Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member สมาชิก

Default Final check of documents I need to send for FLR

Hi,

Hopefully this is the final check of what documents I need to provide for FLR for my wife and 2 step sons.

As part of the application it asked for the following which I was unsure what was required or why it was asked.

1) A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period

2) Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there

For 2) above I own the property and of course my wife lives with me but couldn't see through the application questions why this was asked.

Other information I am providing but just wanted to check if anything missed, do we need to provide the Thai original documents as well as the translated versions (where applicable).

Passports (old and new) for wife and children
    BRPs for wife and children
    Letters addressed to both of us over the 2y and 9m (e.g. council tax bills, NI Number)
    6 month bank statements
    Payslips
    P60
    Letter from employee
    Contract of employment
    Letter from schools attended by children
    Marriage certificate
    Birth Certificates
    Change of name documents for my wife
    Mortgage statement
    Letter from Council to state the house meets immigration standards
    Pictures of house and rooms (provided in the LTE settlement visa)
    Facebook history for relationship
    Relationship photos over 2y and 9m (just a selection of spread evenly)
    POR KOR 14 (sole responsibility letter)
    Our daughters birth certificate and passport (born in Thailand but now a UK Citizen)

Please let me know if anything is missing from above and do I need to provide any supporting letters.

Thanks,
    David

I've never seen this one before. All I ever provided was a mortgage statement, a council tax bill and explained that my place has 3 bedrooms.

I doubt that these are needed.

None of these needed for FLR. The correspondence to the two of you proves you are together and they need to be spread evenly.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks, that will help reduce what I need to send. I probably went over the top in the LTE visa (as my initial version was refused). The letter from the Council was something I was advised to provide (following some legal consultation) as I had 3 children to confirm that the house was still suitable even though I provided the same as part of the LTE. I wanted to just say 3 bedrooms as you did and it cost me £100 for the privilege.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I do not think you will need any of the below as rasg says .

I didn't pick upon the three kids... The letter from the council will help I think. In the end it is all supplied digitally now.

Member สมาชิก

Thanks for the feedback provided - all useful as always.

Another question though, when addressing letters e.g. letter from my company around payslips etc. whom do we need to address to as previously I used, Entry Clearance Officer. Is that correct?

I use To whom to may concern or Dear Sir/Madam.

Either is fine.

Blog Entries

It doesn’t really matter, but when writing to an organisation, then ‘Dear Sirs’ remains the accepted standard in professional circles.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Dear Sirs probably is the convention but it's not very 2020 or PC is it? My guess is that many ECOs are female but I don't know.

Made me think of this from the Young Ones... (some potentially rude language)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Dear Sirs probably is the convention but it's not very 2020 or PC is it? My guess is that many ECOs are female but I don't know.
    PCness is irreverent, you are addressing an organisation not an individual hence “Sirs” and not Sir or Madam.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Dear Sirs probably is the convention but it's not very 2020 or PC is it?

Just as well its still 2019 then

Assuming most ECOs are female is not PC I thought the norm is gender fluid these days if the media are to be believed it should be Dear things
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

I understand where you are coming from Tobias. I'm probably letting my imagination run wild with images of a 'feminazi' taking umbridge to think she is being assumed as male. "Application denied".

On a more serious note, I didn't know a letter to a company should be addressed to "sirs".

Back to the thread in hand, I had an email yesterday regarding my wife's FLR (M) application asking for a breakdown of income and expenditure. I'm not sure if this is something everyone needs to send or just self-employed people. The email didn't make clear as to personal or business. I would have assumed statements would have covered this for the personal side of things. (I use the same bank account for both).

Quote Originally Posted by walshie View Post
    Back to the thread in hand, I had an email yesterday regarding my wife's FLR (M) application asking for a breakdown of income and expenditure. I'm not sure if this is something everyone needs to send or just self-employed people. The email didn't make clear as to personal or business. I would have assumed statements would have covered this for the personal side of things. (I use the same bank account for both).
    Did you supply an audited set of accounts and an SA302?

Yes, and a certificate of authenticity from my chartered accountant. It was basically an identical application to the last flr m we got. Got me a bit anxious as they’re obviously concerned with the authenticity of something

How close to the figure of £18,600 are you, if that's not a rude question?

I have 2 sources of income for the previous year 1 is self employment which is £18700 and employment which is at 17500 or something like that. I earn 36k a year but left my employment half way though the year because the company was going bust. I now work in the same capacity but for a different company and self employed.

Well above the threshold then. If they need a breakdown, they need it.

The only time I have seen this is where a sponsor had claimed he earned just over the threshold but he hadn’t claimed some allowances to artificially show he was earning a bit more. The visa was refused as a result. Your threshold is almost double what you need so I doubt that is the problem.

Cheers rash, got an email today saying it’s all approved and will get bro in due course

Perfect!!