Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Marriage Visa from Thai Embassy in London - How long

Has any one applied for a one year marriage visa at the Thai Embassy and how long did it take from sending to receiving back ?

Member สมาชิก

I might be wrong but you don't get one year ? It is 60 or 90 days and you extend in Thailand ? Anyway the London embassy website has all the details. I'll be applying for one next year. Let me know how you get on

Very dependent on the type of marriage visa you are talking about but none last for one year as far as I know.

There is a marriage visit visa for getting married in the UK and going back home that lasts for six months.

A Settlement (Fiancée) visa that lasts for six months to allow you to get married in the UK and then stay that lasts for six months. When it expires your wife will have to apply for for Further leave to remain, then Further leave to remain again and then for Indefinite leave to remain when she has lived in the UK for five years.

A settlement visa where you get married in Thailand and it allows your wife to move to the UK for 33 months, followed by Further leave to remain, and then for Indefinite leave to remain when she has lived in the UK for five years.

Member สมาชิก

I thought he meant a marriage VISA to settle in Thailand, not the other way round ?

Yes Visa to settle in Thailand. I got my wires crossed it is 90 days, then extend in Thailand. Someone told me they got a one year visa from London for Marriage. What they meant was it was valid for one year, ie use it within one year but for stays no longer than 90 days. So I the question has been answered as the previous 90 day visa based on Marriage came back within two days.

Member สมาชิก

What financial evidence did you provide? As I recall they make a request for this without being specific.

I have done this two ways, first time I got statements printed at my bank for the last three months and had the bank sign and stamp them. The second time I just printed out statements from the internet banking and signed and dated them myself. I also asked the wife to sign a letter stating where we are staying (in our house, well her's by law).