Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: ILR Fees

  1. #1
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    18 Jul 2002
    Location
    Brighton, Sussex
    Posts
    80

    Default ILR Fees

    Sorry if has been posted before. I have tried to find more info but cannot see anywhere.
    My Wife ILR ends next year.
    Please can you tell me the Fee to extend?

    She entered on Fiance Visa January 2018 and then extended to 2 years from July 2018. So I am pretty sure it will end July 2020.

    Many Thanks
    Terry & Way

  2. #2
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    hi terry and way do you not mean FLR .
    Rasg will be the best to answer this for you has his wife has gone the same route and i am sure he and the wife has just been successful on there last application .

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry & Way View Post
    Sorry if has been posted before. I have tried to find more info but cannot see anywhere.
    My Wife ILR ends next year.
    Please can you tell me the Fee to extend?

    She entered on Fiance Visa January 2018 and then extended to 2 years from July 2018. So I am pretty sure it will end July 2020.
    Presumably you mean her FLR and not ILR will run out?

    FLR is for 30 months, not 24 months. You need to check the expiry on her BRP to be sure of the date that it expires. She will need a second FLR which you need to apply for just before her existing FLR expires.

    Which language test did she use for her current FLR? It needed to be a minimum of A1 for her fiancée visa. For the second FLR she will need to do the A2 test. B1 is required for ILR but my wife took B1 early which is good for her second FLR and ILR. It has saved £150 if the government don't change the rules again. If she already has a B1 language test you can ignore this paragraph.

    The NHS surcharge is £1000 and the visa itself is £1033.

  4. #4
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    18 Jul 2002
    Location
    Brighton, Sussex
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Thanks for reply guys. On the Government website it says Visa's made in the UK are as follows £1033 for further leave to remain and £2389 for indefinite leave to remain. It does not mention English exams.
    With the NHS surcharge is says £600 for 2 years or £2000 for 5 years.
    If anyone has anymore info please. I will try to find a number to call and post here.

    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...lity-fees-2018

    https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigr...n/how-much-pay

  5. #5
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    Yes English exams are needed A2 English is the minimum requirement you will have to put your wife's pass number on the application form .
    The NHS surcharge is now £400 per year hence you have to pay £1000 for the 2 and half year visa .this has doubled in the last 2 years it used to be £200 per year.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry & Way View Post
    Thanks for reply guys. On the Government website it says Visa's made in the UK are as follows £1033 for further leave to remain and £2389 for indefinite leave to remain. It does not mention English exams.
    With the NHS surcharge is says £600 for 2 years or £2000 for 5 years.
    If anyone has anymore info please. I will try to find a number to call and post here.

    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...lity-fees-2018

    https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigr...n/how-much-pay
    It went up. You are looking at the figures for 2018.

    https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

    The £600 figure you are looking at was the fee for a 33 month settlement visa if you got married in Thailand, last year. Thoughtfully rounded up by UKVI. It was £200 each year. Now it is £400 a year. I know as I had to pay it back in April...

    You haven’t mentioned which language test your wife has.

  7. #7
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    3 Oct 2009
    Location
    Hertfordshire/Thakanto Kalasin
    Posts
    540

    Default

    I raised this point sometime ago but didn't get a proper answer. My wife has ILR and her BRP card is dated until 2022 Does ILR mean Indefinate ie for ever or does it have to be renewed She is employed and pays NI and income tax.
    Look forward to an answer
    Melnathan

  8. #8
    Premium Member Elad's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Hi
    My wife has just recently received her BRP for ILR, and the card expires 31/12/2024
    I think you have to update the photo on the card every 5 years or so, it doesn't mean you have to apply for another ILR.

    ILR is forever, providing they don't stay out of the UK for a certain period of time (think it's something like two years).

  9. #9
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    But they still get £20 out of you every 5 years .or is it free i doubt it if only .

  10. #10
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 May 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,258
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    My wife has ILR and her BRP card is dated until 2022
    Will she not be applying for citizenship well before then?

  11. #11
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    what is the major difference in applying for citizenship or just keeping ILR ?
    or benefit.

  12. #12
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 May 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,258
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    From my/our point of view citizenship is our end goal. From a practical point of view it'll at the very least make things like holidays closer to home easier without having to worry about applying for visas etc
    For my wife I think there's also an element of face as most of her long term Thai friends already have citizenship. I know she'll be very proud of herself when she achieves it

  13. #13
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    I thought that might be the reason easier ,but i do think very soon or near future even us UK guys it will become a cost to go anywhere ,and having to apply all be it just a money making exercise but its on its way .
    I have not gone into it to much but changes could be on the way and maybe we will have to way up the cost and benefit .Remember 20 years ago we would turn up at the us border and there you go 90 days not no more a cost and a application is needed before hand i think i am right .

  14. #14
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    I thought that might be the reason easier ,but i do think very soon or near future even us UK guys it will become a cost to go anywhere ,and having to apply all be it just a money making exercise but its on its way .
    I have not gone into it to much but changes could be on the way and maybe we will have to way up the cost and benefit .Remember 20 years ago we would turn up at the us border and there you go 90 days not no more a cost and a application is needed before hand i think i am right .
    You maybe referring to ESTA authorization for the USA, valid for visits of 90 days or less and lasts for two years, also multi-entry IE we flew from Ft Lauderdale > Panama > Miami thus starting another 90 days, it does have a cost but I cant remember what it was and need a full British Passport applied for online.
    bangkok mags

  15. #15
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    3 Oct 2009
    Location
    Hertfordshire/Thakanto Kalasin
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Toddmeister, thanks for your imput. The first requirement of citizenship is Life in the UK, but although being her for 9 years she cannot read English apart from reading her payslip every month. So its visas for Spain and carry on with ILR
    Melnathan

  16. #16
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 May 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,258
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    but if she has ILR she has LITUK though?

  17. #17
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    its a minimum cost but still added cost to being free ,i did not know it last for 2 years so it is not to bad in the scheme of things .

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    but if she has ILR she has LITUK though?


    If you read the original post, the OP's wife entered the UK in January last year on a Settlement (Fiancée) visa and it's not possible for her to have ILR yet. She will be on her first FLR.

    No sign of the OP for a week now on this.

    I've just realised you are answering a different question.

    Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    but if she has ILR she has LITUK though?
    If she came here pre-2012 she can have ILR without LITUK. A couple of friends are in that situation. They need LITUK to get citizenship.

  19. #19
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    3 Oct 2009
    Location
    Hertfordshire/Thakanto Kalasin
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Rasg your last line is spot on
    Melnathan

  20. #20
    Premium Member sisaket's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 Jan 2007
    Location
    UK / Bangkok
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    If she came here pre-2012 she can have ILR without LITUK. A couple of friends are in that situation. They need LITUK to get citizenship.
    This is true Mrs acquired British Citizenship in 2011 the only test of any type she done en-route citizen / passport was LITUK test. I had no idea they now need LITUK pass for ILR. but im not surprised the amount of times the UK GOV move the goalposts.
    bangkok mags

Similar Threads

  1. IIR fees
    By Jimmycabs in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th Jun 2019, 14:50
  2. Visa Fees/Hidden Fees
    By Flip in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd Sep 2017, 16:20
  3. New fees as from 01.10.10
    By John in forum British Citizenship and Naturalisation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th Sep 2010, 19:28
  4. SWIFT fees
    By Ernesto in forum Banking / Sending Money Abroad
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 31st Dec 2009, 10:51
  5. Amphur Office fees & Ministry of FA fees
    By fsh76 in forum Thai Visas, Documents, etc.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th Sep 2009, 11:28

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •