Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Exclamation ILR(m): NEED SERIOUS HELP!!

Hi,

Sorry for the dramatic subject but I think it just might be more serious than I can make it.

My wife is about to apply for ILR(m) and this very day I have been made redundant from a job I have been in for 18+ years. Redundancy because the company fell into administration.

We would have been relying on my salary for this visa and savings are not enough to meet the threshold needed. My last payslip is the end of October one and I will receive pay for the few days I have worked this November but that payslip will be much reduced.

Getting a job would be the best option here but as everyone knows, not as easy at it sounds at such short notice that we need to apply for the visa ( she will have lived here 5 years the end of November ).

I am just after any help/advice on where we stand with this visa and what "exceptional circumstances" might we try and use to get out of this mess.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Can you apply for the visa before you would be due another payslip?

Member สมาชิก

I could, what is the likelihood of them finding out?

Old Hand มือเก่า

Terrible luck .
    Supply the information they need ,did you get a letter from employer recent ?
    They might check but what options do you have ?
    I would go with if you have all the documents send them quick .Im sure someone will come along and give you sound advice good luck any way .

I don’t want to give unprofessional advice but I would expect very slim. I know what I would do if the alternative was wifey being deported

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

If it was me, I would be putting in the application ASAP, if you meet all the other criteria. You are allowed to apply for ILR 28 days before the 5 year anniversary of being settled in the UK.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    If it was me, I would be putting in the application ASAP, if you meet all the other criteria. You are allowed to apply for ILR 28 days before the 5 year anniversary of being settled in the UK.
    yes eyes closed i know speak English attitude ,

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For ILR as sponsor you have to provide a letter from your employer stating terms of employment (e.g. full-time etc), annual salary, when you started for the company. I'm guessing you don't already have that for when you were to apply at the end of the month?

Old Hand มือเก่า

i normally had my letter a couple of months before i applied for first visa and FLM so possible OP could have that i did ask on reply 4 if he had ,.

Member สมาชิก

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.. I do have a letter confirming my employment and salary and when I started working there. I had this done just to have it on file.. I did the same with confirming printed digital payslips too..

I'm seeing the general thought here ( although I understand it's obviously not professional advice ) is just steam ahead and just try and wing it with Octobers payslip as the latest within 28 days and hope using the 2 day service it just flies through like the same day service did for the FLR.

To be honest it doesn't sound like you have much option here. You have all the evidence/documents you need so if it were me (just my own personal opinion) I would get it in the post, not use the 2 day service as you could be asked questions at the interview and you would not want to lie, and keep my fingers crossed.
    I'm ONE of the 52%