Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    Rookie มือใหม่
    Join Date
    8 Nov 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default ILR application for wife with child FLR?

    Hi, I used these forums many years ago for guidance and hope I could ask a few questions of the experts before I submit my wife’s ILR application which I have left a bit last minute.

    My wife is on the 5 year route with her Thai daughter as a dependent.
    My wife will be applying for ILR but due to the costs her daughter will be applying for FLR at the same time.

    I have been through the online ILR application form for my wife and added her daughter as a dependent on the same application but it hasn’t asked or let me select her daughters application type as FLR yet. I haven’t confirmed on the final page or gone to the payment page, could this option be there?

    The other question I have is for the mortgage agreement document. I don’t have an agreement letter but I do have my annual mortgage statement, would that suffice?

    My final question for now, I believe once I confirm the application online I need to select a date for submitting the documents which I will scan and upload before the document appointment. Is there a problem if the date for the documents appointment is after her current visa expires or will she be ok so long as her online application has been submitted before her visa expires?

    TIA
    UT.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UdonTh View Post
    The other question I have is for the mortgage agreement document. I don’t have an agreement letter but I do have my annual mortgage statement, would that suffice?

    My final question for now, I believe once I confirm the application online I need to select a date for submitting the documents which I will scan and upload before the document appointment. Is there a problem if the date for the documents appointment is after her current visa expires or will she be ok so long as her online application has been submitted before her visa expires?
    My annual mortgage statement has always been enough for my wife's FLR visas.

    I submitted my wife's second FLR back in April on the day of expiry of her FLR visa. We then submitted everything at Sopra Steria in Reading about three weeks later with no issues.

    Not sure about the answers to the rest of your questions.

  3. #3
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    23 Nov 2003
    Location
    Egremont Cumbria
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UdonTh View Post
    My wife is on the 5 year route with her Thai daughter as a dependent.
    My wife will be applying for ILR but due to the costs her daughter will be applying for FLR at the same time.

    I have been through the online ILR application form for my wife and added her daughter as a dependent on the same application but it hasn’t asked or let me select her daughters application type as FLR yet. I haven’t confirmed on the final page or gone to the payment page, could this option be there?
    I would of thought you might have to make two separate applications, ILR for your wife and FLR for her daughter.
    If your going down the route of FLR for her daughter due to cost, have you taken into account that you might still have to pay the IHS. If this is the case, wouldn't it just be best going down the ILR route for both of them?

  4. #4
    Rookie มือใหม่
    Join Date
    8 Nov 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Thanks fellas.
    Although the costs are not too far apart and less in the long run two flrs together is quite a dent atm. It’s not ruled out just not preferred especially at this time of year.

  5. #5

    Default

    I thought a bit more about this and checked and the costs are not that far apart.

    Indefinite leave to remain is £2,389 with no NHS surcharge.
    Further leave to remain is £1,033 plus the NHS surcharge which is £1,000. Total £2033.00

    A difference of £356.00. Not that much in the scheme of things.

    A lot more in the long run with another £2389 after 30 months.

  6. #6
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    23 Nov 2003
    Location
    Egremont Cumbria
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    Further leave to remain is £1,033 plus the NHS surcharge which is £1,000. Total £2033.00

    A difference of £356.00. Not that much in the scheme of things.

    A lot more in the long run with another £2389 after 30 months.
    That was my thinking rasg. But as the OP said in the original post, only the daughter would be going for FLR. I reckoned the difference would of been about the £350-£600 mark with not knowing the age of the daughter for the NHS surcharge, would it be £750 or £1000, what is the NHS surcharge for children and students?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UdonTh View Post
    My wife is on the 5 year route with her Thai daughter as a dependent.
    My wife will be applying for ILR but due to the costs her daughter will be applying for FLR at the same time.
    I read it differently to you I think. I thought the OP was suggesting that cash was a bit tight and was doing ILR for his wife and only applying for FLR for the daughter to save a bit of cash. That was my impression any way.

    I had a look and the fees seem to be identical for adults and kids for ILR and FLR and the NHS surcharge.

  8. #8
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    I thought a bit more about this and checked and the costs are not that far apart.

    Indefinite leave to remain is £2,389 with no NHS surcharge.
    Further leave to remain is £1,033 plus the NHS surcharge which is £1,000. Total £2033.00

    A difference of £356.00. Not that much in the scheme of things.

    A lot more in the long run with another £2389 after 30 months.
    Thats why i have always said you get a few goes at the main stumbling block LITUK at £50 a pop

  9. #9

    Default

    Or a serious amount of studying is done before taking it, of course!

    My wife's boss passed on the fourth go but refused any help from anybody.

  10. #10
    Premium Member Gary & Nok's Avatar
    Join Date
    6 Mar 2006
    Location
    Birmingham - UK
    Posts
    13,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasg View Post
    I read it differently to you I think. I thought the OP was suggesting that cash was a bit tight and was doing ILR for his wife and only applying for FLR for the daughter to save a bit of cash. That was my impression any way.
    Exactly how I read it too.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

  11. #11
    Rookie มือใหม่
    Join Date
    8 Nov 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Well after some recalculations regarding the NHS charges we have decided to go with ILR for both.

    Luckily my wife passed the LITUK test first time so some money was saved there.

    In the application form it asks if my wife met the knowledge of English requirement as part of an ILR application on or before 28/10/13? The answer is no as this is her first ILR but the application doesn’t ask for her B1 English test details (as it did for the LITUK test) and it’s not listed in the documents required list.

    Should that be a concern, have I completed the form incorrectly or should I add the document onto the application PDF’s regardless?

    My other slight concerns are using my email address for the application and using downloaded bank statements, payslips and P60.

    They should be ok shouldn’t they?

    Thank you for all responses, they are much appreciated.

  12. #12
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 May 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,259
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    In the application form it asks if my wife met the knowledge of English requirement as part of an ILR application on or before 28/10/13? The answer is no as this is her first ILR but the application doesn’t ask for her B1 English test details (as it did for the LITUK test) and it’s not listed in the documents required list.


    I think you're filling in the wrong form. I have read through a printout of my wifes recent ILR (successful) application. It doesn't ask the above question.

    However, we have just submitted her application for citizenship and that form does ask the above question. But you seem to have read it wrong too. The question asks:

    "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

    I may be wrong but I think you are looking at Form AN for naturalisation as a British Citizen. Not form SETM which is the form for ILR

  13. #13
    Rookie มือใหม่
    Join Date
    8 Nov 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post


    I think you're filling in the wrong form. I have read through a printout of my wifes recent ILR (successful) application. It doesn't ask the above question.

    However, we have just submitted her application for citizenship and that form does ask the above question. But you seem to have read it wrong too. The question asks:

    "Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"

    I may be wrong but I think you are looking at Form AN for naturalisation as a British Citizen. Not form SETM which is the form for ILR
    Hi, thanks for replying. I definitely have the Set(M) form, I have the application printed out and it says SetM and so does the email link to the saved copy, had a panic there!

    In the Personal Information section there is a question:
    “Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?(Required)
    Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.”

    I copied the question with the wrong wording the answer is still no though as I read it. This is my wife’s first indefinite leave to remain application unless her flr application counts?

    She didn’t have the B1 qualification either until recently.

    Toddmeister, B1 is a requirement but I can’t see it mentioned on the form or on the mandatory documents list, did you upload it as part of your wife’s application?

  14. #14
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 May 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,259
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Sorry I can't help. I'm looking at my wifes ILR printout now and it's like we're looking at different forms.


    The answer is no as this is her first ILR but the application doesn’t ask for her B1 English test details (as it did for the LITUK test)
    You say there is no mention of the English test but on the ILR form there is a section dedicated especially to it. It is also the second item listed at the end under required documents. This is what my wifes ILR application asked for.....

    Knowledge of language of life in the UK:

    Select which qualification you have obtained to prove your knowledge of English Language

    Which body awarded your test?

    Provide the SELT unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding body.

    As for the Life in the UK test. What did it say on your ILR application? On my wifes SETM it just asks "Have you passed the LIfe in the UK test?" - Yes. However on her citizenship application it asks the same but then in addition it asks for the LITUK unique reference number from her pass letter.

    In the Personal Information section there is a question:
    “Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?(Required)
    Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.”
    Again to me this text doesn't make sense for an ILR but does for a citizenship application. Where is the text quoted from? ILR is settlement. So assuming this text relates to an ILR application, why would someone who already has settlement (which the quote suggests) be applying for ILR? Sorry if I'm confusing things but i'm totally confused having done both applications very recently I can't remember any of what you are quoting being in the ILR application.

  15. #15
    Rookie มือใหม่
    Join Date
    8 Nov 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    Again to me this text doesn't make sense for an ILR but does for a citizenship application. Where is the text quoted from? ILR is settlement. So assuming this text relates to an ILR application, why would someone who already has settlement (which the quote suggests) be applying for ILR? Sorry if I'm confusing things but i'm totally confused having done both applications very recently I can't remember any of what you are quoting being in the ILR application.
    I have tried the application from scratch twice today on a phone and computer using Windows and IOS but I get the same questions every time.

    I can’t post photos on here but this is a link to a photo of the ‘Knowledge of the English language’ section I have on my application form -
    https://imgur.com/rAyQtme

    You can see the top left it says Set(M) and the question I copied previously.

    Before that question there is “Life in the UK test” section which asks “have you passed the Life in the UK test?” I answered yes and it then asks for the unique reference number.

    The payment section on the print out also lists the price as £2408 so it must be the correct form.

    I don’t know what to do now. Should I send the completed application minus the B1 information and add her form as an uploaded PDF?

  16. #16
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 May 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,259
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Sorry I've no idea. What is the next question after you click "No" on the "Did you meet the knowledge of language on or after 2013......" question?

  17. #17
    Rookie มือใหม่
    Join Date
    8 Nov 2019
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    Sorry I've no idea. What is the next question after you click "No" on the "Did you meet the knowledge of language on or after 2013......" question?
    The next question is “what languages do you speak fluently?” then “how long have you lived in the UK”

  18. #18
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 May 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,259
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Maybe they've streamlined the questions or something since we did my wifes back in July. I guess all you can do is upload the B1 cert with your other documents

  19. #19
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    31 May 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    It’s a poorly wording question but I read it as the following:

    It is asking whether you have met the language requirements for ILR on or after 28th October 2013 which would be for this application so the answer should be YES.

    The bit under I understand as if you provided a B1 certificate that was accepted at last settlement visa (i.e FLR) you would be allowed to use it again.
    But if it was one you had not used or was accepted previously then you cannot use it.

    My interpretation is that if you used a B1 test that was accepted at time of your last settlement visa but is no longer one of the approved centres then you can use it again as it was accepted before.

    Hopefully someone else can provide knowledge on this and point out whether what I’ve put is correct or way off.

  20. #20
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    7 May 2010
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    2,259
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    The bit under I understand as if you provided a B1 certificate that was accepted at last settlement visa (i.e FLR)
    But FLR isn't settlement. It's simply further leave to remain. Settlement is defined as ILR on the government website.

    You can use a B1 that was used for FLRM (provided its still by a provider on the current list) as thats what we did. But I think the query is why is the form now does not reference the B1 cert at all.

    UdonTh if you go back into your application and change the No to a Yes on that question does it then give you the option to detail the B1 certificate?

Similar Threads

  1. Spouse VISA for wife and child
    By nickuk in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 21st Jul 2019, 12:57
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th Sep 2018, 01:26
  3. Income requirement?? wife with child
    By novation in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31st Aug 2014, 13:26
  4. Adoption of my wife's Child
    By sateeb in forum Miscellaneous Legal Matters
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th Feb 2010, 15:42
  5. ILR Visa for wife and child
    By russkev in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th Sep 2007, 01:41

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •