Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default 30 day visa extension or 14 day now only

Can someone confirm or deny that when you get a 30 day visa on arrival at Swampy it can only be extended by 14 days rather than the usual 30 days upon a payment of 1900 THB at any Immigration office..I have read on another forum that this is the case now?

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

30 days.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Old Hand มือเก่า

yes it is 30 days was on another thread and Keith mentioned it im sure it used to be 10 days a few years ago .

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Hi gents, just want to clarify what is needed to extend the 30 day visa you get when you arrive in Thailand for another 30 days, I believe I need the following
    copy of passport
    1 passport photo
    TM7 form filled in
    1,900 thb for extension fee
    flight ticket out of Thailand
    is there anything else required? I will be going to the immigration office in khon kaen hopefully early part of next week.
    many thanks
    essex boys

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Hi gents, just want to clarify what is needed to extend the 30 day visa you get when you arrive in Thailand for another 30 days, I believe I need the following
    copy of passport
    1 passport photo
    TM7 form filled in
    1,900 thb for extension fee
    flight ticket out of Thailand
    is there anything else required? I will be going to the immigration office in khon kaen hopefully early part of next week.
    many thanks
    essex boys
    may need a tm30 report to have been done. depends on office used

Steve187, thankfully I got the gf to do the TM30 for me staying in her house, and again she done the TM30 after we checked out of the hotel on Saturday morning, I'm off to khon kaen immigration office tomorrow to submit the paperwork for my extension of 30 days visa. The gf seems to think we will be in and out in a few minutes I'm thinking more like an hour best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Steve187, thankfully I got the gf to do the TM30 for me staying in her house, and again she done the TM30 after we checked out of the hotel on Saturday morning, I'm off to khon kaen immigration office tomorrow to submit the paperwork for my extension of 30 days visa. The gf seems to think we will be in and out in a few minutes ������ I'm thinking more like an hour best case scenario.
    Dont move to BKK a TM 30 in person takes all day with a two hour queue to get inside for when immigration opens
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

All be aware so fast how visa requirements change this and others i have just been on a Vietnam thread and there rules change like the weather .
    All i can say is read up to date rules and call back here i am sure someone will give you the correct advise .
    Just wish it was like British Airways say One World !

Done my 30 day visa extension on Friday in khon kaen immigration, quite busy so took about an hour to get it sorted out, I downloaded a TM7 form from another website only to find out that immigration have updated the form, fortunately I spotted this so I quickly filled out the new version, I just handed over the form with 1 passport sized photo attached copy of all my passport pages and each page signed by me, copy of my TM6 landing card ( the reverse bit that you normally hand back to immigration when you leave) and the 1,900 baht fee, the immigration officer looked through the form I had filled in looked closely at my passport pages, and then asked me to look into the camera on her pc ( pretty much like you do when entering Thailand) she then asked me to sit and wait, and within 5 minutes she was back with my passport which she stamped with my new 'allowed until ' date ( I did make sure I checked this date before I left her desk) and that was it extension granted, and off back to nam phong.