Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think you are wrong and six years is a long time in visa terms. If the couple are married the decision could be very different but as they are not without any reason to return, the application is unlikely to succeed.

Here is just one refusal that was posted on here a while back referring to the applicant's source of funds being solely in the UK. I have seen many more.

refusal1.jpg

This is a completely pointless argument refusals are for any number of reasons and generally are dependent on many different factors. Maybe the guidelines have changed recently but no one on the forum can say with any degree of certainty that an application will definitely fail or succeed.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Old Hand มือเก่า

That letter from the ECO shows countless errors made by the applicant the first one being a teacher employed then having a interview then signing the form after she had given up work more holes in that then a piece of cheese .and she based it on family ties as a reason to return .
    Do not lie on your application .this is all it shows and you will be refused .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    That letter from the ECO shows countless errors made by the applicant the first one being a teacher employed then having a interview then signing the form after she had given up work more holes in that then a piece of cheese .and she based it on family ties as a reason to return .
    Do not lie on your application .this is all it shows and you will be refused .
    Yes there are other reasons but the final paragraph is just to illustrate my point about finances solely coming from her boyfriend in the UK. If they were married things would be different. The OP has visited her twice for three weeks at a time in one year.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    This is a completely pointless argument refusals are for any number of reasons and generally are dependent on many different factors. Maybe the guidelines have changed recently but no one on the forum can say with any degree of certainty that an application will definitely fail or succeed.
    I agree but if you read the original post she has no real reason to return. She has no job and is totally relying on funds from her boyfriend in the UK and has visited twice in one year. All I am saying is that it is unlikely that the visa will be granted. If she had a job she would have a reason to return in the eyes of the ECO.

I'm waiting for others like Tobias to weigh in and give his opinion because I think they will agree with me. It is a discussion, not an argument.

I would have a bet that a refusal will follow if the OP's girlfriend applies for the VV based solely on their relationship.

Rookie มือใหม่

Yes I’m beginning to see that for an extra chance of a successful application she really does need to be employed. After all the more things in her favour for returning to Thailand is surely a good thing and besides she does like to work and is currently waiting on an opening in a jewelleries factory, if this doesn’t happen I am sure she will find work in some other factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustbemad View Post
    Yes I’m beginning to see that for an extra chance of a successful application she really does need to be employed. After all the more things in her favour for returning to Thailand is surely a good thing and besides she does like to work and is currently waiting on an opening in a jewelleries factory, if this doesn’t happen I am sure she will find work in some other factory.
    It will make a big difference to her chances of getting a VV.

In 2015 my wife (then girlfriend) had a job as a the restaurant manager in a hotel and her employer provided a letter stating she could have a months holiday and they would keep her job open while she was away. While she was here in the UK she was made redundant and her 4 week holiday extended to 18 weeks as she had no job to return to. Her visa was a six month, multi entry visa. (Most are).

For her second visa she applied for two years and requested a six week holiday to visit me and my family for Christmas. I explained that we were planning our future together, that we couldn’t imagine life without each other and that I was, by then, financially supporting her. I also explained why she had stayed for 18 weeks and not four. It's quite ok to do that as long as you explain why in the next visa application.

I have read EVERY refusal notice posted in this forum since 2002. The reason visit visas tend to get refused are because claims are made which are not backed up with evidence. The applications have more holes than a sieve. They are not refused because of lack of a job or funds being sent from the UK.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I am shocked no one has ever put the onus back to the ECO reason to return !
    I am not sure how far they will get .
    1,I can not work or get a job in the UK
    2,I will not be able to access the NHS
    3,I can not open a bank account.
    4,I risk getting a ten year or life time ban
    5,I would be a prisoner in a foreign country
    I suppose all them would come under I know the law and rules and would not want to jeopardize any further foreign travel so so so .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    I am shocked no one has ever put the onus back to the ECO reason to return !
    I am not sure how far they will get .
    1,I can not work or get a job in the UK
    2,I will not be able to access the NHS
    3,I can not open a bank account.
    4,I risk getting a ten year or life time ban
    5,I would be a prisoner in a foreign country
    I suppose all them would come under I know the law and rules and would not want to jeopardize any further foreign travel so so so .
    Because that is not the ECO's job! The onus is on the applicant to show they will return to Thailand.

I have known a few Thais that work here illegally and have stayed for years and they have dropped off the radar. The idea that they cannot access the NHS is laughable as many doctors refuse to check who is legible to use it. The idea that they cannot work is also laughable. Have you ever heard of the black economy? A large Asian supermarket near me that sold a lot of Thai stuff and river prawns etc was shut down recently while they checked all the staff. Most were working illegally and being paid peanuts. Most don't care that they might get banned and don't worry about the rules until they get caught. Why would they need a bank account when they are paid in cash. Western Union is happy to take cash so they can send money home to their family.

Samsung. You are normally full of, mostly, good advice. I have no idea why you currently think it's fine for an applicant to expect to get a visit visa successfully when they have no reason to return.