Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default BLS check list for schengen visa

Hi everyone.
    Travelling to BLS in London a couple of days to submit wife]s schengen visa & just found this document check list..

https://uk.blsspainvisa.com/edinburgh/pdf/checklist.pdf.

these 2 documents they require i knew nothing about & they worry

Sworn declaration for travel insurance signed by the applicant.

Authorization letter in favour of BLS International..

Does aanyone know where they are & were a can get them?

thanks in advance
    regards
    gibbage

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

just noticed the link i sent was for bls in edinburgh so maybe it doesn't apply to us as we are going to london?
    I have found their list & it is a lot different

https://uk.blsspainvisa.com/london/pdf/checklist.pdf

so now i am really puzzled?

Here is the link I found on the Embassy website:

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consula...sRequired.aspx

And this:

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajad...eSchengen.aspx

Assuming that you are a UK citizen and your wife has a BRP and you are travelling together the visa should be free and expedited showing minimal paperwork. It should take no longer than 15 days, if i remember correctly.

You should be able to go directly to the Embassy and not BLS. I found a line of text on the website but I can’t find it again. The Embassies do tend to bury it so that people feel that have to go via BLS. I would send them an email requesting a direct appointment or ask how you get a free visa via BLS.

This is the link to the application form PDF.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consula...a%20-%20EN.pdf

Note the following:

* The fields marked with * shall not be filled in by family members of EU, EEA or CH citizens (spouse, child or dependent ascendant) while exercising their right to free movement. Family members of EU, EEA or CH citizens shall present documents to prove this relationship and fill in fields no 34 and 35.

Old Hand มือเก่า

the whole process is very simple ,marriage certificate ,and BRP card she is your wife and the Spanish are breaking the law EU law .
    That is do not get worried bank statements you do not need ,travel insurance is not a requirement i have Barclays travel pack which is great by the way but not needed address not needed flights not needed basically you are exercising your freedom of movement ,
    on the thread i started is all that is needed for this visa type .

Member สมาชิก

thanks for the replies you have put my mind at rest
    regards
    gibbage

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Dont put your mind at rest you are entering a mine field I think you have to go through BLS but dont mention my name as I have accused them this year and the Embassy of making things difficult because of Brexit. I have had 4 Spanish visas last year and 1 this year. Arrived in March and for the first time wanted our marriage certificate stamped by Thai embassy next day did that then they wanted proof of us being together for sometime. Was not polite when told them they were holding the proof.
    They want proof of travel insurance and proof of where you are staying.
    The Spanish Consulate handles visas not the Embassy . I was thrown out of the above.
    Will be trying in a week or two again for September. In all 5 visas I have never been given more than a month oh and by the way make sure have the right form and it is filled in correctly. Be prepared for a long wait. They let me know the Friday at 10 am for the Sunday. Passport collection is between 4 and 5 oclock
    I wish you luck
    Melnathan

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    the whole process is very simple ,marriage certificate ,and BRP card she is your wife and the Spanish are breaking the law EU law .
    That is do not get worried bank statements you do not need ,travel insurance is not a requirement i have Barclays travel pack which is great by the way but not needed address not needed flights not needed basically you are exercising your freedom of movement ,
    on the thread i started is all that is needed for this visa type .
    It might be EU law but almost all embassies have their own take on things. Spain can be the most difficult.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    It might be EU law but almost all embassies have their own take on things. Spain can be the most difficult.
    yes i totally agree with you having looked at the requirements for Spain .
    So what is the point of being in the EU if its members have total disregard for its rules .
    list of documents needed for schengen visa for Germany
    (1)completed application form on there site signed with the same signature in the persons applying passport .
    (2)completed other notes form found on there website signed again
    (3)wifes passport +copy of the photo page they do ask for 2
    (4)my passport +copy of the photo page
    (5)marriage certificate original and translation +photocopy of both
    (6)wifes brp card +photocopy of back and front of it
    (7)£21.60 =£5.60 there fees and £15.00 for passport postage back (by card payment)
    PS I do know what it is like when you are somewhere and you feel like banging your head against the wall due to someone not knowing the rules a MEXICAN STANDOFF .
    I have seen somewhere that the Spanish even try charging you for this visa would be interesting to read MR T views on this .

What a nightmere with BLS this morning. They have changed the rules on 1 July first told the application page was unobtainable, found another way in but you now have to fill in the form online before you can make an appointment that in itself was a minefield took me 1 1/4 hours. I know I am dim on this type of form filling but not stupid. However I got there in the end, going on the 6 th
    Is it me or.....watch this space
    Melnathan

The irony of this does make me chuckle.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Well went to BLS last Tuesday. More rule changes Ist wanted 3 month s of wifes bank statements showing £800.00 Informed them if we had that in her account we wouldn't be going to Spain also said I didn't want to buy Spain only wanted to go for 5 days. Then they didn't like the letter from her work because it was dated March ( from our last visa ) then wanted copies of her last visas whilst holding her passport in his hand with them in.
    At this point a very nice lady intervened and things changed. Its not us its the Embassy I was told. Anyway the application was then accepted so we wait with baited breath. I did get a smile when I asked was this because of brexit?
    Melnathan

If she is your wife and you are travelling together you shouldn't have to provide financial info.

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    If she is your wife and you are travelling together you shouldn't have to provide financial info.
    I think in the current environment they could ask for the moon and we haven't got a leg to stand on.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

I think in the current environment they could ask for the moon and we haven't got a leg to stand on.
    No change there then

Jan received her passport back with a visa for Spain today, big surprise 6 months and multi entry Not bad with a weeks turnaround as well.Roll on September 8 th
    Melnathan

I got a schengen visa via the Germany Embassy and there go between was very easy and did not want half the info I had took eg travel insurance. They were keen to point out I will need it all after Oct 31 and the visa they gave my wife is valid till Oct 31.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I got a schengen visa via the Germany Embassy and there go between was very easy and did not want half the info I had took eg travel insurance. They were keen to point out I will need it all after Oct 31 and the visa they gave my wife is valid till Oct 31.
    correct that is what i got till Brexit day ,
    so i am shocked melnathan that you got 6 months maybe the Spanish are just dumb but after the 31st you could find that you need a visa .

You may be right. Now I think I know what they want it might and I say might be easier.
    IF we do pull out in Oct Jan will still need visas but so will I. Ha Ho.
    Melnathan