Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Essex boys's Avatar

Default Non immigrant 'O' visa based on retirement

Hi gents, if I obtain a non immigrant O visa in London based on retirement, I understand that it is valid for 90 days stay, can this visa then be extended (or extension of stay granted) for a year with 90 Day reporting at immigration in Thailand? If I can do this does anyone know what the requirements are to get the extension.
    many thanks
    essexboys

Member สมาชิก

• You must be over 50 years old
    • You must have a monthly income of 65,000 Thai Baht or more
    • Or, ฿800,000 in a Thai bank account for 60 days+ before applying for the extension. And ฿800,000 remaining for 3 months after the extension, and ฿400,000 thereafter.

The ฿800,000 must be in the bank for at least 2 months before your visa application.
    As of 1st March, 2019, the ฿800,000 must also remain in your bank for 3 months after the extension, and, after those 3 months, you must keep ฿400,000 in there indefinitely.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Ask at your local immigration office for their requirements as there will be slight variations in what each office requires.
    Basically, apply when 30 days stay left on your entry.
    Completed application form with photo attached. TM30 report. Photocopy of passport details page. Photocopy of non-o visa. Photocopy of entry stamp. Photocopy of TM6 ( exit card) Proof of address-copy of lease, accommodation blue book. I live with my wife so needed a copy of her blue book page showing her living there and her id card.
    Proof of funds. 800000 baht in bank account in your name for 2 months before applying. Letter from bank stating account is yours. Bank statement. British embassy does not provide letter confirming monthly income so need proof of money being transferred from overseas every month.I just keep 800k in the bank as it is easier.
    I have just renewed my retirement extension and the office also required a photocopy of every previous extension stamp.
    It should take just an hour or so to do your extension.
    If applying for a re-entry permit, need completed application form with photo. As I am still working overseas, I get a multi entry permit.
    1900 baht for the extension and 3800 baht for re-entry permit.
    Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Thanks for the informative reply, I think I will go with the original plan non immigrant OA visa based on retirement and suffer having to pay health insurance.....for now anyway
    many thanks
    essexboys

Are you aware that London visa applications are now only done online?
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Hi Gary & Nok, yes I'm aware that it's online only now, I thought that I could get the non O visa in London which allows 90 days then extend it in Thailand without having to show 800,000 baht in the bank, it appears I cannot do that so I will apply for my non immigrant OA visa in London in February and sort out the health insurance, I don't really want to transfer 800,000 baht into my Bangkok bank account while the rate is still as low as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Tia View Post
    Ask at your local immigration office for their requirements as there will be slight variations in what each office requires.
    Basically, apply when 30 days stay left on your entry.
    Completed application form with photo attached. TM30 report. Photocopy of passport details page. Photocopy of non-o visa. Photocopy of entry stamp. Photocopy of TM6 ( exit card) Proof of address-copy of lease, accommodation blue book. I live with my wife so needed a copy of her blue book page showing her living there and her id card.
    Proof of funds. 800000 baht in bank account in your name for 2 months before applying. Letter from bank stating account is yours. Bank statement. British embassy does not provide letter confirming monthly income so need proof of money being transferred from overseas every month.I just keep 800k in the bank as it is easier.
    I have just renewed my retirement extension and the office also required a photocopy of every previous extension stamp.
    It should take just an hour or so to do your extension.
    If applying for a re-entry permit, need completed application form with photo. As I am still working overseas, I get a multi entry permit.
    1900 baht for the extension and 3800 baht for re-entry permit.
    Can't think of anything else at the moment.
    Wow! You're not kidding when you say they vary. Yours seems a mix of O and OA requirements. That is way over anything I needed to do back in August when I extended my OA and my other half was with me and she only came along as she was in town at the time and because it was the first extension under the new rules. For next time I have to arrange insurance by the time of my extension, If it took an hour or so in Hua Hin, they would never manage!

Here's a report from elsewhere that I posted at the time:

It was my turn to extend my AO (retirement) visa today. I chose to offer them the bare minimum.

I handed over:

TM7
    TM8
    Passport + copy of photo page, last extension entry and TM6.
    Photos
    Letter from bank confirming x bank acct belonged to me of x address.
    12 months evidence of international payments into Thailand, demonstrating minimum of 65k baht paid monthly. Stamped by bank.
    Hand drawn map.

In addition they asked for:

Bankbook, which they photocopied
    12 months worth of statements for account.
    'Tis me