Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I know what you mean. I always consider FLR as being part of the route to settlement.
    For instance the child leave to enter visa is categorised a child of a settled person (even though if the parent is on the route to settlement).

The below link explains about the language test and touches on that comment from the photo of the question UdonTh posted.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/...qualifications

I think either way that the answer should be YES and then it populates the details for that.
    I just think the online form is rubbish having tried to use the FLR online form last year and having the same issues other have when they put down dependants who live abroad (where it assumes they are in UK).

Unfortunately I won't get to experience filling in the ILR form until July next year (but probably nearer to December when her permit runs out as I too will have to pay for ILR for mother and daughter).

Surely as soon as you apply for a visa you are applying to settle in the UK, you are not visiting but wishing to start the route to settlement.
    So for me, initial visa, FLR and ILR are ALL settlement visas.

Trouble with online forms is they try to cover too much in one go. Would be far better to have dedicated forms for each scenario, but that is too much work.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Surely as soon as you apply for a visa you are applying to settle in the UK, you are not visiting but wishing to start the route to settlement.
    So for me, initial visa, FLR and ILR are ALL settlement visas.
    To us and anyone applying yes I agree. We would refer to all generically as settlement. FLRM yes "route" to settlement but at that stage it's still tied to marriage. Officially, certainly on the guidance pages only ILR is referred to as "settlement"

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Trouble with online forms is they try to cover too much in one go. Would be far better to have dedicated forms for each scenario, but that is too much work.
    That's what I can't understand about this thread. When I did my wife's ILR & more recently citizenship applications both were different from each other and specific to their category. That's why I was wondering if the ILR form has changed since we did ours as the questions and order seem totally different from the printout I have of my wife's answers

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    UdonTh if you go back into your application and change the No to a Yes on that question does it then give you the option to detail the B1 certificate?
    No it doesn’t, just accepts the Yes and onto the next question.

It is slightly worrying but we don’t have any other option than to apply and add the B1 certificate as a PDF.

Rookie มือใหม่

Just noticed it is a new form as of November the 1st.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...line-form-setm

It has a “Beta” at the top of the application so maybe that’s the reason for the poor questioning?

Blog Entries

The form in that link is dated November 2018

Rookie มือใหม่

The form in that link is dated November 2018
    Didn’t spot that vital part. Glad you did!

Rookie มือใหม่

Could I ask for your help and advice once again? The consequences of a wrong application are a real worry for us not to mention the cost of me messing it up.

I have started a new Set(M) application with fictitious information but not dissimilar stats to test the form again. I selected Yes on the question regarding B1 this time but it makes no difference as I’m still not asked for the certificate number. Am I doing anything wrong?

Here are my answers from the beginning:

Are you currently in the UK? Y

Do you currently have an application with the home office for leave to remain..? N

Is your current entry clearance or ltr as the partner of one of the following? A British Citizen Y

Were you originally granted ltr on the basis of an application made before 9th July 2012 as a partner on the family route? N (started 1st visa 2014)

In which category are you applying for leave to remain? Partner of a person present or settled in the UK-5 year route.

Here is a link to photographs of the downloaded PDF with the middle pages that don’t apply removed https://imgur.com/a/q443iZX

Rookie มือใหม่

We have applied for both ILR visas and will add the B1 cert in the uploaded documents but we now have more questions if anyone could answer.

My wife’s work are asking for a letter from the Home Office to confirm her application has been made. I know she won’t get a letter and have explained to her manager that everything is done online. I provided them with the reference number from the payment confirmation email but they say she can’t work until they get a letter or her visa arrives. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

The second question regards the UKVCAS document appointment. The appointments available at our closest centre all have a price of over £200. Are free appointments ever available or is this another charge?

TIA.

Rookie มือใหม่

Just to be clear...………….Has the form change since 1st November 2018??

Blog Entries

The second question regards the UKVCAS document appointment. The appointments available at our closest centre all have a price of over £200. Are free appointments ever available or is this another charge?
    Only certain "Core" UKVCAS locations offer free appointments which I think are only mid-week too. Most of the other places charge. We had to pay £60 for a midweek appointment local to us for my wifes ILR appointment. We've just booked her citizenship application appointment at the same centre but its a weekend which cost us £125

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by laarbruch View Post
    Just to be clear...………….Has the form change since 1st November 2018??
    No idea sorry. I only have experience of the current available online form and nothing else to compare it to.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Only certain "Core" UKVCAS locations offer free appointments which I think are only mid-week too. Most of the other places charge. We had to pay £60 for a midweek appointment local to us for my wifes ILR appointment. We've just booked her citizenship application appointment at the same centre but its a weekend which cost us £125
    I kept checking today and managed to get a free appointment for next week. It’s a terrible setup with appointments only available for the next two weeks and charges over £200.

Also managed to sort my wife’s work out by supplying her manager the email confirmation despite already giving him the reference number from said email.

I’ll update after the UKVCAS appointment regarding the B1 cert.

Originally Posted by laarbruchJust to be clear...………….Has the form change since 1st November 2018??

No idea sorry. I only have experience of the current available online form and nothing else to compare it to.
    Surely the application MUST be made online! There is now no alternative.

Have a read of :-

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/...h-your-partner
    John