant qualifying period.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

I used a couple of joint dental appointments with the receipts. Also EHIC cards for each of us. Council tax bill with both of our names on. My wife's National Insurance letter. Letters from the tax man to both of us and each of us. Most things that are dated from an official source including bank statements and a letter from NS&I to my wife for premium bonds.

When you input all of the details into the FLR application at the end it will tell you exactly what is needed. Both jointly or individually.

I find the paperwork thing a bit of a pain. Everything is paperless / emails now. I literally get post once a month at most and Mrs is even scarcer hopefully it isn't going to screw us over next month lol

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    I find the paperwork thing a bit of a pain. Everything is paperless / emails now. I literally get post once a month at most and Mrs is even scarcer hopefully it isn't going to screw us over next month lol
    Yes it's a pain but it's the way you show you are together and it's a requirement to get FLR. At least you know about it 30 months before you have to apply and I know of others who have changed from paperless to make sure they have sufficient letters posted to them. I explained what I used in my previous post.

Member สมาชิก

Get a joint bank account and request paper statements..get her on your council tax bill and quarterly bills..

Cheers...