Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default FLR(m) folders when uploading scanned documentation

Hi,

Next month I will be submitting my application for FLR(M) under the new system and as I understand it you need to scan and upload documents prior to the physical appointment. Does anyone know what folders that they give you and which documentation needs to go in each. I would hope that it would be fairly obvious but I know this may not be the case, so if anyone has any recent experience of this, it would be as always greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    David

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Recently did my wife's ILR application but I'm sure they'll be same or similar. The categories were things like Finances, Education, Life Events, Sponsor/employment, etc.
    Most are pretty obvious but on the ones where I wasn't sure or I felt it could go under more than one category I uploaded the same document to multiple categories "just in case". There are not that many so wherever you upload to they'll find it easily enough

Make sure your files are less than 6mb though or you won't be able to upload them.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I do hope this is easy or the Tech thread is gonna get some hammer in the next 12 months

Just ask in here. I you scan yourself, scan to PDF.

I tried doing it to PDF and they all came out around 14mb. scanning to JPEG came in at around 1MB im doing it as a write this post. Does anyone else find it mildly irritating that after paying over £2k you still have to do most of the admin yourself!!

Old Hand มือเก่า

I would say time and cost cutting = more profit
    Lets be honest its being run like a business rather than a public service them days went with the 10 bin men collecting your bins hanging onto the back of the truck health and safety

Ive just finished uploading all the documents now. took nearly 4 hours non stop. I wish they allowed you to ctrl click and upload multiple documents. literally 1 at a time for all 200 bits of paper!

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    Ive just finished uploading all the documents now. took nearly 4 hours non stop. I wish they allowed you to ctrl click and upload multiple documents. literally 1 at a time for all 200 bits of paper!
    I am looking forward to this experience! Will be uploading it all next month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried doing it to PDF and they all came out around 14mb. scanning to JPEG came in at around 1MB im doing it as a write this post. Does anyone else find it mildly irritating that after paying over £2k you still have to do most of the admin yourself!!
    I downloaded a free trial of Acrobat Pro and created multi page documents and then saved them as optimised files. All less than 1 MB each. Took less than 15 minutes to upload the lot. More time to double check of course but doing it yourself should ensure you don't miss anything.

A basic scanner should allow you to scan each document straight to PDF, and each file should be around 500 kb. if you need to combine any such as bank statements or passports, you can use an online combine PDF:

https://combinepdf.com/

Weird. No matter what I did any file I uploaded as a pdf was 14+mb that was with nitro Pro

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I take my hat off to all of you above. I wouldn't know where to start. When Jan got ILR in 2009 we had none of this. It sounds very complicated. Good luck to you all.
    Melnathan

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Weird. No matter what I did any file I uploaded as a pdf was 14+mb that was with nitro Pro
    I used a scanner at work. On the standard settings, scanning direct to PDF the files were quite large. Reducing the quality setting and scanning in black and white rather than colour made a big difference to the file size

Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    I take my hat off to all of you above. I wouldn't know where to start. When Jan got ILR in 2009 we had none of this. It sounds very complicated. Good luck to you all.
    Melnathan
    I had my concerns before submitting my wife's ILR a few weeks ago. However, other than a few technical issues I also had with scanning, the process is actually now simpler than the paper version in my opinion.

100% agree. Much simpler.