Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Citizenship referee declaration form

Hi All

I've worked through my wifes citizenship application online and now at the "documentation" stage. We already have pretty much all the required documents from her recent ILR application. The list asks for two referee declarations for the applicant but doesn't have a link or download. The only form I can find is this one.....

https://visas-immigration.service.go...ration_MN1.pdf

Is this the correct form? Or is this from the old paper applications? This form asks for name & dob to be put on the back of the photo and glued to the form which seems pretty pointless now that everything is scanned and uploaded online which they won't be able to check?

As for the referee's themselves. One of our friends is a civil servant for HMRC so we've assumed they will qualify as the "professional" 1st referee? The other is a senior IT systems engineer. Both British and over 25.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Ignore this guys. I was getting ahead of myself. When you save and continue after the documents section of the online application the next page contains link to the referee declaration form (which is the same as in the link above)

Also found a link from the guide which lists what are acceptable "professionals" who can act as 1st referee. Civil servant is on there so we're covered on that too

Sorry for the wasted thread

Just thought I'd mention that my wife just recently did her citizenship and for the 1st referee she used a friend who is a director of a limited company, for the 2nd referee she used our next door neighbour who is not a professional. both aged over 25.

The application was successful

Blog Entries

Thanks Elad

We're almost ready to submit & pay. Just want to go over our answers again first.

On the online form it's currently running a service announcement basically saying they are very busy and it may take longer than normal to book an appointment. Did you have to wait long when you booked you appointment? When we did my wifes ILR back in August we had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment local enough to us

Thanks

My wife received ILR around mid July and she applied for citizenship very soon after, and her UKVCAS appointment was 7th august, so it was no more than 3 weeks.

When we did the wife's ILR the nearest appointment to us was Manchester. For citizenship there were more options to choose from and we got one in Sheffield.

Blog Entries

Submitted and paid for. Will have to wait until tomorrow to book her appointment. The earliest mid-week appointment local to us is 3rd December, unfortunately I don't have any holidays left at work to take her, There is a Saturday appointment on the 7th but its double the price. So its either hope my boss will allow me the extra day off and pay £60 for a mid-week appointment or book the Saturday and pay £125!!

Blog Entries

Appointment booked. Couldn't get the time off for a midweek so had to bite the bullet and pay £125 for a weekend slot on the 7th. Also uploaded all required documents just need to add the referee declarations when I get them signed.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Extra £65 for the weekend you can smell that finish line now
    Good luck with it all Will she have to attend the passport office for her first passport ?
    Could be another trip out .

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    Will she have to attend the passport office for her first passport ?
    Yes, a requirement for all first time passport applications now.
    A security requirement to ensure the passport is going to the correct person.
    Only a 5-10 minute interview to attend and answer basic questions that were asked on the application and to check face matches passport.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Member สมาชิก

Good morning toddmeister-This form asks for name & dob to be put on the back of the photo and glued to the form which seems pretty pointless now that everything is scanned and uploaded online which they won't be able to check?

Did you ever find out why we have to get the referees to put the name and dob of the applicant on the back of the photo.?

Regards
    David

Blog Entries

Yeah seems silly to me too but doing it anyway just incase they ask for the originals at some point for whatever reason