Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 90 day visa

Rookie มือใหม่

Default 90 day visa

my friend has just visited the thai embassy in London to get a new multi entry O visa they informed him that he has to do it online and get a bar code and revisit the embassy can any one help what bar code is this and were on line do you get application form any help appreciated

Welcome to the Forum

Just sent of my 60 day visa and ALL visa's must be done online now.

Here is a link to the Thai Embassy Visa site

And in that page there is a link "In order to access online visa application, please go to"
    https://thaievisa.go.th/Home

He will need a lot of patience (site keeps crashing), will need to create a profile (sign up as individual) and a lot of documents to upload, if its anything like mine was.

Doc requirements.jpg

There are a couple of head scratching bits on the application. Where you need to state the address you will stay at in Thailand, the phone number section has a bug, it will allow you to input a 10 digit number but when saved it puts 2 spaces in the number and chops of the last digit.
    I have sent off to the Embassy about this and they are aware of it and say just put the number in and leave as is when it saves (chopping off the last digit).

On the last page (Documentation as picture above) #7 requests proof of residency. If he is British he can just upload his passport page again (as agreed by Thai embassy).

The bar code they have told him he needs is a page that you have to print out after you have completed all of the visa and paid online.

He can attend in person, if he does he has to make an appointment on line, print the documents required (bar code page etc. etc. then attend at the embassy at agreed time).

You are able to still post the application off (as I have just done) but you still have to fill in and pay online. It gives you the option to select "Attend" or "Post" after paying.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

So does the Thai Consulate in Hull not still do walk in 60 day tourist visas?

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    So does the Thai Consulate in Hull not still do walk in 60 day tourist visas?
    Too far for me as is London. Post is easy (after all the hassle )

From the Thai Embassy Visa site "Please note that the Royal Thai Consulates in Cardiff, Gibraltar, Glasgow, Hull, and Liverpool in the UK, and in Dublin, Ireland, will continue to receive and process visa applications in the same way. Those who wish to apply for visa at the Royal Thai Consulates can continue to do so as usual."

Oh, and it is now £30, paid online (plus £10 cash in the envelope return postage).
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Rookie มือใหม่

Thank you my friend might have to find an agent in London to do it

Old Hand มือเก่า

Why do they insist on cash was the same when my wife got her new passport in London ?

Quote Originally Posted by bcw123 View Post
    Thank you my friend might have to find an agent in London to do it
    Just post it. Yes the online is a bit of hassle but save you the trouble and cost of looking for an agent.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    Why do they insist on cash was the same when my wife got her new passport in London ?
    Why does anybody insist on cash
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Perhaps they havent got a bank account !!!!!!!?
    melnathan

It's only the return postage you pay in cash. The visa is paid for online, through Kasikorn Bank I think it was.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Member สมาชิก

The London Embassy no longer issue multi entry O visas - only single entry O visa.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcw123 View Post
    my friend has just visited the thai embassy in London to get a new multi entry O visa they informed him that he has to do it online and get a bar code and revisit the embassy can any one help what bar code is this and were on line do you get application form any help appreciated

Member สมาชิก

The London Embassy no longer issue multi entry O visas - only single entry O visa.
    Since the on-line application was introduced in June,the only multi entry visas issued are Tourist and O-A visas.

it would seem a yearly extension in Thailand is required for long term stayers, finamcials required, or a visit to friendly local countries to Thailand, Savannakhet , HCMC and Kuala lumpur ( appointment required) savannakhet and HCMC do not require any financials for non immigrant 'o' married to Thai national visa