Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILR application

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default ILR application

Hi All

I’ve almost completed my wifes online ILR application and ready to push the button before booking her appointment. I’ve also pulled together the majority of our documents to upload to the UKVCAS site. She is here under the pre-July '12 rules (2 year route). Currently on her third FLRM. I’m pretty sure I’ve got everything covered but can anyone spot anything I may have missed……

Wifes current and previous passports
    Bio Residence Permit
    Copy of my passport (every page)
    Copy of our Sons passport (every page)
    Our Sons birth certificate
    Signed Spouse declaration
    LITUK pass letter
    Trinity College London B1 certificate
    Marriage cert & translation
    Employment letter for Applicant
    Employment letter for Spouse
    Payslips and P60 for applicant
    Payslips and P60 for Spouse
    Bank statement for applicant showing 6 months
    Bank statements for spouse showing 6 months
    Letter from our Sons school confirming his address
    Copy record card from our Son’s doctor confirming his address
    Mortgage statement for our house

Evidence in Joint names:-
    Council tax bill 2018
    Council tax bill 2019
    HMRC letter 2019
    Water bill July ‘19
    Letter from housebuilder confirming reservation of our new house 2019
    ***4x of the above are dated 2019 so I’m supplying more documents addressed individually spread over the period since last visa issued***

Evidence addressed to us individually showing same address:-
    Letter from Home Office addressed to my wife
    Letter from bank addressed to my wife
    2x Letters from HMRC addressed to my wife
    British Gas bill in my name
    TV Licence in my name 2018
    TV licence in my name 2019
    Loan Statement in my name July '18

Many Thanks

Presumably your list is the one that is coughed up when you have completed the application?

The only thing I can think of is if your wife has ever changed her name or any divorce papers. If any of course.

Old Hand มือเก่า

super good luck with this Lets have some more good news along with Elad s good news !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Presumably your list is the one that is coughed up when you have completed the application?

The only thing I can think of is if your wife has ever changed her name or any divorce papers. If any of course.
    Pretty much. I printed the checklist page just before end of the application. Got all of the "mandatory" documents no probs and the rest is based on the guidance. No previous marriage or relevant paperwork to go with that.

Are they original posted bank statements? If not have you had them stamped and dated or validated with a letter from the bank?

Blog Entries

Yes wifes is original and I've ordered paper copies of my own from the bank just waiting for them to arrive

It looks like you have everything covered.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Apart from silly mistakes which we all can do no one excluded ,you will Know deep down yourself yes this is it .
    I did with the wife's last FLM i knew it was right and the lady in the post office said to me it looks like i have just taken 2 years of your life when i passed it to her and she said you just want to get rid of this and smiled at me i felt good and confident .
    But with this new online application i am not so sure or more worried .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    But with this new online application i am not so sure or more worried .
    I found it easier and I had so much of it already scanned on the computer from the four other visas my wife had applied for. The online version is easier as it generates a list of required documents when you have input all of the information. If your wife's next visa is another FLR make sure you download the FM-SE appendix guidelines. There is no mention of the them on the application at all. My guess is that it's similar for ILR.

Old Hand มือเก่า

All depends on a successful pass with the life in the UK if the wife passes it will be ILR i hope so .
    its just hit that button how many times i have done that with emails at work and gone no! i should not have pressed send.
    But that might be just pressure from work where i will be focused and chilled when i do this .

Blog Entries

Samsung I agree with rasg. I was worried about doing the online application as it is obviously a new way of doing things compared to previous applications. But it is much easier. You are prompted/asked if you have the relevant documents at each stage and it's broken down into a few sections. If you need to check something or need a break you can simply save the application and it emails a link to you which returns you to where you left off when you log in again.
    The hardest part for me has been scanning all of our documents as there's quite a lot of pages (every page of passport for example) but I've just been going into work early and doing that before it gets busy.
    The good thing is I now have all the documents scanned to upload to the UKVCAS site, plus on a USB, as well as my laptop for future reference and my wife will hand the originals in to send away at her appointment. Should be completing it today

You don't need to scan your wife's passport. They use a special passport scanner at the UKVCAS centres and they only scan used pages. They don't bother with blank pages. I'm assuming that the same applies to ILR as it does to FLR. We went for my wife's FLR2 back in April using the new system.

As you have scanned your own documents all that will be done is a photo and biometrics. They will then double check all of your scans against the computer generated list.

The only way you will get a free appointment is if you use one of the six "core" UKVCAS centres. The others are between £60 and £120 for the appointment. Lots of "enhanced" services so they can really milk it

The main UKVCAS website doesn’t give you a list of the "core" centres and there was little information available on the web but there is more now. The website only allows you to input a postcode, not a town. A pain for me as I am just west of London and I would rather drive an hour down a motorway than brave the traffic with a drive into London.

I found this:

Of the 57 UKVCAS centres, 6 will be core service centres which will offer free appointments. The 6 core centres will be in Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast and Croydon.

50 enhanced service points will be accessible in several cities in libraries across the UK and will charge for appointments. Exact fees have not been confirmed as yet, but services available will include next day appointments, documentation checking and an on-demand VIP service.
    A premium lounge located in central London will also be available offering high-speed Wi-Fi and business facilities.

Blog Entries

You don't need to scan your wife's passport. They use a special passport scanner at the UKVCAS centres and they only scan used pages. They don't bother with blank pages. I'm assuming that the same applies to ILR as it does to FLR. We went for my wife's FLR2 back in April using the new system.

The only way you will get a free appointment is if you use one of the six "core" UKVCAS centres. The others are between £60 and £120 for the appointment. Lots of "enhanced" services so they can really milk it
    I haven't scanned my wifes passport as you have to provide all originals for the applicant. I've scanned both mine and our sons passports of which it says provide copies of every page.

There is a centre 20mins up the road from us in Newcastle. I guess not a core centre but it would cost me just as much in petrol/hassle to travel to Manchester anyway which is the next closest core centre. So not too bothered about paying for a closer centre

Blog Entries

FYI here is a list of all the locations with opening times etc...........

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/s...eningHours.pdf

Cheers

That's a much better source of info than the Sopra Steria website and it was updated in June. Sopra Steria is not a great name for the company in the UK. I think of it as Sopra Hysteria.

Blog Entries

Hi again

So I've submitted, paid and booked my wifes appointment. Unfortunately the earliest suitable appointment for us is in 3 weeks time. Even checking multiple cities availability wasn't good so worth bearing that in mind anyone who is submitting anything in the near future.

Anyway, I've started uploading our documents into the categories listed on the site. However, it's not too clear where some of the documents should go. Here is a list on the categories:-

Other
    Residence In the UK
    Finances
    Proof of Business
    Life Events
    Medical Info
    Sponsors/Employment
    Educational

Some are straightforward enough - eg I've put Marriage certs, our sons birth certificate in Life Events. My employment letter, payslips, P60 etc under Sponsors/Employment.
    But some things I'm not sure about. For example would I put my wifes English cert under Educational or Residence in the UK? I'm guessing her LITUK pass letter would go under Residence in the UK as well as all our letters addressed to us as joitn cohabitation? My wife's employment letter and payslips I'm guessing under Finances?

Cheers

I had the same quandary and if I remember I did the same as you are suggesting.

I don't think it matters that much as long as you name the documents clearly.

It would help if it was possible to make your own categories or they had more categories that were named properly.

Blog Entries

Thanks, I'm sure they'll find everything easily enough but the categories could have been much more definitive IMO.

I assume you can also take original documents to the appointment for them to send away? The reason I ask is my payslips are printed on a carbon type paper and the scans are terrible, some figures are illegible so I was going to upload what I have but give them the originals to send away?

Also under "proof of application" its asking for my wifes passport. I wasn't going to scan that as I thought they would keep the original. Will I have to scan this before the appointment or can I just do that at the appointment?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post

I assume you can also take original documents to the appointment for them to send away? The reason I ask is my payslips are printed on a carbon type paper and the scans are terrible, some figures are illegible so I was going to upload what I have but give them the originals to send away?
    Hi
    It might work better if you take photos of the payslips with your phone, transfer them to the laptop and then upload them to the UKVCAS website.
    UKVCAS don't send original documents to the home office, they only scan them, and they might have the same problem as you with the carbon paper.

Blog Entries

Hi Elad
    I've tried photos too and still just as bad. The text is so faint, or appears that way whichever I try to do them on scans and copies. The originals are fine which is why I was hoping I could send those. Oh well. I've got a letter from work confirming salary, P60, plus bank statements showing salary payments in so hopefully that will be enough to satisfy them if they can't read the payslips