Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Schengen for france

Hi gents, bit complicated this one, I'm selling my house in London, but in the meantime I have bought a property in france (which is where I'm writing this from) it's a nice place in the vendee region of france and it's set in a beautiful area and not far from the beach....the property has previously been rented on Airbnb predominantly in the months of may,June,July and August the revenue that generates covers absolutely everything habitation tax, water electricity and gas and allows me to bank a bit of profit, here is the complicated bit, I'm off to Thailand end of may next year on a non immigrant OA visa, at the end of the second year I want to fly from bkk to France with my gf ( I think by then she will be my wife) I'm a uk national and hold a uk passport, but I also hold a Republic of Ireland passport because my father was Irish, can I fly from Thailand with my partner into France without a visit visa? Just apply for a schengen visa for her to accompany me to France? I can apply for a visit visa for her to visit London with me and then apply for a schengen visa for her to visit France, but it seems like the long way around to do it.
    i hope the above makes some sense
    essex boys

If she is going direct to France and doesn’t need to come to the UK, all she needs is a Schengen visa.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    ... here is the complicated bit, I'm off to Thailand end of may next year on a non immigrant OA visa, at the end of the second year I want to fly from bkk to France with my gf ( I think by then she will be my wife) I'm a uk national and hold a uk passport, but I also hold a Republic of Ireland passport because my father was Irish, can I fly from Thailand with my partner into France without a visit visa? Just apply for a schengen visa for her to accompany me to France? I can apply for a visit visa for her to visit London with me and then apply for a schengen visa for her to visit France, but it seems like the long way around to do it.
    i hope the above makes some sense
    essex boys
    I suggest you come back with this question once we know how we will actually Brexit.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I suggest you come back with this question once we know how we will actually Brexit.
    As a Thai national travelling from Thailand, would she not require: A UK visit visa for the UK or a schengen visa for the schengen area - Before or After Brexit ?
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

If its a visit then a schengen visa but after brexit it will cost money ???

If its to live then a longer term french visa @carte de sejour' will be needed

The French make their own rules
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Surely, as Essex Boys mentions that he has Irish Passport, and looks like he's exercising his freedom of movement etc to live in France, Brexit will have no impact if the application is from Thailand for his then to be wife. If he wants to do a settlement visa whilst living in France, he would also have the benefit of free and expedited under his Irish Citizenship too wouldn't he?

Some very good replys there gents, I have dual nationality, so I have a United Kingdom passport and an Irish passport ( Republic of Ireland) what I'm trying to avoid is travelling from Thailand with my partner to the uk on a visit visa ( for her) and then arranging a schengen visa for her to visit France and the house, to then fly back from France to London and then fly to Bangkok, I'm hoping that we could fly to France from Bangkok with my partner travelling on a schengen visa, I very much doubt that I could apply for a visit visa for her to visit France because I'm not a French national. I'm going to make enquiries with the French immigration to see what is possible to do, maybe it's as easy as just apply for a schengen visa and that's enough for my partner to enter france with me...I will update this thread with any further information I get.
    once again gents thank you for your input and time in responding to my question.
    essex boys

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Whatever visa she applies for she will need to apply for it in Thailand as that's where she is a resident. If you successfully apply for her to live with you in France, then she could apply for a UK visa from there.
    If you want both a Schengen Visa and a UK visa whilst she is resident in Thailand then both visas will have to be applied for there.
    Schengen visa would be best applied for as the wife of an Irish citizen (Brexit won't affect it at all) which is what you refer to as a "visit visa for her to visit France" as it covers entry to all the Schengen treaty countries, including France. As an Irish citizen, your wife would be accompanying you while you exercise your freedom of movement rights (which we as UK citizens will lose after Brexit).

As far as a long term solution, I have a friend who has both British and Irish nationality (he lives in Northern Ireland), and he found that the route for his wife to become an Irish citizen was far less painful (and expensive) and quicker than the UK settlement process.
    As the Republic of Ireland and the UK have an agreement (The Common Travel Area) which is not dependent on either country being member states of the EU (it pre-dates the creation of the EU), an Irish passport will still allow travel, residence, healthcare, and work, in the UK after brexit (as it will also do in the EU) This agreement was re-affirmed in May of this year.
    https://www.dfa.ie/media/dfa/eu/brex...tement-CTA.pdf
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Old Hand มือเก่า

I was going to make a topic on something like this if you worked in France and was married to your wife i am sure you could apply under the EU rules and have your wife in France for a token payment then move back to the UK under the same rules by passing all the UK immigration laws but all might change soon ,

Hi all, again thanks for your input and information, I will be going to retire in Thailand about June 2020, at some stage I want to be able to visit France for my gf (should be wife by then) to see the house and generally show her a bit of france, I don't have any intentions of living in france with her, it's purely for a visit, I bought the house in france with some if the pay out I got when I took early retirement from my employer, I reckon it will realise more profit than a savings account, and it will produce revenue and it's somewhere for us to holiday in if we want. But at the moment all I'm seeking to do is to get a schengen visa for her to accompany me to France as she hasn't seen the house I bought.
    essex boys

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Hi all, again thanks for your input and information, I will be going to retire in Thailand about June 2020, at some stage I want to be able to visit France for my gf (should be wife by then) to see the house and generally show her a bit of france, I don't have any intentions of living in france with her, it's purely for a visit, I bought the house in france with some if the pay out I got when I took early retirement from my employer, I reckon it will realise more profit than a savings account, and it will produce revenue and it's somewhere for us to holiday in if we want. But at the moment all I'm seeking to do is to get a schengen visa for her to accompany me to France as she hasn't seen the house I bought.
    essex boys
    In that case, when you're in Thailand apply for a Schengen visa there for your wife using your Irish citizenship. She will be accompanying her spouse, who is an EU citizen who is exercising his free movement rights in the Schengen area.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."