Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ILR Queries

Member สมาชิก

Default ILR Queries

Hi All,

The wife's ILR is due shortly and we have been preparing all of the documentation required - similar to that of the previous two FLR with the exception of the now required LITUK and B1 English Certificate.

We haven't started the online application yet which is completely new to us and if i am honest i am feeling very apprehensive about. We have been reading online for some time to get an idea on what if anything else has changed with this new system.

We have a few queries regarding the documents required and hope some of you learned folks will be able to help. . . . as you always do

Firstly for the ILR do you need to provide a cover letter from the applicant and sponsor? This is something we did for all previous visa's.

Secondly do we need to provide photo's of us together - showing we are a couple? Again this is something we have done previously but after some online reading it appears it may not be necessary?

We are seriously considering using the Premium Service for a same day result, does anyone have any experience with this service and the new online application? If we opt for this would we have to upload all our documents to the Sopra Steria UKVCAS site? Or do we just take the original docs. with us on the day and let them copy them?

The Premium Service doesn't sit well with me as being a Yorkshire man i begrudge spending more than i have to, £2300 is already eye wateringly excessive IMHO but if it meant we didn't have to upload 10's of documents it would be the deal maker for us.

As always your advise and counsel are very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Pete and Kob

Quote Originally Posted by HullChangNoi View Post
    Hi All,

Firstly for the ILR do you need to provide a cover letter from the applicant and sponsor? This is something we did for all previous visa's.
    No cover letters needed for FLR / ILR

Secondly do we need to provide photo's of us together - showing we are a couple? Again this is something we have done previously but after some online reading it appears it may not be necessary?
    No photos needed, just letters of correspondence in joint names or single names for proof of living together.

We are seriously considering using the Premium Service for a same day result, does anyone have any experience with this service and the new online application? If we opt for this would we have to upload all our documents to the Sopra Steria UKVCAS site? Or do we just take the original docs. with us on the day and let them copy them?
    Whether you choose normal service or super priority service, UKVCAS will treat you the same. You have a choice of uploading the docs yourself or you can let UKVCAS do it for you free of charge. Personally i would upload them yourself and rename each file accordingly making it easier for the home office to read.

UKVCAS advise you to take all your original documents with you to the appointment, even if you've uploaded them yourself.

Elad has been through the ILR process for his wife recently and knows it better than almost anybody.

I wrote a sponsor letter for my wife's recent FLR but we have an unusual financial situation and I felt I needed to explain it properly.

Anybody who pays for the premium service has to a bit bonkers or they have far too much money.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

completed my wife's online ILR application last week and now waiting for her appointment.
    No need for cover letter or photos. The online application is easy. Much easier than the paper version IMO. I completed it in stages over a week or so. I kept going back to it when I was sure I had all the documents it was asking for. You just save the application and an email link is sent to you so you can pick up where you left off.
    When you complete and pay the fee (it's actually £2403, I think I paid, including the biometrics fee) you are then sent a link to register on the UKVCAS site to book an appointment. We don't live close to a "core" centre so I paid £60 for my wife's appointment much closer to home. Please note availability was bad at all of the test centres I tried and we have to wait 3 weeks for a suitable appointment. If you book on a weekend or out of hours the fee is higher. Scanning the documents is a bit of a chore but it will have to be done at the appointment anyway if you don't do it yourself which to mean will just mean a much longer appointment. Plus you'll still have to pull all the documents together anyway. Again I just did it a little every day over a week or so. You can upload documents (I believe) up until 10.00pm on the day of your appointment just incase you miss something. Some of my scans are a little dodgy copy wise (payslips) so my wife will be taking all originals to the appointment as recommended above.
    Personally if money was no object I would have possibly considered the next day option, just for peace of mind as I believe decision times are around 4 months from what my wife has been reading on similar Thai forums. However, having just bought a new house and being skint we'll just have to wait and be patient

I found that scanning myself was a much better idea. Like Toddmeister, I did it over a few days but you can double check that you have everything. If you see how busy the centres are it is far easier for a caseworker to miss a document than doing it yourself imho.

The appointment is much quicker too as all the caseworker has to do is check all of the documents that you have uploaded and take your wife's biometrics. Don't bother scanning your wife's passport or BRP. They use special scanners for them. You do need to print out the barcode sheet that is coughed out at the end of the computer application process. It's needed for the biometrics.

When you input all of your data into the web form it will generate a list of all of the documents that are required. Make sure you find an up to date PDF of the guidelines. With FLR there was no mention of them on the web application at all and I would think the same applies to ILR.

I think it's a much easier process than the old way of doing things and I think the decisions are getting quicker and quicker as the ECO has everything on their computer desktop and they are not having to wade to through tons of paperwork. My wife's first FLR took 7 weeks. Her latest FLR was just over 4 weeks.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Did elad pay for the premium service only to be declined and have to fight against the outcome which he won i wonder if he was entitled to his extra money back as it was a mistake on there behalf .I do believe.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks to you all,

I think most of the reason for my apprehension is that it is a new system for me this time, I don’t like change haha but then we don’t have a choice. . .

It is reassuring hearing people have done it so that gives me confidence, will start the online application tonight and see how I get on, I’m sure I will be back with more questions.

Regarding our home, is the Mortgage statement and Land Registry confirmation letter all that is required? For previous visas I have included photos of the house and a floor plan? Not sure it was ever required but always opted for the belts and braces approach.

We have opted to go for the standard application. As I mentioned previously it didn’t sit easily with me paying the extra, part of our original thinking was to try and get the ILR and UK Citizenship done before Brexit and avoid any possible changes to the immigration policy. Again not a lot we can do about it now so we will just hope any changes are given a period of grace before going into policy and effect. We will keep the £800 and use it for a family holiday when all is done.

Thanks
    Pete & Kob

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    Did elad pay for the premium service only to be declined and have to fight against the outcome which he won i wonder if he was entitled to his extra money back as it was a mistake on there behalf .I do believe.
    Yes, we paid for the priority service and I'm sort of glad we did. If we had gone for normal service then we would've been waiting up to six months for the decision, and with a refusal it could have taken us well into next year to be granted ILR.
    We have just submitted an application for citizenship, and fingers crossed she will have it by the end of this year.

Old Hand มือเก่า

so glad you and misses gained ILR ,amd good luck with the citizenship sure it will be a breeze
    Thats the end result .
    But you did say you paid for it the prem service because you and the wife get stressed i can not imagine what you have been through i was just thinking some sort of compo you can not put that stress on to someone because they made a mistake someone has to be held responsible ,
    Not so sure on the legal view but its not right on the moral view ,but i can understand that your thinking right now is i am glad i do not have to deal with them again.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Will you being using the Hull Library Centre or going somewhere else ? Please keep us updated as to how it all goes..
    Thanks..

I think most of the reason for my apprehension is that it is a new system for me this time, I don’t like change haha but then we don’t have a choice. . .

Regarding our home, is the Mortgage statement and Land Registry confirmation letter all that is required? For previous visas I have included photos of the house and a floor plan? Not sure it was ever required but always opted for the belts and braces approach.
    It's a much better system and visas are being turned around faster as the ECOs are not having to wade through tons of bits of paper. My wife's first FLR - 7 weeks. Her second FLR - just over four weeks.

My mortgage statement and Council tax statement were sufficient for FLR and I have no doubt it will be the same for ILR. The council tax statement also doubled up as proof that we both still live together as it has both of us on the bill and it is addressed to the two of us.

Blog Entries

Yes the only thing they ask for is proof of council tax and mortgage statement

Member สมาชิก

Cheers guys for your support

Tudorowen1 - yes we plan to use the Hull Central Library centre, speaking to a local couple who used it said the availability of the centre was ok but the staff were very inexperienced with the processes etc. Doesn’t fill me with confidence but I will keep you all posted on how we get on.

Thanks
    Pete & Kob

All I've ever used for any of my wife's visas including her first two visit visas.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Cheers guys for your support

Tudorowen1 - yes we plan to use the Hull Central Library centre, speaking to a local couple who used it said the availability of the centre was ok but the staff were very inexperienced with the processes etc. Doesn’t fill me with confidence but I will keep you all posted on how we get on.
    Presumably now they will have some experience under their belts.

When I took my wife to Reading library back in May the whole visa system, UK wide, went down for four hours. We were lucky as many people decided to go back another day who were before us in the queue. Turned out the three staff actually worked and were paid for by the library but they weren't kids and seemed to know what they were doing.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks guys,

Fingers crossed rasg, we was in the city centre today so popped into the library for a recce so to speak. All looked calm and professional and a pleasant surprise to be fair. I was expecting anarchy and a free for all given my towns reputation.

When you upload your files online, do you scan them as individual files or group them together? For instance bank statements, scab and title each page with a unique name or group monthly or all together? Same for payslips etc? Appreciate 6mb is the limitation on file sizes.

Not sure it matters that much and maybe overthinking it but just want to follow the norms.

Thanks
    Pete & Kob

Hi
    You can group the files such as bank statements, providing the file size doesn't exceed 6 MB

Blog Entries

it'll depend on amount of pages etc. I ordered paper copies of all my bank statements which would have been impossible to upload as one document. I've broken everything down and uploaded as simply as possible to make them easy to find. Titled everything logically e.g. One bank statement per month, payslip per month as individual uploads. For my passport I copied 2x pages onto one A4 sheet then scanned them in to reduce the number of pages (you have to copy even blank pages)
    There is no limit to the amount of uploads. I'm pretty much done (appointments on Monday next week) and I think my document uploads is into the 60's

Hi toddmeister

You can use online bank statements for the applications. I use Natwest online banking and it allows you to download any 12 month period in PDF format, the file size was only around 1.2 MB. Doing it this way saves you from scanning and also saves a lot of time.

I know many others say you need original statements from your bank, I have used online statements for all my wife's applications and never had a problem with them.

Blog Entries

I ordered the originals because at first I thought they still sent them away to the home office at the appointment, even though it's uploaded too. I realise they don't now and it's all uploads. It does also says in the application that internet statements are not accepted as proof of finances and any online statements must bear the banks stamp on each page. However I appreciate many have supplied them with no issues. Its done now anyway. I've supplied (copies of) originals of my account which my salary is paid into up until June but an internet PDF of most recent statement. I've only supplied an internet statement of our joint savings account as we only get one annually for that anyway. My wife's statement covered a six month period over 9 pages which I managed to get onto one upload too so not too bad.

How long does the appointment usually last? Assuming all is in order and everything is scanned in an acceptable way?

Cheers

I scanned each page that I wanted to put together and saved as JPEGs. I then used Acrobat (not the reader app) which I downloaded from the Adobe website on a 7 day trial to create multiple page PDFs with all the JPEGs in order and then named them. File size are a lot smaller too.

My Santander statements have Online statement at the top of them. I wasn't willing to take the chance.

My wife's FLR appointment took around 20 minutes when we were finally seen.