Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Sports Bars Korat

Bit of a long shot I know but do any old hands or ex Pat's know Korat well enough to recommend a good sports bar that will be showing the rugby this Saturday??

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

FOUND ONE!!! Just phoned the George and Dragon and the fella said they would be showing the games - hope te result will be worth it!!!

Hope you find the pub worth it!
    'Tis me

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Hope you find the pub worth it!
    That good, huh?

It's a bit marmiteish, but it's essentially the last expat watering hole standing in that part of town - and it's for sale.

The owner isn't the friendliest soul in town and there weren't too many crying into their pint mugs when word got out it was for sale. Can be difficult to park as well.

On the plus side, it's next to Korat chef, who make pies, bacon, sausages, curries and so on, I used them all the time when living in Korat. On saying that, The Mall in Korat (as do several in Bangkok, including their high end stores Emquartier, Emporium and Siam Paragon), sell Hua Hin Ham and Bacon produce in their freezers, selling the same sort of stuff - and I use them now I am in Hua Hin!
    'Tis me

actually found another place called the Monkey Bar - apparently quite close to the George. The Monkey Bar looked the better choice from various website visits so we plotted up in there for the England game, most of the Ireland game and then again on Sunday for the Wales game.

Reasonably priced beer, good food. Several tv screens, pool table and dart board. Apparently, live music some evenings as well. From the looks of things it is also quite probably one of the best and few remaining ex pat bars in town.

All in all, worth a visit if anyone is in that neck of the woods. Think it's only been going for about a year so they could probably do with some support.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    The owner isn't the friendliest soul in town and there weren't too many crying into their pint mugs when word got out it was for sale. Can be difficult to park as well.
    Always puzzled me why miserable men and women run Pubs and Bars and then moan when customers don't come back.

I think they think they have a captivated audience, I long ago started voting with my feet and much prefer to drive a few miles more so I don't have to see the miserable landlady's face at my local or give her my well earnt money.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    actually found another place called the Monkey Bar.
    This used to be called by another name, which escapes me for the moment - which shut down unexpectedly, because it was regarded as the best farang bar in that area. Same format really. Live music and the rest. Good to see that in another guise, it's still going strong.
    'Tis me