Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default Schengen for spain

Hi all my wife's current Schengen visa expires 31st October this year and we want to go to Tenerife at Xmas .
    1,would she have a problem gaining this ?
    2,this is the main question having already supplied fingerprints for Germany does she have to go to London or Edinburgh to gain this we are from Manchester and this is a mission in its self if she has to ?
    Germany was so easy but this Spanish one everything is vague .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    Hi all my wife's current Schengen visa expires 31st October this year and we want to go to Tenerife at Xmas .
    1,would she have a problem gaining this ?
    2,this is the main question having already supplied fingerprints for Germany does she have to go to London or Edinburgh to gain this we are from Manchester and this is a mission in its self if she has to ?
    Germany was so easy but this Spanish one everything is vague .
    Sadly each EU country are meant to have the same system for Schengen applications, but they don't. Spain is one of the most difficult in their requirements. Your wife will have attend to supply her biometrics as they use them each time to make sure it is the same person applying. It should be relatively straightforward as she has had a Schengen before but you need to check what is required by the Spanish on their website. I believe they want a lot more information and paperwork than you had to supply for her Schengen to Germany.

The other thing that could throw a spanner in the works is Brexit, of course and nobody knows how that will affect things.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Why not just get another German one then ? You can still go to Spain as long as you say your final destination in Gemany, we done similar with a Portugese Visa as they were easy to get at the time....So glad all that crap is behind us...Good Luck

Old Hand มือเก่า

I was wondering if visa metric did the leg work in Manchester it is there web site that is unclear thus avoiding a trip to London or Edinburgh even if it cost a little sure beats the travel these places .

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Spain has been covered on this forum in full in the last 2 months especially by me. As of August they were still giving visas for 6 months.
    Melnathan

Old Hand มือเก่า

hi all i have just found this so it says my wife does not need to attend (i think)

Following the adoption of the (VIS) system:

• Applicants are required to submit their first application in person in order to have their biometric data recorded, including fingerprints of the ten fingers and a photo.
    • The above-mentioned biometric data are stored in the VIS database and can be accessed for five years thereafter, which means applicants will not be required to apply in person after the first time.
    • When entering the Schengen area, border control authorities can double-check the travelers’ identity using the VIS system.

Many years ago when I wanted to take Aom to Gran Canaria, and before she had citizenship, the Spanish Schengen application was given up on, it took some premium number phone calls, even after involving Solvit, MEPs etc we were left with 3 months before an appointment could be made and there was also an issue that even though the Islands were part of Spain there would be more than a Schengen required. Looks like the great EU freedom of movement that should be in place over these type of instances is still being abused, seems very strange.

Samsung I think you are wrong. Having had 6 Spanish visas in 2 1/2 years we have had to go BLS every time and they take biometrics EVERY time. Since March they now insist your Thai marriage certificate is stamped by the Thai Embassy (cost £10). We have only been back 2 weeks for the third time this year.
    They seem to re-write the rules every time we go. Best of luck but don't mention my name as they don't like me there, was asked to leave the cosulate in March .
    Melnathan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    ... Best of luck but don't mention my name as they don't like me there, was asked to leave the cosulate in March .
    What did you do?!!
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Firstly I was not happy with their rule changes firstly having had 4 visas already they wanted our marriage certificate stamped from the Thai Embassy ( that was in March ) they wanted copies of Jans visas . Pointed out he was holding the passport with them in.
    Went to the Consulate for help having got nothing from BLS with an appointment lady was not helping at all and asking if they were making waves because of Brexit I was asked to leave.
    I was told I needed to show bank statements with so many thousands in them. I informed them We were only going on holiday for five days , we didn't want to by Spain by which time I was loosing it. Oh they also wanted proof of us being together they didn't like my reply when I told him the marriage certificate he was holding was proof.
    With all the coming and goings we were making plans to loose the flights and stay here. However I just happen to look at my e-mails before work on the Friday which said your passport is ready for collection But did it contain the visa. It can be collected at 4.00 pm and we were going on Sunday
    Well that was March . August was another story (for another time ?)
    Melnathan

Blog Entries

What a pain! And they were not entitled to see bank statements or proof that you were together. Had they not granted the visa they would have been in breach of EU Free Movement Regulations, that's why I suspect you were given the visa at the last minute.

You ruffled some feathers and they tried to make life difficult for you. Very poor behaviour on their part.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Tobias, It was 2007 that I tried applying and was told that we needed to attend the consulate/embassy and the earliest appointment they could offer was 3 months later. I followed up with complaints to Solvit/MEPs and just found the response from Solvit in my emails, looks like more than feathers needed to be ruffled if it's still so difficult to obtain something that should be so simple, still it's only about 12 years on from when I had issues...

19 Feb 2008 at 12:11Korcz Christine (Miss CB) EWT <Chris.Korcz@berr.gsi.gov.uk>
    To: ...............…

Good morning Mr .......
    I am sorry for the delay in responding to your complaint on SOLVIT about obtaining a visa for your wife to enter Spain for a holiday.
    The visa requirement is contained within Article 5.2 of Directive 2004/38/EC, which specifies that there shall be no charge for the visa but that a visa can be required in respect of a non EU spouse of an EU citizen. The Article does not specifically refer to the procedures for providing a visa, only that the process shall be quicker than it would otherwise be. No deadline is provided as there is for other types of EU documentation, such as a residence permit, so it is impossible to advise whether or not the Spanish Embassy were in breach by not providing the visa in time.
    In respect of the charge made for the telephone call, although this is not an area that is specifically referred to in the Article it is my understanding that the European Commission is looking into the matter, which might be resolved through the European Courts, this is therefore not a matter that an informal dispute resolution network can resolve.
    However, you can make a complaint to the Consulate if you wish to seek compensation for the lost holiday, you can request and complete a Libro de Quejas, which will then be investigated by the Administration Central Services to evaluate if procedures were breached.
    Regards
    Christine Korcz
    UK SOLVIT Centre
    Direct line: 020 7215 2833

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    Samsung I think you are wrong. Having had 6 Spanish visas in 2 1/2 years we have had to go BLS every time and they take biometrics EVERY time. Since March they now insist your Thai marriage certificate is stamped by the Thai Embassy (cost £10). We have only been back 2 weeks for the third time this year.
    They seem to re-write the rules every time we go. Best of luck but don't mention my name as they don't like me there, was asked to leave the cosulate in March .
    Melnathan
    im sorry but this is the top hit when i google it not me saying so i am not wrong just giving feedback to what response i get from the net i do not know if this is right /wrong .
    If you have already provided your biometric data for a previous successful Schengen visa application with one Schengen country, then you do not need to come in person to submit them again if you apply for a new Schengen visa, even with a different Schengen country.